Debate Mansion

Is Slumdog a Indian Film? (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 24

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 15 January 2009 at 10:44pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Is Slumdog a Indian Film? (Page 6)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 15 January 2009 at 10:52pm | IP Logged

ThE_kHan07

IF-Rockerz

ThE_kHan07

Posted: 15 January 2009 at 11:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by hindu4lyf

Originally posted by ThE_kHan07

Originally posted by Maya_M

There is more to Mumbai than Malabar Hills. Our Chopras and Johars are making enough films on posh areas of Mumbai.

TOTALLY AGREE!!! The chopra, johars and maharani Ekta show that the characters all live in a perfect lavish rich mansions wearing expnesive sarees n make up 24/7 which is TOTALLY B.S.

LIke the very frst thing u notice wen u land in Mumbai is NOT MALABAR HILLS...NOT THE JUHU BEACH...NOR ANY GLAMOUROUS SIGHT but the almighty Dhravai slums which is like all around the airport area and is considered the largest slum area in Asia so yeaaa .... and Slum Dog was shot in those Dharavi areas where the poor lives so obviously its gnna be dirty n stuff....

I agree that Dharavi is infact the largest slums in the whole of Asia but have u been to Dharavi mr khan? Because if you did then you would know Dharavi is nowhere near the airport-where the hell did 5 mins come from? It is a minimum of 50 minutes away-and that is without the evening trafficWinkAnd this is coming from someone who lives less than 5 minutes drive away from Dharavi in BombaySmile

Okayyyyyyy now im lost...Confused so like uuuh lol but wen the plane lands on Chatrapatishivaji rite...like we se a huuuuuuuuuuuuuge area of slum all around the place till the plane finally touches down on the runway... like I would say if ur sitting on ur ritght side u see tht on the left wing u see some but not as much as the rite.... thts Dharavi rite? or is tht another slum area?Confused lol IDK nowOuch or maybe ur talkin about the New Mumbai International airport (don't noe if it really exists...I heard about New Mumbai airoprt frm Mandira Bedi in a commercialLOL) but yea if u Youtube "Landing in Mumbai" ull c a huge slum area there....thts a Mumbai Aiprort I landed on for a stop over Chatrapati Shivaji International Airport

Incase you didn't know the whole of bombay doesn't consist of just dharavir and as per my knowledge there are no slums next door to bombay airport either-unless ofcourse your talking about a different bombayTongueso no, the first thing u notice when u land in mumbai is the hustle and the bustle and the crazy coolies lol.
LOL I know that....isnt the city dived in two parts now Navi Mumbai and the Old Mumbai?Confused but either way i noe its not all bout Dharavi....lol Mumbai is like NYC where both the rich n the homeless liveTongue

just wanna say-i don't deny india has poverty but try visiting andheri once in a while, their houses are freaking bigger than ours!Tongue

U-No-Poo

IF-Sizzlerz

U-No-Poo

Posted: 16 January 2009 at 7:39am | IP Logged
It's a British film.

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 16 January 2009 at 9:26am | IP Logged

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 16 January 2009 at 11:43am | IP Logged

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 16 January 2009 at 12:08pm | IP Logged

hindu4lyf

IF-Rockerz

hindu4lyf

Posted: 16 January 2009 at 4:13pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Maya_M

Life is unfair. People are unfair.

I hope and wish that Karan Johar's Kabhi Khushi Kabhi gham goes for Oscar and wins it. We need to tell all those Americans that most Indians can afford such big mansions and we land on our roof tops in our choppers. Our mother sings every morning with 100s of chorus singers. We go to University in Ferrari. How dare they refuse to accept this real India? Slum? eh....there are some but who cares? That's not part of India.

I'm all up for humour but to be fair no-one is denying the existence of slums-e.g. Dharavi in India and no-one is saying the country is perfect but if we have our share of poverty we also have our share of glory too. Hirandani area, Juhu flats, Andheri, Vile Parle, Colaba(and this is just the parts of Bombay i am familiar with. Im not claiming everyone in india is loaded but not all of them are beggars either. I have absolutely nothing against SDM and appreciated the film a lot too but I mean in general I wish they would show an average middle class Indian who doesn't have helicopters to get them around but neither do they have a slum as a home.
My mum grew up not in any of the fancy areas mentioned above infact just 5 mins drive from Dharavi with just one parent making the money who could more than provide a very good house which was enough for the 4 of them and they did this without having to beg on the streets. India is changing. I just wish someone would see that change-whether it is a Bollywood or Hollywood director.

P.S: I know your post was in humour but I know there was some truth behind it all so no offenceEmbarrassed

Post Reply New Post

Go to top