Twilight...Philippine version????

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 15 years ago

Move over Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart; there's a new Edward Cullen and Bella Swan in town!

No, there aren't more cast shake-ups going on with the breakout-hit Twilight series. Rather, the teen vampire novel has been adapted for a television movie to be aired in the Philippines, separate from the box-office smash currently in movie theaters around the globe.

The website Yehey reports that Filipino actors Rayver Cruz and Shaina Magdayao, both 19, will star as Edward and Bella in the locally-televised version, to be broadcast on ABS-CBN.

The network and co-producer Ignite Media purchased the rights to Twilight for more than $1 million, with taping to begin in February.

With that kind of cash to throw around, here's hoping the Filipino adaptation ends up standing on its own against other hits to come out of the country'such as last year's viral prison-yard phenomenon, "Thriller":

Well this just pissed me off, they even copied the poster and the fonts.  well atleast  our version of edward cullen is hotter. i wonder if this will be as big as the original twilight.

Edited by 100%-princess - 15 years ago
This is why exactly I hate my neighbouring country Phillpines😆
They do everything that is out there and make it into their version! They don't even spare Bollywood😡 And they now dare to copy Twilight! UGH!
omg no way
noo really
how can they do that
nooo

thanks for posting
no comment....no words to even describe....