Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 14 years ago

Hina Khan
The actress who shot to fame with the show Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai, has started showing her true colours, throwing tantrums either on the sets or while giving interviews. She should remember that it was the channel and the makers of the serial who gave her a break.

http://www.indya.com/gallery/indyagallery.aspx?aid=880
Eusra thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

"Pari hoon mein"-Hina Khan

November 3rd, 2009 - 7:48 pm ICT by sampurn

Hina Khan aka Akshara of Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai shares her most memorable event of life exclusively with Telly Caf.

How is Hina in real life?

Hina is very shy, reserved and very emotional kind of a person who do not like to share much about her personal life with others. I am exactly opposite to Akshara as she always depends on others to make her personal decisions but when it comes to Hina she does not bother about others but except her father to make any decision regarding her life. But at the end I do not like to speak much about myself.

How is your journey of Yeh Rishta Kya'?

It was cool till now and "Insha allah' it will be great hence forth. I am pleased to be linked up with such veteran co-actors were I am getting to learn more and more things about acting which I did not know before. After all it's just a start of my journey and long way to go. Hope I get all support from my audience to move towards success.

Which is your unforgettable memory of life?

Yes, I have one and i.e. my 12th standard cultural program were I have spent a gala time with my teachers and friends. The thing that made the event special was that I have performed on the stage and that too on a dance which is very much difficult for me to do as I am a very bad dancer, I just can't dance. The song on which I have performed was "Pari Hoon Mein", it was so weird but we all had fun. Another thing that made it so special was the tears in the eyes of teachers which simultaneously brought tears in my eyes too. The moment was very touchy for me and that is the reason why I have remembered it till now.

What are the similarities and difference between Akshara and Hina?

As I said before I am very confident which Akshara is not as she can't take her own decision whereas I can take my decisions without concerning any one. But yes there are some similarities which make us one and that are I am shy, emotional, caring for others like Akshara.

Tell something about your likes and dislikes?

Hmm, I like to sleep a lot and like to lie down on my bed but the sad thing is that I don't get time to sleep as I am always busy working with tight schedule of Yeh Rishta'but whenever I get time I make a note that I rest in my green room. Another thing which I like is shopping but again same reason for not getting to shop and that is only thing which I don't like.

Do you think that now after Yeh Rishta.. You are settled in your career?

No, not at all I have many plans and goals to reach. It is just the beginning of my career. I have to learn a lot many things in my life. Along with that I have to do many projects but till then I have to concentrate on Yeh Rishta.

Any plans to marry?

No, not still as I am too young to marry and still have never thought about the issue. So as of now its a big no but will definitely let you all know when I plan to get married.

-Tejashree Bhopatkar / Sampurn Media

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/entertainment/pari-hoon-mein-hina-khan_100269461.html

Edited by Eusra - 14 years ago
niveditha thumbnail

Tell us something about Hina ?
"Hina is very shy, reserved and a very emotional kind of a person who does not like to share much about her personal life with others. I am exactly opposite to Akshara as she always depends on others to make her personal decisions.

There are some similarities which make us one and that are, I am shy, emotional, caring for others like Akshara. However, when it comes to Hina she does not bother about others but she respects her father's decision.Main bahut mooh fatt hoon."

How has your journey in Yeh Rishta Kya…been?
"Masha Allah its good and I am thankful that my first serial is being appreciated by all and its Star's number one show. I am pleased to be associated with such veteran co-actors were I am getting to learn more and more things about acting. After all, it is just the start of my journey and I have a long way to go. Hope I get all support from my audience to move towards success in the future also."

How is your rapport with your Yeh Rishta Co-actors?
"It's wonderful, but I am very close to my on-screen mom and dad as compared to other actors."

In these months, have you visited your hometown - Srinagar?
"No I am not getting time from my busy schedule, but I am fine as my parents have come to Mumbai to stay with me, but  I still miss my Srinagar home, but as you know work comes first and I am enjoying my work."

Ok, so any plans to get  married?
No, not yet, as I am too young to marry and still have not thought about the issue.

When free, where do you go shopping?
"I like to shop sometime near Linking road, Bandra and sometimes at Inorbit Mall, Malad.

Which recent movie have you seen?
"In Diwali I had watched Blue, which was ok and after that I had no time only to watch any other movie."

In Bollywood, who are your favorite actor and actress?
"I am not an ardent fan of Shahrukh Khan or Salman Khan, but my all time favorite stars are Amitabh Bachchan and Kajol.

What message you would like to give to Indya fans?
"I am happy that my role is loved so much and so I just want to tell everyone please do watch my show and love Akshara and also Hina because its very difficult to get a perfect shot."

http://www.indya.com/gallery/indyagallery.aspx?p=Hina-Khan-in-a-heart-to-heart&aid=1071

niveditha thumbnail
LATAA & SANJEEV'S GLORIOUS HONEYMOON!
[23 Nov 2009]

"EVERY YEAR, WE WILL HAVE AT LEAST TWO HONEYMOONS; ONE WITH FAMILY, ONE WITHOUT THEM!"

Lataa Saberwal and Sanjeev Seth had a clandestine wedding ceremony this year in January. But they have been so busy shooting for their soap Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hain that the couple didn't even get time to go on their honeymoon. After almost 10 months, they finally managed to do so and they can't stop gushing about their experiences.

We spoke to an excited Lataa who said, "Sanjeev and I got married in January, but we took our honeymoon trip just three weeks back! Actually, we went on a short holiday immediately after our marriage to Goa. But that was very small, and the one this time was our 'longer' honeymoon. Since both of us are extremely fond of travelling, we had decided almost four months back to take this trip. We took leaves at that time itself from our production houses. We had to tell them way in advance, as in a daily, taking ten days off from work is a long time."

The couple wanted to explore different places. "I had never been to Kashmir and Leh Ladakh. These were some of the places we really wanted to visit. Basically, we wanted to go to some place, which was adventurous. Many a times, with family we cannot go to places like these. So the two of us had decided to try and cover all the adventurous places together."

She continues excitedly, "First we went to Kashmir, where we saw places like Gulmarg amongst many others. We were staying in a houseboat there and it was a lovely experience. They say Kashmir is like jannat; it really is heaven! We saw all the Mughal Gardens there and even visited the Pari Mahal.

We saw each and every place there. In fact, we went up a mountain, a place called Baisaran in Pahalgam, where there is no road and there are only rocky hills! I was screaming throughout the way as we rode on horses. When we reached the top of the mountain, there was this place called Mini Switzerland. It was really good. But the way to the top was very scary."

While they stayed in Kashmir for three days, the next three-four days they were in Leh Ladakh. "I must mention; it is a completely different world. It is a very rocky place but it is also very spiritual, because of the Buddhist culture. We saw some very interesting places there. We went to the highest motorable road in the world. It is above 18,000 feet. It is called the Khardungla Pass.

Then we went to this magnetic road. There is this hill called the Magnetic Hill in front of it and you just have to park your car there. You don't have to start the ignition but the hill will pull your car automatically and you have to just sit in it. I was clapping, as I couldn't believe that the car was moving on its own! And then we saw the Pangong Lake, which is very famous as 25 per cent of it is in India and the rest is in China. It has dark blue water which I have never seen before, not even in any swimming pool. We just couldn't believe it. We also visited a lot of Buddhist monasteries and saw how the monks live and pray there. Finally, our last stop was Delhi, where we had just a two-day stay."

Many people have this notion, that Kashmir is an unsafe place, due to the terror attacks. When asked if these thoughts ever crossed their mind, Lataa says, "Sanjeev and I believe in a different kind of thinking. If anything bad has to happen, it can happen anywhere, even at home. For example, who could have thought that the attacks could have happened at the Taj hotel in Mumbai?

That way, there is no safe place. We went for our honeymoon with a positive mind. In fact, the locals there treat the tourists so well and they were requesting us to tell people here that there is nothing to worry or fear about in Kashmir. Which is a fact, because we were in Kashmir during Eid and people were celebrating the festival like they would in any other place. They wanted us to spread the word."

If you are wondering why the couple chose to honeymoon at destinations in India, while mostly the norm is to explore some place outside the country, Lataa justifies their choice saying, "We want to explore India first; there is much to see in our country. Leh Ladakh itself is such a different place. We will definitely be going abroad, but with our family. Pehle apna pura India toh dekhle! We are very lucky to have seen these places. Even now I keep going through the pictures."

Before signing off, Lataa reveals naughtily, "Every year, we will have at least two honeymoons; one with family, one without them!"

*By Purvaja Sawant

http://www.magnamags.com/index.php/200911235269/showtime/features/lataa-sanjeev%92s-glorious-honeymoon.html
niveditha thumbnail
Hina Khan may have been the toast of the telly world during the last year with Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai.
Hina Khan More Pics

TwitterFacebookShare

EmailSave

But now this discovery of telly land is losing her sheen. Why? Well, that's because the new bahu on the small screen seems to have her limitations when it comes to emoting.

The actress can't get past the I-am-so-nervous look that she has been sporting right from the beginning of the show. And for how long can people stand the nervous, blushing-bride act!

Hina will either have to try her hand at other roles or hope for some major twist in the serial that will give her a chance to break out of the sweet shy girl mould. But as of now, Hina's style is in a monotonous mode and rather boring, we must say!

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv-/Change-that-expression-Hina/articleshow/5326651.cms
niveditha thumbnail
A popular joke making the rounds of the sets of Bidaai and Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai is that Karan Mehra and Sara Khan, the former the lead of Yeh Rishta and the latter the lead of Bidaai, have opened an acting school in partnership with their love interests, Ali Merchant and Nisha Rawal. Everyone seems to be laughing at the fact that Mehra and Khan, who can't deliver one line correctly and can't emote appropriately, has opened a school to teach youngsters how to act. No actor on the set seems to take the school seriously. Ha ha!

Source:- Hindustan Times
Edited by niveditha - 14 years ago
niveditha thumbnail
KARAN MEHRA
[22 Feb 2010]

"A LOT OF GAY GUYS FIND ME CUTE"

In spite of being one of the most popular faces of Indian television, and having being blessed with a huge fan following, especially female, Karan Mehra is humble and prudish to the T! Just like his sober character Naitik in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai, he is dutiful and you won't be surprised to know that the guy is hopelessly in love with his real-life girlfriend Nisha Rawal, whom he proposed to recently. He can't resist mentioning her in almost every question of this month's Hard Talk. Showtime caught up the busy and reticent Karan to know his views on everything under the sun; right from love to Nisha to the most taboo issues!

Tell us about your first attraction.

My first attraction in life towards the opposite sex was in kindergarten, for my class teacher. I would never let her go anywhere alone, not even to the toilet, as I used to really like her. Also, I used to throw my breakfast in the dustbin, go to her and tell her that my mom doesn't give me breakfast, so that I could eat with her from her box! It was very unnatural and not correct, but I was naughty back then. Of course, I got a scolding after that, when she complained to my mother and mother told her that she gave me breakfast everyday.  

What was your first date like? How far would you go on a first date?

My first date with my girlfriend Nisha Rawal was very special. We used to always go out, though it was not formal back then that we were actually seeing each other. We regularly went out together, had dinners, even when we were just friends. One of the first few dates would be about three years ago, when we had just returned from the United States, and we went for a romantic and quiet dinner to a restaurant. My first official date was with Nisha and my life is also going to end with her. And I wouldn't go too far on a first date. I never have and won't, as I don't have any expectations on the first date. I go slow and steady, as I don't like to rush things.

What would you wear on a hot date?

I would wear something very casual, nothing special. Say jeans, t-shirt and a casual jacket. No hot colours or superman underwear for me. I think we need to control our hotness quotient and experiments. Too much exposing is not good!

Would you call yourself a flirt?

Absolutely not! Even way back in college, I used to get these complaints, as there were 300 girls in my college and only 15 guys, since I was into fashion designing. I was a topper and so I had a lot of girls coming up to me who would ask me to help them in doing things. But they all used to complain that I didn't even look at them. I have always been very focused, whether it has been studies or work. So that gives you a very clear picture about how much of a flirt I am.  

What is your take on one-night stands?

It doesn't work for me. It has become a casual thing to have one-night stands. The way Nisha and I have been brought up; we don't believe in such concepts and are against it. We are really lucky to find each other. We are good souls and human beings. Nisha is more than what I could have ever expected and I am happy. I can't say much about people who do these things. It's not a world where I can teach people what to do. I guess they don't have good soulmates around or are lacking something in their lives. If you can find God, then you can really find a good partner. I believe there is someone for everyone.

Have you ever been attracted to someone of the same sex?

(Looks scandalized) Is this a question? Well, I am very normal. I have no feelings towards guys. I am very much in love with Nisha.

Has a guy ever hit on you?

I will be very frank. Of course guys have hit on me, since I have been a part of the fashion industry. I have met many guys, and though they have not directly hit on me, I knew that they liked cute guys. And I already have the tag of the 'cute guy' in the industry! But I have been quite safe. God has been kind and kept me away from such people.  

What is your take on homosexuality and bisexuality?

I think you want to get me into some controversy. There used to be a time and even today, people are opposed to this thought. The government has started making this legal. We should let human beings be the way they are and let them express themselves. All the best to them.

What turns you on in a woman?

Her eyes and her beauty. Actually, it's the combination of her beauty, intelligence and sense of humour. That really works for me. I think you should just meet Nisha, you will understand. She is a bundle of energy, which I can't really describe.

How would you react, if a girl made a pass at you?

At this point, after having Nisha in my life, I don't even look at any other girl. Even if they make a pass, I rarely take it. I just ignore the world. I think I am a lucky guy to have her in my life.

What are your views on pre-marital sex?

As you know, today's generation gets involved in a lot of things and are not concerned about what kind of background they have come from, or the traditions and values that we as Indian people have been imbibed with. Today, people are practical and try to see how compatible they are with their partners, not just mentally, but also physically. If you see it from their perspective, they could be right. But I, as an individual, am not too inclined towards pre-marital sex. According to me, it's a holy, pure and personal thing, so you should really hold on to your horses and do it later.   

Do you think men always have sex on their minds?

Oh yes, I think men have sex on their mind, at least 99 per cent of the time. There is this one per cent who doesn't. I also belong a little here and there. It is human nature. Of course, I am not just gaga over it. I am quite in control.

How much importance would you give to sex in a relationship?

It would be 10 on 10, as sex is very important in a relationship. It is very essential, not only to be physically connected but also to be mentally and spiritually connected. There are a lot of facets to a relationship, so you should try to keep it alive in all the spheres.

Do you see yourself in a purely physical relationship?

Not at all. It's been three years with Nisha and it's not been only physical. It's about being with each other and not about being physical all the time. Otherwise there won't be any difference between us and animals. We would just be animals in human form.

Do you think nice guys have a tough time getting the right girl?

It is true. They say matches are made in heaven but they happen once in a blue moon. I think if you are good at heart and a good human being, good things will happen to you. It might take time and it will take a toll on you. That's what I have seen. I have never had a girlfriend. But I finally met Nisha, when I was 25. She is my first girlfriend, at this age. Prior to her, people would always tell me that I was a nut to be single. But I would tell them, I wasn't getting the right kind of girl. I still remember the first time I saw Nisha in Chanda Ki Doli… I had told God I wanted a girl like that. I didn't know that one fine day he would give her in my hands. It's been a long wait for me. But it's been worth it.

Why do men love bitches?

I don't like bitchy women. I don't like backbiting and bitchiness happening around me. Maybe, it suits their tastes. I have no clue though.

Have you experienced the casting couch?

No, I haven't experienced the casting couch. Not yet. God has been kind. A lot of gay guys find me cute but I haven't gotten into wrong hands. I was working behind the camera for three years and then went into advertisements, which is a clean line. I didn't want to get into films, because of all this. That's why even Nisha is not into it. Television is a nice medium. It's nice to find a guy like Rajan Shahi, who has been really kind. He showed me the way and now there is no looking back.

Showbiz entities are assumed to be loose. How would you react to such assumptions?

Of course, there are a lot of assumptions and notions. We are the immediate people viewers can see and make comments on. It's very easy to do that. As an individual and an actor, I have a lot of responsibility on my shoulders. I have to set an example also, to youngsters and old people, who can look up to me and say, this is the right kind of guy. A lot of my fans and even those who randomly meet me, when they speak to me for a minute, they are very pleased as they come to know what kind of a guy I am, as it comes across. Being humble and nice, without throwing tantrums, plays a very important role. People look up to you. If you show attitude, you will have a future that will shut down too soon.

Would you take back your partner who has strayed in a relationship if she regretted it later?

I don't even have to think about that. Nisha and I are way beyond all this. We trust each other. These things will not happen.

What is your opinion on open marriages/open relationships?

A lot of people are comfortable doing that. Obviously, there is something missing in their lives. Everyone should try to keep their relationship alive, so that these things do not happen. If there are problems, just try to work on it instead of breaking another house.

Tell us about your wildest fantasy
(Laughs) There is no wildest fantasy. I have been working so hard, I don't even get any dreams as such! (As an afterthought) Too famous to be printed! I can't answer this question.  

*COURTESY: Showtime

-- k k rai

http://www.magnamags.com/index.php/201002225758/showtime/features/karan-mehra.html
niveditha thumbnail
Ali Merchant joins Sara Khan in Sony's Aahat..

The real life pair of Ali Merchant and Sara Khan will for the first time be seen sharing screen ...

niveditha thumbnail

The most celebrated daily soap on small screen 'Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai' (Star Plus) is unlike those dailies which keep the actors always tied up with the shoots and make them go ill. But the unit manages the team so well that every one has been relived from their work and gives time to enjoy their social life.

"After the settlement of misunderstandings between Naitik (Karan Mehra) and Akshara (Hina Khan), the track is now concentrating on the affairs of the other family members at Naitik's place. So, keeping this in mind the production has granted for leave to all the maika members. This is the perfect time to enjoy their holidays and do justice to their social life." informs a source.

We called one of the anonymous maika character who very playfully told us, "Yes, the production has given all the Akshara's maika folks holidays as now the track is all about Naitik's place. We have shot our scenes beforehand and helped the production people build a bank. So, with us not needed on a daily basis for the shoots, we are off on a well deserved break! "

Thus, we called Naitik to know about his side and even he gave us a surprise as he was enjoying his holiday by having lunch at a plush restaurant. "Now-a-days, we don't have much to shoot as the track is all about the other family members, so I am on leave."

You deserve it guys, have a fun time! It could be a long while before the opportunity comes again!

-Tejashree Bhopatkar / TellyCafe.com

http://tellycafe.sampurn.com/index.php?action=pg_view&id=2718&parentid=0

niveditha thumbnail

Hina Khan aka Akshara of Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai shares her most memorable event of life exclusivel

y with Telly Caf.

How is Hina in real life?

Hina is very shy, reserved and very emotional kind of a person who do not like to share much about her personal life with others. I am exactly opposite to Akshara as she always depends on others to make her personal decisions but when it comes to Hina she does not bother about others but except her father to make any decision regarding her life. But at the end I do not like to speak much about myself.

How is your journey of Yeh Rishta Kya…?

It was cool till now and 'Insha allah' it will be great hence forth. I'm pleased to be linked up with such veteran co-actors were I am getting to learn more and more things about acting which I did not know before. After all it's just a start of my journey and long way to go. Hope I get all support from my audience to move towards success.

Which is your unforgettable memory of life?

Yes, I have one and i.e. my 12th standard cultural program were I have spent a gala time with my teachers and friends. The thing that made the event special was that I have performed on the stage and that too on a dance which is very much difficult for me to do as I am a very bad dancer, I just can't dance. The song on which I have performed was "Pari Hoon Mein", it was so weird but we all had fun. Another thing that made it so special was the tears in the eyes of teachers which simultaneously brought tears in my eyes too. The moment was very touchy for me and that is the reason why I have remembered it till now.

What are the similarities and difference between Akshara and Hina?

As I said before I am very confident which Akshara is not as she can't take her own decision whereas I can take my decisions without concerning any one. But yes there are some similarities which make us one and that are I am shy, emotional, caring for others like Akshara.

Tell something about your likes and dislikes?

Hmm, I like to sleep a lot and like to lie down on my bed but the sad thing is that I don't get time to sleep as I am always busy working with tight schedule of Yeh Rishta…but whenever I get time I make a note that I rest in my green room. Another thing which I like is shopping but again same reason for not getting to shop and that is only thing which I don't like.

Do you think that now after Yeh Rishta.. You are settled in your career?

No, not at all I have many plans and goals to reach. It is just the beginning of my career. I have to learn a lot many things in my life. Along with that I have to do many projects but till then I have to concentrate on Yeh Rishta.

Any plans to marry?

No, not still as I am too young to marry and still have never thought about the issue. So as of now its a big no but will definitely let you all know when I plan to get married.

-Tejashree Bhopatkar /
TellyCafe.com

http://tellycafe.com/television-star-interviews/117-pari-hoon-mein-hina-khan.html