desigrl05

IF-Sizzlerz

desigrl05

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 11 January 2009 at 11:16am | IP Logged

ok, as we all saw on the promos and the descripton of the show

this is a traditional way of showing how an arranged marriage is worked today

[i know this topic is beaten to death but heres another stab at itLOL]

Personally, I can relate to the main character since I am probably about her age and my parents have started the oh so infamous shaadi hunt

in the promos i've seen that she's at home sweetly bringing him tea, knitting sweaters etc...

how is this different for the city girl type of arranged marriage? Or the way you'd see it for yourself or others?

Personally, I'd throw some coffee beans in the coffee maker, set up breakfast and bounce for work ...I think it'd be nice to see how the modern day girl deals with arranged marriages as well, its a funny comparisonLOL

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "traditional vs modern" in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Imu.M-

IF-Rockerz

-Imu.M-

Na Ana Is Desh Laado Banner contest winner

Posted: 11 January 2009 at 11:19am | IP Logged
Lool ...
Well To be honest i cant make any prediction without watching an single episode ..
so i will comment on this after 2moro..

premsONLYmine

Goldie

premsONLYmine

Posted: 23 May 2009 at 3:55pm | IP Logged
i need to see the show b4 i make predictions

Lamia17

Goldie

Lamia17

Posted: 24 May 2009 at 5:04pm | IP Logged
It wud be interesting to see how a modern girl and modern boy deals with arranged marriages cuz they wud have different opinions and perspectives from tradition girls n guys

I think modern girls wouldn't be the typical housewives and just cook n clean. I think they wud work to help n support their husband and family

Edited by Lamia17 - 24 May 2009 at 5:11pm

-Ami-

IF-Stunnerz

-Ami-

Posted: 24 May 2009 at 5:39pm | IP Logged

Modern day would be definately different than from whats shown in the show. Becuase like the promo's had shown, I don't think the modern day girl would go through knitting a sweater, making tea secially and etc. Modern day would probably just go out shopping to buy a sweater and like you said, make coffee in a coffee maker.

Modern day arranged marriages would most likely be very different from the traditional kinds.

poooohjjjazzzzz

Goldie

poooohjjjazzzzz

Posted: 24 May 2009 at 6:30pm | IP Logged
i just kike to see promos before i predict negitavely or positively......

punjabi_qt26

Goldie

punjabi_qt26

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 24 May 2009 at 8:54pm | IP Logged
^^ Agrreedd

Post Reply New Post

Go to top