Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

desigrl05

IF-Sizzlerz

desigrl05

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 13 January 2009 at 3:44pm | IP Logged

There are many ways that we can all relate to this story and many ways we're eons from even being related

but here's the ways i think we can

-we're girls in this forum, we all know the will to have fun with friends without being watched down
-we havelimitations and cerfews
-all of our mothers worry endlessly about pointless things lol

heres a way i found it really 'culture shock' per se

coming home at 8pm is late Confused

hey, now i am not sure how this applies in some homes but as for myself , i am 21 , and if i am home by midnight my parents are pretty okay if i am out shopping or hanging out with friends [yes even guys!]

i feel that akshi's parent's either don't trust akshara enuff to let her out or they're super strict and anal about some things...

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Culture Shock" in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Imu.M-

IF-Rockerz

-Imu.M-

Na Ana Is Desh Laado Banner contest winner

Posted: 13 January 2009 at 5:24pm | IP Logged
Hey There is one Boy here lol, Me ..

Anywaii Well you see, Some Parents tends to Live the Life in good manners so no Outsider Points at you, Plus the generation is Now Very much Bad, as we all know

Plus us asians are pretty much scareds of future and what might people say, Well where i live is a Bengali Society, if a girl is seen after Nine, Do not wanna know what happends next morning ..
You know ..
They are strict
asian's are most Strict, Specially India

Imran

Sanayaa

IF-Rockerz

Sanayaa

Posted: 13 January 2009 at 7:34pm | IP Logged
I don't know about midnight but
staying outside till 8-9 pm shuld be allowed Its pretty fine
But one of my frnds parents are so strict
They don't allow her to move outside from the house They are very strice nd
totally agree wid Imran
We r most strict

Edited by Sanayaa - 13 January 2009 at 9:25pm

-SalShah4eva-

IF-Achieverz

-SalShah4eva-

Posted: 13 January 2009 at 8:16pm | IP Logged
Hey this stil happened in today
i sawwwwwwwwww
my mom is like that
jeezzzzzz
indian parents
dudeee
goshhhhhhhhhh
lolz

Riya.pk

Riya.pk

Posted: 13 January 2009 at 10:51pm | IP Logged
But the thing is it depends on where you live too, I live in Canada and these things arn't such a big deal because here, when you walk down the street it's not like you know every person whereas in a place like where Akshara lives everybody knows who she is and who's daughter she is and they're also all the same ethinicity. And we all know that ofcourse indian's parents like to gossip. And once someone says something about Akshara they'll begin to put her down and what not which will make it difficult for her to get married. Judging by the way her parents are it's obvious that her marriage will be arranged.

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 14 January 2009 at 7:09am | IP Logged
I guess it all depends on where you live and where you've been brought up.

8 pm would be considrered late if it's dark outside and your child....especially a girl, hasn't returned home yet. In small towns atleast, I can vouch for this....parents wouln't be comfortable with their children staying out after dark....girls especially for the most part....the boys are allowed free reign.....classic double standards....LOL

Plus in this show, Akshara's family has been shown to be a very conservative family....so it is understandable why this is all a big no-no to them.

Payal25

IF-Dazzler

Payal25

MGAENP Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 14 January 2009 at 7:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by riyapk

But the thing is it depends on where you live too, I live in Canada and these things arn't such a big deal because here, when you walk down the street it's not like you know every person whereas in a place like where Akshara lives everybody knows who she is and who's daughter she is and they're also all the same ethinicity. And we all know that ofcourse indian's parents like to gossip. And once someone says something about Akshara they'll begin to put her down and what not which will make it difficult for her to get married. Judging by the way her parents are it's obvious that her marriage will be arranged.

I agree

PrInCeZz07

IF-Rockerz

PrInCeZz07

Posted: 14 January 2009 at 9:21am | IP Logged
lol hehe
well am 14
but yh i can stay out late i guess with my friends
and yh where you live too does have an impact and i guess the people you hang around with does too
but i guess asian parents are like that
they do worry and do like to see girls in particular  at home in the night lol

Post Reply New Post

Go to top