Debate Mansion

Is money everything???

Naina_Manam thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

This weekend my family prepared an Aftari.  They also invited this man's family who lost everything in his business. When he was going to leave he said thanks to everyone ten times. He said that thanks for inviting him since these days nobody even talks to him.  I felt so sorry for him. Just so sorry.  People who used to always stay by him now left him alone because his bank balance is zero!

So my questions is that is money everything? When somebody has money people call him "My buddy" and when they lose their money those same people turn their backs and pretend that they don't even know him!

Does money decide who should you talk to and who you shouldn't?  Should money be the only thing that we should look at before making friends? They say a friend in need is a friend indeed. So what now? Is money really the only thing to worry about these days??

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

GigiP thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
well i think that money isn't everything sure money can buy alot of things but not happiness. i know what it fells like when ppl all of a sudden turn their back on u when they need u, becuz a couple of yrs ago my parents had money problems and my dad asked for some money from his brother. and he gave to him but then after even though he had alot of money he just like started being so rude to my dad even though he knew that my dad needed more time to give him his money. so i think that money isn't every thing even though now a days ppl say so
ME_T thumbnail
money is definately not everything. what kind of friends did he have if they didn't help him in his hour of need?
shriman thumbnail
Money is not everything... and I think that most people would agree with this perspective.

We have a life and we need things that can be attained with money, like a lavish car or a house, but love and relationships, that are equally important, have no value...
Naina_Manam thumbnail
But does money only evaluates what kinds of friends you should make???

Does bank balances mean everything.......

It is sad but for some people it does!
sowmyaa thumbnail
It is sad, but there are people in our society for whom money is everything. I have personally seen such things as described by naina with some of my relatives. In short, life is not fair and people are mean. But there are also people for whom friendship is very pure and it is not bound with money. I have seen that when you are young school, college in 20s people are far more better and don't look at their friends with expectations and money wise...but i've see as you grow older relashions getting very shallow and people do tend to count status and money and stuff which is very sad and rediculous. But it is bitter truth...so for us, it's better to know who is our real friend and who is our friend only 'coz of our currect status and money.
chikoo thumbnail
Money is not aristrocratic though one cannot deny that it is a prerequisite in our times of need. You need money to live a comfortable life. You need to save money for an emergency.

But love and relationship are constitutive and fundamental. One cannot be happy without it though one needs money to live. So both are important but I would wonder how can a friend/relative can turn their back in your times of need? Though it's not uncommon. 😭

There's one more important fact that not all your friends will do that to you. If 10 people don't help, I'm sure at least one will come forward and do his/her best. So, the gist is that you are not really alone and be careful while making friends. 😃 Edited by chikoo - 18 years ago
Yorkie thumbnail
That's extremely sad... Money is definitely not everything.. it can buy many things..but it can't buy the most important things in life. I wish I could change how society labels people according to their wealth.
Naina_Manam thumbnail
I think that money is probably necessity of life...... part of life but not life!
TiN24 thumbnail
To say "money is everything" is complete rubbish in my opinion. If money were everything to a person, we wouldn't have poor people who need to count every penny they have....literally. If money were everything, we as humans would be completely corrupt. Money doesn't always bring happiness, it brings greed, selfishness and changes a person mentally and emotionally. I don't think money is everything and there's sooooooo much in the world other than money. If there are actually people in the world who belive that money is everything for them.......I feel sorry for them. 😕