Page 1
Page   of 6
Page 3 Page 6

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 11 January 2009 at 11:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by desigrl05

As for Ekta shows, its really unpredictable if the jodi is going to break up/die/reincarnate/get possesed lol... Actually, she does have something going for her or why else is she so successful today? I like some of her shows... but every director/producer is different and we should appreciate the different flavors they bring on screen I understand that and yes, we should appreciate the different flavors different directors bring on screen but I'm yet to see something truly 'different' from Ekta since years now. DIFFERENT would be a Tony and Deeya Singh production who ACTUALLY DO try to make different kinds of shows....anyways, there is no point debating about Ekta shows I guess....they have their own audience. btw, ROFL@ jodi getting possessedLOL...did that really happen in one of her shows??ShockedLOL

But the thing about rajan shahi that I really like is that he highlights the fact of the value of sanskaars and sanskriti that many youths don't have today [not bashing anyone just general saying]

I like how he shows the importance of religion and culture to today is sometimes diluted to unimportance Yes, I agree with this...he highlights the value of culture....and not in a preachy, cloying over the top manner....he shows it in a very simple, identifiable manner....I hope to see more of the same in this show as well.

Edited by nureat01 - 11 January 2009 at 11:21am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "A different concept? (Page 2)" in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sweet_shagun

IF-Veteran Member

sweet_shagun

--

Posted: 11 January 2009 at 2:05pm | IP Logged
Well said Anu...

I agree simplicity which was seen in Bidaai and also is expected here... I think people already have an overdose of the same old nagging sagas so this would be an refreshing change...

We have seen post Arrange Marriage love stories but there was always a complictions coz of which arrangemarriage took place...i think this is a very few of those were they focuss on arrangemarriages n the love story post marriage something which would be interesting to watch....

I think its to early to comment post a week we wud be in a state to atleast comment cing the story but backing Bidaai in Mind am sure it wud be good too...However, Ranjan seems to be a person who believes in showing a good quality product so we can expect that... The show might take time but if its really good it wud be the next success in the kitty of director's Kut (and i really hope it is)!!

A Very Interesting Point !!

Luv,

Shagun

chronic

Goldie

chronic

Posted: 11 January 2009 at 2:29pm | IP Logged
I would be lying if I said I didn't want to see something different from the run of the mill family dramas on Indian TV....but I don't think, with all due respect,  Rajan is the guy to do it....He has his own niche of storytelling that he's good at building...and for him to lauch into a totally different genre and produce something aside from a family show just to satisfy people like me would just not work! He should leave that up to other storytellers/creators.......

However, having said this, I still would like to see something different in YRKKH....It would be interesting if after the lead couple get married they go off to live on their own in some other city and try to settle themselves....the show could focus on the many hardships newlyweds (especially those in an arranged marriage) face when they move into a completely new place far from their families, trying to adapt themselves into a faster, more modern, more stressful lifestyle, while still trying to maintain their original, old school, traditional identity........or something  

Edited by chronic - 11 January 2009 at 2:31pm

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 11 January 2009 at 2:42pm | IP Logged
@Shugs: Thanks yaar! Yes, we have to still wait and see how the show turns out to be but I am expecting good things from Rajan Shahi's team based on his past field of workSmile

@Shumi: LOL...yaar, I think we've both discussed many times in the past how much we'd like to see different kinds of shows being attemptedWinkLOL

And I agree with your point that Rajan Shahi....especially at this point of his career....is not the exact person I can picture attempting an Indian CSI/Law and Order/LostLOLLOL

His niche is showing family relationships in a beautiful endearing manner...and those are my expectations from Yeh Rishta as of now.

As for the rest, I also think that obviously it won't be exactly the same kind of married life as portrayed in Bidaai....they will show the stories with their own distinct flavor I'm sure, while keeping that basic value system that is a part of a Rajan Shahi production intact.

Btw, I don't think they'll go off to live on their ownLOL.....they need the families in the mix to add the masalaWinkLOL.....

Maybe some other show out there will attempt that.....TongueLOL

chronic

Goldie

chronic

Posted: 11 January 2009 at 2:56pm | IP Logged
Awww, Anu.....Why must you shatter my hope of seeing the first married couple on TV living on their own and starting a nuclear family?

Well anyways, I guess it's difficult to say at this point how the show will be, but I agree that there's every reason to expect the same kind of sensitive portrayal of relationships, well rounded characters and simple, yet relateable storylines as with bidaai...

Edited by chronic - 11 January 2009 at 2:57pm

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 11 January 2009 at 2:59pm | IP Logged
LOL Shumi, I know how much you want Saalekh to move out from the Rajvansh house too, haina??? WinkLOL.....yaar, to get to see those kind of nuclear families, we need to watch some other showLOL....in magnum opus family dramas like this, the family is ALWAYS there!LOLLOL.....

btw, LOVE your SD avi! Divyanka looks soooooooo cute!

Edited by nureat01 - 11 January 2009 at 2:59pm

-SalShah4eva-

IF-Achieverz

-SalShah4eva-

Posted: 11 January 2009 at 3:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ibrahim94

I really Don't think you should have brought EKTA in this, we all know her shows are sinking ND setting an Bad Example For Our Society But its okaii

its people Opinion ..
I quite agree with you ... the show seems intresting and Plus Bidaai and Balika Badhu has got another Competitor .

I cant wait for 2moro
I cant wait for tomrow to Imran...
yes BV giving tought competion but its okay both shows are amazing but gues now Ye ristha starting i havw feelings this gona rock like Bidaai didBig smile

About the new concept its nice rajan ji is great
like this ppl can learn something
u know wat i mean

chronic

Goldie

chronic

Posted: 11 January 2009 at 3:04pm | IP Logged
Not just Saalekh, RagVir too....life would be so much easier for both of them if they just move out.........*sigh*.....alas, the format of the show would never allow such a thing to happen....

And thank you...Divyanka sure does look adorable....

Post Reply New Post

Go to top