Page 1 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 08 January 2009 at 8:09pm | IP Logged

Who's your favorite fictional couple? I have quite a few. Here's the first 5 in order of my liking...

1. Fitzwilliam Darcy and Elizabeth Bennet (I always imagine their characters like Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle Day Dreaming BBC version of P&P. Ahh, the best couple in fictional history...)

2. Anne Shirley and Gilbert Blythe (The sweetest coupleBlushing The second proposal scene between Anne and Gil was just too much.Embarrassed Theirs was the "sweetest" romance in fictional history, and I just loved reading Anne of the Island, where Anne finally realizes her budding love for Gilbert.)

3. Charles Bingley and Jane Bennet (I never saw a more "made for each other" pair in the fictional world.Star Their's was a simple romance without any pomp and misunderstandings like "others'". but with the same kind of love and happiness in the end.)

4. Lily and James Potter (They are a perfect example of "opposites attract", and had you not known that they would eventually get married, you would never know they would get together.Heart But that's what made their romance special; once they got together, they knew all about the other, and loved them for their faults along with accomplishments. A romantic couple altogether...Dancing)

5. Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger (You knew from Book 1 that Ron and Hermy would get together, but it felt happy just the same when you found out they did in the epilogue.PartyI wouldn't have liked it one bit if Hermione or Ron had ended up with anyone else, because they are another example of "made for each other". They balanced each other out.Geek)

Looking forward to your responses!TongueWink

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Favorite Fictional Couple?" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

cityoflights

IF-Veteran Member

cityoflights

Posted: 08 January 2009 at 8:17pm | IP Logged
I like
1.Ron/ Hermione best....
2. Elizabeth/ Darcy
3. Luke Brandon/ Rebecca Bloomwood from Shopoholic series

Thats about it :)

shellytt

shellytt

Posted: 09 January 2009 at 10:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by godisone

Who's your favorite fictional couple? I have quite a few. Here's the first 5 in order of my liking...

1. Fitzwilliam Darcy and Elizabeth Bennet (I always imagine their characters like Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle Day Dreaming BBC version of P&P. Ahh, the best couple in fictional history...) Totally Agree!!!!

2. Anne Shirley and Gilbert Blythe (The sweetest coupleBlushing The second proposal scene between Anne and Gil was just too much.Embarrassed Theirs was the "sweetest" romance in fictional history, and I just loved reading Anne of the Island, where Anne finally realizes her budding love for Gilbert.) I loved them too. I smile everytime I read the end of Anne of Gree Gables when he's walking with her!

3. Charles Bingley and Jane Bennet (I never saw a more "made for each other" pair in the fictional world.Star Their's was a simple romance without any pomp and misunderstandings like "others'". but with the same kind of love and happiness in the end.)

4. Lily and James Potter (They are a perfect example of "opposites attract", and had you not known that they would eventually get married, you would never know they would get together.Heart But that's what made their romance special; once they got together, they knew all about the other, and loved them for their faults along with accomplishments. A romantic couple altogether...Dancing) Again Toally agree! I loved the idea of Lily James

5. Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger (You knew from Book 1 that Ron and Hermy would get together, but it felt happy just the same when you found out they did in the epilogue.PartyI wouldn't have liked it one bit if Hermione or Ron had ended up with anyone else, because they are another example of "made for each other". They balanced each other out.Geek)

Some others for me are :

Roarke and Eve - the In Death Series by JD Robb (pen name for Nora Roberts) -

Tariq and Laila - A thousand splendid suns

Thats all I can think off at the moment!

Edited by shellytt - 09 January 2009 at 10:29am

Lost_Soul141

IF-Rockerz

Lost_Soul141

Posted: 09 January 2009 at 1:50pm | IP Logged
for me def. edward-bella frm twlight!
roarke-eve frm nora roberts in death series

-Navi

IF-Rockerz

-Navi

Posted: 09 January 2009 at 6:42pm | IP Logged
Jane & Mr. Rochester :D.. it's so off and yet perfect.

Jessica Darling and Marcus Flutie.. "..perfect in their imperfections"

Suze Simon and Jesse De Silva.. come on he chose DEATH over life for her.. literally.

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 09 January 2009 at 6:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by shellytt

1. Fitzwilliam Darcy and Elizabeth Bennet (I always imagine their characters like Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle Day Dreaming BBC version of P&P. Ahh, the best couple in fictional history...) Totally Agree!!!!

2. Anne Shirley and Gilbert Blythe (The sweetest coupleBlushing The second proposal scene between Anne and Gil was just too much.Embarrassed Theirs was the "sweetest" romance in fictional history, and I just loved reading Anne of the Island, where Anne finally realizes her budding love for Gilbert.) I loved them too. I smile everytime I read the end of Anne of Gree Gables when he's walking with her!

4. Lily and James Potter (They are a perfect example of "opposites attract", and had you not known that they would eventually get married, you would never know they would get together.Heart But that's what made their romance special; once they got together, they knew all about the other, and loved them for their faults along with accomplishments. A romantic couple altogether...Dancing) Again Toally agree! I loved the idea of Lily James

Some others for me are :

Thanks for your response.Big smile I'm super happy that you're a fan of Darcy/Elizabeth, Anne/Gilbert, and Lily/James!
I just have to read a thousand splendid suns! I've heard it's really good, and I really enjoyed The Kite Runner.Star

shellytt

shellytt

Posted: 10 January 2009 at 6:07am | IP Logged

Some others for me are :

Thanks for your response.Big smile I'm super happy that you're a fan of Darcy/Elizabeth, Anne/Gilbert, and Lily/James!
I just have to read a thousand splendid suns! I've heard it's really good, and I really enjoyed The Kite Runner.Star

And I also agree that the BBC version on P&P is the best out there. I have the dvds and I love to watch them! Colin Firth is Mr. Darcy in every sense!

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 10 January 2009 at 8:44am | IP Logged

Some others for me are :

And I also agree that the BBC version on P&P is the best out there. I have the dvds and I love to watch them! Colin Firth is Mr. Darcy in every sense!

Totally Correct!Big smile I never tire of seeing BBC version of P&P!

I also think the actress who played Mrs. Bennet is perfect. I just loved her!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top