Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai

YRKKH Articles Archive-No Comments (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 16

Page 1
Page   of 16
Page 3 Page 16

*Shruti*

Global Moderator

*Shruti*

Posted: 16 February 2009 at 4:49am | IP Logged
Ali Merchant does a Shahjehan!

It's been nearly a year of togetherness for Ali Merchant and Sara Khan and the deeply-in-love couple are constantly surprising each other with gifts- Ali last bought Sara a Pug. This time, he has gone all out. He is set to launch a building firm on their name.

Ali confirms the news, saying, "Yes, I'll be launching a new building firm called 'Al-Sara' in Neral, which is in Matheran. My dad's in the construction business and that's how I thought of doing something like this."

The actor wants to branch out from just doing television and that is how he decided on this business venture. He explains, "After doing three shows, I got bored and I wanted to do something different and refreshing. My dad too wasn't well and I wanted to take a break from television. So, I started with this."

Merchant says that he has shown that land to his girlfriend Sara and she is too excited about the project. He tells us, "When I told Sara about this, she was very excited… she started screaming and jumping all around. She was more excited and elated when she saw the place. She loved it."

But how will he manage working on Al-Sara with the pressure and long hours that come with shooting for a daily? Ali says, "I'll manage it anyhow. I'll try to concentrate on both."

More about his construction plans, he says, "We own a lot of land in that area and I have to make a trip there soon. I've decided to build some residential buildings there where they'll be named as Alsara 1, Alsara 2 and so on…"

Asked about his dream house, Ali says, "It'll be a huge house with large windows and a very big balcony. I'll sit with Sara for unlimited time in the balcony and right in front of us will be the sea. I should be able to just open the door and walk out directly to the sea."

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/February/News_20090214_84

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "YRKKH Articles Archive-No Comments (Page 2)" in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

niveditha

IF-Sizzlerz

niveditha

Posted: 23 March 2009 at 7:10am | IP Logged

Will Akshara continue studies after marriage?

Let's hear what the elder most couple of the Singhania family have to say about this in Star Plus' Yeh Rishta...

Payal25

IF-Dazzler

Payal25

MGAENP Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 23 March 2009 at 3:17pm | IP Logged
Television's most romantic jodis

With love stories that defy all odds, and sometimes all reason, it's no wonder TV's sugary couples have become household names who get the audiences hooked on their serials.

SO we take a look at the most romantic onscreen couples who share some amazing chemistry.
Amar and Divya (Banoo Main Teri Dulhan): Amar (Sharad Malhotra) and Divya (Divyanka Tripathi) of Banoo Main Teri Dulhan (Zee TV) have garnered loads of love and appreciation from their fans for their off-screen as well as onscreen chemistry. They both look good together that now the fans are waiting to see them together in real life too.

Ranbir and Ragini (Bidaai): The viewers had to wait very long to see these two (Ranbir played by Kinshuk and Ragini played by Parul) together in Bidaai (Star Plus) and finally it has happened. These two are perhaps one of the most loved jodis on the small screen these days.

Armaan and Ridhima (Dil Mil Gaye): Dr. Armaan aka Karan Singh Grover and Sukirti Khandpal, who plays Ridhima of Dil Mil Gaye (Star One), look very cute together. Their fans are so fond of them that they want to see them together on other shows as well.

Heer and Prem (Kis Des): Heer, played by Additi Gupta, and Prem, played by Harshad Chopra, in Kis Des Mein Hai Mera Dil (Star Plus) have garnered loads of love from their fans. This onscreen couple shares a good relationship off screen as well- though they are just great friends.

Yudhister and Rani (Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat): Kapil and Anjali are very well known because of the chemistry they share off their Star Plus show as well. The couple participated in Nach Baliye 4 and was even among the top 4. Viewers are desperately waiting for them to tie the knot.

Arjun and Arohi (Kitani Mohabbat Hai): In a very short span of time, Arjun (Karan Kundra) and Arohi (Krutika Kamra) of Kitani Mohabbat Hai (NDTV Imagine) have gained so much popularity that they are being called the next Rajeev-Aamna on television. Their 'khatti mithi takraar' works perfectly for them.

Ram and Sita (Ramayan): Gurmeet Chaudhary, popularly known as Ram, and Debina Bonnerjee, Sita of NDTV Imagine's Ramayan, look made for each other. They are a couple in real life too and perhaps that chemistry is reflected onscreen.

Akshara and Naitik (Ye Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai): Akshara, played by Hina Khan, and Naitik, played by Karan Mehra, of Ye Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai (Star Plus) look very cute together. The shyness and freshness of their relationship has been getting good responses so far and viewers are eager to see how their relationship progresses.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/March/News_20090323_113

• Vandana Shukla/ Hill Road Media
  • Monday, March 23, 2009
  • niveditha

IF-Sizzlerz

niveditha

Posted: 24 March 2009 at 1:09am | IP Logged
    In Pics: Celebrations on the set of Yeh Rishta...

Within two years of its launch, Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai (Star Plus, Mon-Fri at 9.30pm) has become the most popular show currently on television.

THE show's top position was announced last week when the entry of the Naitik (Karan Mehra) garnered it the highest amount of TRPs. A modest Karan says that it was the team's effort, rather than just his entry, that sent the TRPs soaring.
    The secret to the success of Yeh Rishta… is attributed to its simple story and lack of negativity on the show. The serial recently completed 50 episodes and a grand celebration was held for the entire star cast.

Presently, its plot revolves around Akshara (Hina Khan) and the preparations for her wedding. Next week, the show will introduce Naitik's family. His and Akshara's engagement will also take place soon.

It will be interesting to see what the future episodes of the show have in store for viewers as they try to maintain their top position. No doubt the entire cast and crew will be working extra with this added responsibility.

The ladies behind the success: Akshara with her onscreen chachi and dadi

Meet the family: Akshara with her family

The team of Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai

Delightful couple: Naitik and Akshara

Photographs: Azhar Khan/ Hill Road Media

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/March/News_20090324_117

niveditha

IF-Sizzlerz

niveditha

Posted: 31 March 2009 at 1:18am | IP Logged
    Gossip from Bidaai, Yeh Rishta success party

Production house Director's Cut hosted a major celebration to commemorate the success of their prime time shows Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai and Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai (on star Plus at 9pm and 9.30 respectively), both of which are enjoying TRPs of over 7. The cast and crew of both the shows were present at the event.

Parul Chauhan and Kisnhuk were the last team members to arrive. And even though Parul's right ankle was bandaged, she did not miss the opportunity to burn the dance floor with her co-star Sara Khan, Sara's beau Ali Merchant and Navin Saini.
    Jasvir Kaur, who came along with her hubby, was talking to everyone in a husky voice. When asked about the problem with her voice, she revealed that she was down with the flu. Despite this, she looked quite fresh in white Capri and a purple tee.

After giving interviews with co-star Hina Khan, Karan Mehra rushed towards the entrance. Karan, who plays the lead in Yeh Rishta…, was then chilling with his on screen co–stars and chatting politely with everyone. But as soon as he learned that his friend Nisha Rawal (model-turned-actress of Hastey Hastey fame) made an appearance, he introduced her to everyone at the party.

Kshiti Jog, Yatin Kareykar, Suchitra Bandekar, Romit Raj, and Amit Dolwat from Ghar Ki Laxmi Betiyaan were also there.

However certain members like Vibha Chibbber, Avinash Wadhwa, Preeti Puri, Amardeep Jha could not make it to the bash. Nevertheless, several of producer Rajan Shahi's (producer) friends, not to mention his family, were at the event.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/March/News_20090331_148

• Sonali Joshi, Hill Road Media
  • Tuesday, March 31, 2009

• niveditha

IF-Sizzlerz

niveditha

Posted: 13 April 2009 at 10:19pm | IP Logged

niveditha

IF-Sizzlerz

niveditha

Posted: 01 May 2009 at 6:50am | IP Logged
    Nidhi Uttam enters Yeh Rishta…

Nidhi Uttam is playing the character of Nadini, Naitik's sister who is handicapped, on Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai. And though her costars tease her for having it easy because she is not required to move around much on the show, Nidhi says that playing the role has made her have even more respect for people with physical disabilities.

TALKING about how she bagged the role, Nidhi says, "The audition I gave was one of the toughest I've ever had; the lines, as well as the body language, was difficult. I even told the person who took my audition that it was hard but he said that I did a good job. I too was confident that I would be selected. And sure enough, they called ma two days later for the part."
    The character of Nadini was affected by polio at the age of 3. Nidhi says, "Since she was 3, Nadini has been undergoing treatment. She is shown improving. Initially, she could not even stand. Right now she is on crutches and in future episodes there is hope of even more improvement."

"Nadini is very attached to her brother Naitik and her family has hidden the fact that he is getting married. This is because they don't want Nadini to feel bad as she too dreams of getting married. Even so, she is a very strong character who does not want any sympathy," adds the actress.

Nidhi says that she has learnt a lot from her character. She says, "Being a sportsperson, it was very though for me to act handicapped. It was also painful to walk around with crutches and I got very depressed because I understood how people suffer with them."

But her hard work has paid off, she says, "I have been getting good responses from my friends and family. Though, my costars often tease me saying that I can sit in one place and shoot. But it is not easy at all."

The actress is now comfortable with the Yeh Rishta… team as she has made a few friends. She says, "I've made friends with Karan, Hina and the girl who plays choti chachi. They welcomed me on the sets. My role is not a cameo and soon there will be a love story added to my track."

She also agrees with the show's message, saying, "I have watched the show and I do believe in the concept of love after marriage. My own parents are liberal and they would never force me to do anything but I think that parents always choose what's best for us."

Nidhi has appeared in many shows such as Kasauti Zindagi Kii, Kasturi, Karam Apna Apna, and Maayka. She has also participated in the reality show Champion Chalbaaz No.1.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/May/News_20090501_6

niveditha

IF-Sizzlerz

niveditha

Posted: 29 May 2009 at 5:17am | IP Logged

Ali Merchant back in Yeh Rishta..

Rituraj aka Ali Merchant who was the first love of Akshara is back in Star Plus' Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai..

Post Reply New Post

Go to top