Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

ThE_kHan07

IF-Rockerz

ThE_kHan07

Posted: 14 January 2009 at 2:17pm | IP Logged
MNS activists threaten Shakeel

Post 26/11 terror attack in Mumbai, the Shiv Sena and Maharashtra Navnirman Sena had asked all Pakistani artistes working in India to flee the country. However, Pakistani comedian Shakeel Siddique refused to toe the line and arrived in India only to receive his marching order from MNS activists today.

Shakeel

Shakeel is here to finish his commitments with Sony for their show Comedy Circus ' Chinchpokli to China. While it's not clear when he arrived, the Pakistani artiste was present at Mohan studios in Andheri today. After learning about this, activists of Maharasthra Navnirman Cine Workers association, led by their president Amey Khopkar barged into the sets today and demanded Shakeel to flee the country at the earliest.

Confirming the news, Maharasthra Navnirman Cine Workers association president Amey Khopkar says, "We were tipped about Shakeel's presence early this morning. We arrived at Mohan Studios at around 3.00 pm and then we ordered Shakeel to flee our country. There wasn't any man handling but it was important to send a stern warning to Shakeel and other Pakistani artistes. "

Adding further, Amey says, "We respect all artistes but after the Mumbai terror attack, there's no place for any Pakistani in Maharashtra. How can we allow a Pakistani to come to our land and crack jokes after their men killed innocent Indians?"

An eye witness recalls, "There was no violence but MNS men severely reprimanded Shakeel, who was really petrified. He was corned by some 10-12 men and they gave him a mouthful. The activists wanted Shakeel to leave India immediately but they were pacified by a production personnel, who explained to them that the actor will take the first available flight."

The question that begs is why is it that during such turbulent times, did one took the risk of inviting a Pakistani to India?

Despite repeated attempts, officials from Sony and the production house (Optimystix) remained unavailable for comment. Shakeel could not be contacted.

*Like I understand the fact that the MNS are worried about their country....but at the same time I think they're also being a lil racist here which is def not a good sign for their country....I mean hey com'on USA nd UK had attacks too but we're still allowing ppl from Pakistan, Afganistan, and Iraqis here...infact I know several afganis here in my school and recently I also notices 2-3 Iraqi students too n everyone's getting along with them fine w/o any probs or making any steretypes comments...I think thts jus rude how u quicjly judge ppl w/o having to noe them or anything....this is one of the biggest and the stupidest issues in our sub continent and I'm really ashamed of tht...DeadAngry

Also.....Afganistan let YRF shoot their Kabul Express their and also provided them with heavy security....I doubt if India will do the same for them since they are "OMG.......TERRORISTS"Wacko thts all most desis fools are good @ doingDead

Edited by ThE_kHan07 - 14 January 2009 at 2:19pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

bookbrain007

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "OMG THIS IS NOT FAIR...SAD!! =[" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 14 January 2009 at 2:34pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

chal_phek_mat

chal_phek_mat

Posted: 14 January 2009 at 7:09pm | IP Logged
Lots of Indians went on a crazy streak, some boycotting Pakistani goods, some boycotting Pakistani artists. Some want War with Pakistan The only political party that have actually taken these crazy streak within people to be seriously are the Shivsena and the MNS. I have always maintained the Thackerays feed off of reactions. Take away the action and they will disappear. But people dont do anything about the actions, expect the reactions to disappear and still manage with a straight face to complain that politicians dont react. I hate the reactions of MNS/SS types, but I feel these are the only reactions that would actually get the current in power politicians to do something. The politicians in power only fear one thing and that is loss of Power
This is a political ploy, just like SP fielding convicted terrorists in elections and tugging to the far left secularists and Congress just talking and not doing anything and hoping people will forget about it in a few months like they usually do.

Everyone says this terror attack was different. One poll conducted recently suggests most Indians dont want anything to do with Pakistan/Pakistani people, no cricket, no entertainment, no goodwill.

I disagree with the folks here, but lets see. In about 2-3 months during election we will figure out whether people actually stand by what they say, hold their noses and vote for MNS OR  forget what they said a few days ago and vote Congress/BJP and keep bitching and moaning about why the politicans wont learn the lessonWink

On a side note
I  too was wondering, why was MNS silent during the terror attacks, why did MNS not flood the streets of Mumbai with their own people, gone on a rampage during the Terror attacksWinkLOL, burning stuff, like SS did in Dec 92, anyway the cops were sitting on their hands, we would have tested the mettle to handle multiple frontsLOL we would have had a Battle Royale in Mumbai itself, Hindus vs Muslims, at the corner of each street duking it out, trains running empty except for dead and wounded like in 92LOL, Would have sent a nice message to the terrorist, La Shole shtyly,  "Kutte Kamino, Tum hamare 200 maroge, Hum khud bhi hamare 2000 marengeLOL"

Would have looked awesome on the High Defnation International coverage during Thanksgiving weekend.

I think we would have crossed the 2000/3000 mark easily this time around given the anger demonstrated in the streets,  nice way of doing population controlWinkLOL.

BTW Khanbhai/Khanbenji, we are all the same race, if you read a little bit of our collective historyLOL, lets not play the racism card hereLOL

To the main topic,
Love Shakeel, would love to see him more, he has excellent timing and delivery style, Mehmood used to have it, Shakeel is better he does it live, dont care much about Kashif though

Edited by chal_phek_mat - 14 January 2009 at 8:02pm

anuradhasharma

Goldie

anuradhasharma

Posted: 15 January 2009 at 1:07am | IP Logged
hahaha...

btw....who takes care of dese MNS and thakery stuff??....

nobody cares wat thakery says.....wat dese ppl say.....dey shud be thrown out of india...cozz dey only create prob in our country........
...........waise bhi kam probs hai humare india mei jo yeh aur badane ki koshish kerte hai...

waise bhi i guess....dese r only publicity stunts..........dey need publicity...but ironcally...nobody cares abut dem wat dey say or wat day do..............

dese ppl r worthless....wen mumbai attack was going on....den where was raj thakery??.... he was saying like "jai maharashtra"...and opposing ppl frm north india....trying to divide india........Angry......
m proud of india mythrs who came forwards to protect us.....dey didnt care dat whether dey r punjabi or karalite ...dey protected us......den why didnt raj thakery came in front...saying dat...go back all commandos....only we maharashtrians will protect ourselves.....Wink...
..............................during dat 60 hrs terror fight not even a single statement came frm dese thakeryes...............Wink.....tab to apne ghar mei chup ker bath gaye.......

dese r sick ppl...just dey want publicity...dey want to be in news forever...to show others dat dey hv power...........but ......alas....i guess even media is not so intrested in dese groups.......i think media shows dem in dere news wen dey hav nothing left for news....("arre koi new newz nahi chalo thakery ki ek newz dal dete hai.....column khali hai.WinkLOL")

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 15 January 2009 at 8:36am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

hindu4lyf

IF-Rockerz

hindu4lyf

Posted: 15 January 2009 at 12:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chal_phek_mat

On a side note
I  too was wondering, why was MNS silent during the terror attacks, why did MNS not flood the streets of Mumbai with their own people, gone on a rampage during the Terror attacksWinkLOL, burning stuff, like SS did in Dec 92, anyway the cops were sitting on their hands, we would have tested the mettle to handle multiple frontsLOL we would have had a Battle Royale in Mumbai itself, Hindus vs Muslims, at the corner of each street duking it out, trains running empty except for dead and wounded like in 92LOLWould have sent a nice message to the terrorist, La Shole shtyly,  "Kutte Kamino, Tum hamare 200 maroge, Hum khud bhi hamare 2000 marengeLOL"

Would have looked awesome on the High Defnation International coverage during Thanksgiving weekend.

Firstly would like to say that i'm all for pakistani artists waghera waghera but if we want to put any pressure at all on pakistani govt. then do doubt this is the 1st step that we have to take. I do condone the manner in which Shakeel was spoken to but I don't munderstand why he would be in Hindustan so suddnely after all that anyway?ConfusedI mean considering Pak Govt. wasn't even prepared to believe that the terrorists came from their country in the first place, anger to a certain extent is valid.
Coming back to this post, I know i'm going off topic and the bold bit was a jokeSmilebut erm my whole famo come from mumbai and my maasi went to Bombay recently, infact about 3/4 days after the blast and we have a lot of contacts in bombay and one of her old college friends works in one of the biggest hospitals in Bombay which I think was 2 minutes drive from the terminal station bombs-something like JJ or JB hospital but anyway, she was there treating patients and all that night and she said that dead bodies were comiing in by the HUNDREDS so how could there only have been about 174 deaths? And this was a stations where lakhs of people come and there were so many bodies from just one place, imagine the rest. She also said that due to the large number of bodies, doctors would just dispose the bodies without even doing a post-mortem and when they were asked to write the number of bodies they would lie when there were atleast a few thousandDead
didn't mean to pinpoint you in anyway but yeah, 2000 people are probably already killed my friendOuch

farri.muslimah

farri.muslimah

Posted: 15 January 2009 at 12:57pm | IP Logged
kary koi bhary koi !! so sad

Infinitedreams

IF-Stunnerz

Infinitedreams

Posted: 15 January 2009 at 5:14pm | IP Logged
Its really sad that one actor beaten like that, but he shouldnt have to go there.
None politician even care about common person, for them just their dirty politics is most important.

Muniza

Post Reply New Post

Go to top