Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai

A different concept?

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
I was just reading the TB article posted about Yeh Rishta today and some of the comments made me think.....

Do you guys think that the concept of this show is a done to death concept and Rajan Shahi should have tried something different from Bidaai?? It does appear that marriage will be a strong theme in both shows.

My personal views on this:

I think there is a dearth of good family shows on TV.....with the Kektafication of all family dramas, the beauty of simplicity and subtlety has slowly eroded from the television scene....even most non K-family dramas use similar elements as K-shows of swooshing camera angles, crazy over the top scheming villians etc. etc.

What Rajan Shahi brings to the television scene is realistic, well rounded characters, no crazy camera angles and a simplistic style of storytelling that strikes a chord with the viewer.

I've always felt that basically all stories are the same....love, hurt, anger, tears, happiness...these are all basic emotions that we all go through.....when the setting of a family drama is used, it leaves a lot of scope to explore these emotions since family bonding is still a big part of our culture.

I liked this one thing that Rajan Shahi said in his interview that marriage in today's day and age is losing it's sanctity....and all we see in most TV soaps is more of the same....affairs, cross marriages etc. etc....while one does not deny that such things very much happen in society as well, why should there be a focus ONLY on that??

I think it's refreshing that we get to see a focus on the POSITIVE side of things as well without only highlighting all the BAD that exists in society....I don't think EVERY single marriage out there is like a K-marriage where wives skip thru husbands as if they're playing hopscotch ๐Ÿ˜†....

Anyways, bringing this long bhaashan to an end, I personally think that the  USP of this show will be the WAY the situations and relationships are shown.....cuz that is what sets a Rajan Shahi show apart from the others on the tube....baaki I guess we have to wait and watch๐Ÿ˜Š

Your views on this?๐Ÿ˜Š
Edited by nureat01 - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Imu.M- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
I really Don't think you should have brought EKTA in this, we all know her shows are sinking ND setting an Bad Example For Our Society But its okaii

its people Opinion ..
I quite agree with you ... the show seems intresting and Plus Bidaai and Balika Badhu has got another Competitor .

I cant wait for 2moro
AreYaar thumbnail
^^Ummm.....I was using Ekta as an example...it's kind of hard to NOT mention her shows since they are MAJORITY in number on TV.

I was just stating my views on the subject.
-Imu.M- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Hey I am not arguing with you or want to, I mean I know... majority of her shows on Television
i dint wanna be rude with you,

Rajan Shahi is a Excellent Writer and Superb show maker

I am sorry if you found my comment somehow rude
that wasnt my intention ..

I Apologizes
FreeBird03 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
i agree with u anu...i dont see this concept as a backward concept or something.. i mean ok yeah bollywood is making diff movies nowadays but dont we still have rajshri movies? n they have their own fan following.. i love them..arey sab different banayenge to hamare indian culture n family bonding pe movie kaun banayega?๐Ÿ˜• im glad they make such movies...thers space for everyone in the industry!

same goes for TV too... yes diff serials like BV n all are most welcome.. but at the same time... rajan shahi is doing a good job by making such sweet n simple serials abt relationships/our values/tradition...i am glad he makes such shows! ๐Ÿ˜Š looking frwd to this one!
desigrl05 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
As for Ekta shows, its really unpredictable if the jodi is going to break up/die/reincarnate/get possesed lol... Actually, she does have something going for her or why else is she so successful today? I like some of her shows... but every director/producer is different and we should appreciate the different flavors they bring on screen

But the thing about rajan shahi that I really like is that he highlights the fact of the value of sanskaars and sanskriti that many youths don't have today [not bashing anyone just general saying]

I like how he shows the importance of religion and culture to today is sometimes diluted to unimportance
AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: ibrahim94

Hey I am not arguing with you or want to, I mean I know... majority of her shows on Television
i dint wanna be rude with you,

Rajan Shahi is a Excellent Writer and Superb show maker

I am sorry if you found my comment somehow rude
that wasnt my intention ..

I Apologizes

No that's ok! You don't need to apologize๐Ÿ˜Š....I understand your point now๐Ÿ˜Š
AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: ManaliS

i agree with u anu...i dont see this concept as a backward concept or something.. i mean ok yeah bollywood is making diff movies nowadays but dont we still have rajshri movies? n they have their own fan following.. i love them..arey sab different banayenge to hamare indian culture n family bonding pe movie kaun banayega?๐Ÿ˜• im glad they make such movies...thers space for everyone in the industry! So true, Manali! That's what I felt too......while I would no doubt enjoy different shows as well....currently good family dramas are barely being made....and since I'm a fan of Rajshri movies as well, I'm more than happy to see them translated on to the TV screen albeit with the Rajan Shahi treatment๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜†.....He shows the love and bonding b/w families so beautifully! And the characters are so nicely developed too!

same goes for TV too... yes diff serials like BV n all are most welcome.. but at the same time... rajan shahi is doing a good job by making such sweet n simple serials abt relationships/our values/tradition...i am glad he makes such shows! ๐Ÿ˜Š looking frwd to this one! Exactly! BV is a great show too and I hope to see more of those kind made as well....well they are like Uttaran and stuff....but I am just as glad to see more of the Rajan Shahi version of shows being made.....I think we need to be detoxified from years and years of K-show viewing๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜†

AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: desigrl05

As for Ekta shows, its really unpredictable if the jodi is going to break up/die/reincarnate/get possesed lol... Actually, she does have something going for her or why else is she so successful today? I like some of her shows... but every director/producer is different and we should appreciate the different flavors they bring on screen I understand that and yes, we should appreciate the different flavors different directors bring on screen but I'm yet to see something truly 'different' from Ekta since years now. DIFFERENT would be a Tony and Deeya Singh production who ACTUALLY DO try to make different kinds of shows....anyways, there is no point debating about Ekta shows I guess....they have their own audience. btw, ROFL@ jodi getting possessed๐Ÿ˜†...did that really happen in one of her shows??๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜†

But the thing about rajan shahi that I really like is that he highlights the fact of the value of sanskaars and sanskriti that many youths don't have today [not bashing anyone just general saying]

I like how he shows the importance of religion and culture to today is sometimes diluted to unimportance Yes, I agree with this...he highlights the value of culture....and not in a preachy, cloying over the top manner....he shows it in a very simple, identifiable manner....I hope to see more of the same in this show as well.

Edited by nureat01 - 15 years ago
sweet_shagun thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Well said Anu...

I agree simplicity which was seen in Bidaai and also is expected here... I think people already have an overdose of the same old nagging sagas so this would be an refreshing change...

We have seen post Arrange Marriage love stories but there was always a complictions coz of which arrangemarriage took place...i think this is a very few of those were they focuss on arrangemarriages n the love story post marriage something which would be interesting to watch....

I think its to early to comment post a week we wud be in a state to atleast comment cing the story but backing Bidaai in Mind am sure it wud be good too...However, Ranjan seems to be a person who believes in showing a good quality product so we can expect that... The show might take time but if its really good it wud be the next success in the kitty of director's Kut (and i really hope it is)!!

A Very Interesting Point !!

Luv,

Shagun