Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

v.flora thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Viral attack on Ali Merchant

Mausam behaal hai as most of us are attacked by viral fever in the city. One of our telestars, Ali Merchant is in lot of pain and high fever due to the same. The actor is on a complete bed rest since two days.

So we thought of contacting him and asked about his health. "I am caught up with a very bad viral fever and had been on complete bed rest. I had been keeping unwell since Sunday," he stated.

Ali was busy performing on stage on Sunday for a famous general entertainment channel when he felt uneasy. "I was shooting for an occasion when I felt uneasy while dancing. There was a particular step where I had to move round and round during which I felt very uncomfortable and had to rush to doctor for my medical tests," he adds.

"Doctors did the test and finally came to a conclusion that I am suffering from a major viral and thus advised me a complete bed rest for 4 to 5 days. So for now there is no shooting for me," he concludes

Well not to worry his girlfriend is taking good care of him. All we could wish is get well soon!!!

source: http://www.realbollywood.com/news/2009/08/ali-merchant-fever.html 

v.flora thumbnail

Akshara-Naitik shares same interest

One of the most loveable on screen duo, Akshara (Hina Khan) and Naitik (Karan Mehra) of Yeh Rishta Kya Kehelata Hain shares a good tuning not only in reel but real life too. A "reality" check says the whole story.

Don't be so shocked! We are just talking about their choices for participating in reality shows. "My favourite reality shows are Nach Baliye and Iss Jungle Se Mujhe Bachao but when it comes for participation I'll definitely go with Dus Ka Dus, because I want to meet Salman Khan," said Karan Mehra.

Where as Akshara has a different choice regarding reality shows that she likes to watch but there is one similarity where the duo comes on the one platform. "According to me the best reality show I liked to see is Big Boss and Dus Ka Dum, but if some one would ask me to participate some reality show I would definitely go with Dus Ka Dum because that is the place where people get to know their stars beyond their on screen character and I would love to meet Salman Khan as well," Hina Khan (Akhsara) revealed.

So have you seen the amazing similarity between on screen husband-wife? These comments by Akhara-Naitik have left us in suspicion of Yeh Rishta Kya kehelata Hain? Isn't it

source: http://www.bollywoodgate.com/indian-television/akshara-naitik-shares-same-interest.html
niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Karan Mehra turns 27

Karan Mehra, who plays Naitik in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai, has a surprise announcement for his fans on his birthday, September 10.

The actor is taking two days holiday from his busy schedule to spend his birthday with his family, the first time in five years. He says, "I never celebrated my birthday in a huge way, and have been away from my family all these years. This year, I decided to take two days off leave and celebrate with my parents in Delhi. I will fly back to Mumbai on my birthday and I have a big surprise for everyone. I have invited everyone and will make an announcement." He adds, "After making the announcement, I will celebrate it with a few of my co-stars and unit members. It is not going to be a grand party or anything like that."

Karan says his birthdays are always low-key. "When I was in Delhi I would go out for dinners with my friends; I always kept myself occupied on this day. On my 21st birthday, I shot for my first music video with T-Series so it was memorable." He adds that he's not too bothered about gifts and treasures good wishes and love more.

The actor says that he has all the characteristics typical of a Virgo: "I am hardworking; I am very quiet and get upset easily. I am kind of a perfectionist and am very finicky about cleanliness." Karan is also religious. "I recently found a tomato in the shape of a Ganpati at my place, so I think it was a blessing for me in advance. I have a small temple at my home. I believe that it's not necessary to visit temples all the time, you should just do the right thing."

We wish Karan a happy birthday and can't wait for the big announcement.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/September/News_20090910_45
v.flora thumbnail
Karan Mehra admits his love

Karan Mehra, who we know as Naitik in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata, celebrated his birthday today, and admitted to print journalists that he is no longer single and is in love with model-turned-actor Nisha Rawal.

Karan Mehra was quoted as saying, 'Yes, it's Nisha. We met on the sets of her film Hastey Hastey in New York, where I was her stylist. We got along well during the shoot and stayed in touch after we came back. We met often and hung out together; before we realised it, we had become dependent on each other in a lot of ways."

The actor said he delayed admitting his feelings because he was afraid of losing his female fans. But, he added, 'They will continue to love me because they know that I am not just romantic on-screen but off-screen too. It was just a matter of realising that she is the one and that I'm in love.'

Karan said that when he saw Nisha in Sonu Nigam's music video, Chanda ki doli, he wished for a girlfriend like her. He said, "She has a beautiful soul and is a great pal. I am so much at ease with her because she's also very professional at work and carries herself impressively.'

What about marriage? 'I would love to marry and settle down. However, there is a right time for everything. Ideally, both partners should be ready for it personally and professionally. Our parents should agree too.' He also said that his parents were not like Naitik's, who married him off at the age of 23.

Pressure or no pressure, we'd love to see this romance end happily.

source: http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/September/News_20090911_51

v.flora thumbnail

Karan Mehra committed to Nisha Rawal!

Karan Mehra who debuted with Rajan Shahi's Yeh Ristha Kya Kehlata Hai on Star Plus is not single in real life any more. He is committed to Nisha Rawal who is a model turned actress and had debuted opposite Jimmy Shergill in "Hastey Hastey" and is a famous face in advertising.

Karan met Nisha for the first time professionally as the fashion designer for her film "Hastey Hastey" and gradually their friendship blossomed into love.

Karan Mehra says, "Nisha is the perfect partner who understands me totally. I feel, lucky to have her in my life".

Nisha Rawal says, "Karan is a very disciplined guy and has all the qualities of a dream man. He is also very caring by nature. We compliment each other."

v.flora thumbnail
Karan Mehra's birthday surprise

On his birthday this year, on September 10, actor Karan Mehra declared to the world that he was in love with actress-model Nisha Rawal and told her that he wanted to marry her

On his birthday this year, on September 10, actor Karan Mehra declared to the world that he was in love with actress-model Nisha Rawal and told her that he wanted to marry her. The actor, who plays Naitik in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai, planned these dramatic events as a surprise for his girlfriend, and had invited the media to his birthday bash.

The 27-year-old laid out a red carpet of rose petals at the entrance of the venue for Nisha, who had no idea what was happening. She met Karan's parents, after which he played a special slide show with old photographs of the two of them; each slide was accompanied by sweet and loving messages.

Karan then asked Nisha to close her eyes and took her to another section of the venue where he made had arranged rose petals in the shape of a heart. He then went down on his knees and proposed to her in front of everyone; he gave her a ring professing his love and promising to marry her. Nisha was in tears and the couple hugged.

Karan later described how he was sweating the whole time. He also explained the meaning of the designer heart-shaped ring which had an emerald and an Om sign in it. The actor then danced with Nisha and took the blessings of his parents, who were the only family members at the celebration. A couple then cut a cake and posed for pictures.

Besides the surprise for Nisha, this announcement comes as a surprise for Karan's fans too as he had always denied being in a relationship with Nisha. But we're happy for the couple and wish them luck.

source: http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/September/News_20090914_67
Edited by v.flora - 14 years ago
v.flora thumbnail
Hina Khan gets her degree

Hina Khan, known as Akshara of Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai, took her final year exams for a Business Management degree a few months back, and despite being tied up with shooting at the time, she managed to do well.

"I had trouble managing my shoot and the exams. At the time, I was shooting for a major bidaai sequence," she says. "I shot from 8am to 6am the next day, because I wanted to finish some sequences in advance. I came home, immediately packed and left for Delhi to take my exams."

Hina still managed to get a distinction. "The results are out and I scored 77 per cent. My family, the unit members and my co-stars all are happy for me. When I get time, I'll celebrate with my friends." Hina hopes to study further. "I always wanted to be a journalist, so I may opt for a journalism course. But I will take a break for a few months now," she says. "As a journalist you get to travel, you can explore world, you are well-informed, and you have different experiences. I want that."

As for the show, Hina says, "Right now, I am happily married. I am adjusting to new people and trying to manage in a new family. Everything is fine for now but there will be twist in the tale soon."

With Navratri season on, Hina plans to visit a few dandiyas this year, as she has never been to one. Though some organisers apparently approached her to perform at their events, Hina refused, and prefers to go on her own to enjoy the festival.

source: http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/September/News_20090921_100
v.flora thumbnail

Yeh Rishta's staple diet

Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai, the family drama, which airs on Star Plus keeps, its audience hooked onto their screens, but do you know what keep them TV actors hooked? Well its something that just goes round and round and is yummy and finger licking. Any guess?

Our little birdie from the sets informs, "Yeh Rishta…cast goes crazy when it comes to our favorite 2 min Maggi noodles. The cast and crew members are always ready to have it at any point of time, in between their breaks."

When asked Pooja Joshi (Varsha) about the reason to have Maggi, she immediately replied, "We hardly get a break of few min during our shoots, which is really not sufficient to have a full lunch or a heavy breakfast, so we usually opt for Maggi, as it is quick to make and ready to have."

Hmm We too agree with you all, as yummy Maggi is always great for hungry tummy After all Maggi itself says, "Taste bhi health bhi"

v.flora thumbnail

On small screen , daughters 'Rule'

SARAH SALVADORE , TNN 27 September 2009, 12:00am IST
Email Discuss Bookmark/Share Save Text Size: |
It's Daughter's Day today. And who better to epitomise the ideal Indian daughter, than the small screen betis. In an age and time when girls are
A still from Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo
outgoing and at times take up the mantle as breadwinner of the family, the idiot box has thrown up some memorable daughters that every Indian wished he/she had.

From being the centre of affection of the family, to going all out to solve problems, these on screen characters have managed to grab the eyeballs and rule the hearts of viewers from all over the country.
Over the past few years, the tube has managed to weave stories that revolve around the female protagonist. With her never-say-die attitude and concern for her family, the quintessential Indian beti has gone ahead and matched shoulders with the men in the family, just like Jassi and KKusum. And no, she does not mind sacrificing her love and life for the betterment of those she loves. So if Laali from Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo willingly accepted her fate for the sake of her family, then Simi from 12/24 Karol Bagh - Yahan Baste Hai Kuch Sapne, agrees to marry a sleazebag of a guy so that her brother too can tie the knot. And the audience too is lapping up every bit of the story. "Today, the focus of most shows has shifted from the bahus to the daughters," says actor Sara Khan who plays Sadhna in Sapna Babul Ka... Bidaai. "The female audience connects to the kind of sacrifices that the daughter makes for her loved ones. Men too are hooked on to such shows as they are close to their daughters," opines Khan. In fact, Sara's on screen character, Sadhna, marries a mentally challenged man so that her dark-skinned sister can get a better groom than herself.

And if that's not enough, there are those who take up cudgels for their rights and for those who suffer a similar fate.
Jia in Na Aana Iss Des Meri... Laado, fights tooth and nail with the patriarchal Ammaji to stop female infanticide in the village she lives in. She does not hesitate to subject herself to risks, so that her fellow women can be better off. "There are still places in India where female infanticide is practiced. At a time when the tube reaches every part of the country, there is a need to portray a strong female character to inspire and mobilise the women in those areas to stop such practices. Moreover, women especially daughters, have a lot of inner strength and ability to cope with such circumstances,"says actor Parul Chauhan.

While daughters have always been the focus, the father-daughter relationship too has been hailed on screen. In fact, there are some shows that sensitively portray those emotions, like Aap Ki Antara, where a father is trying his best to cope with his daughter's autism. Our on-screen beti's chose real life incidents to portray their on-screen emotions. "Everyone knows what parents go through when their daughters are getting married or suffer from some problems. Daughters can't stand it when their loved ones suffer, hence they are ready to do anything for them," says Hina Khan from Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai.

A friend, confidante and ray of happiness, a daughter is everything that is portrayed by our small screen betis. There are so many ways to celebrate this special day. But what better way, than tuning into these shows and celebrating the spirit of the girl child.

v.flora thumbnail

Tantrums of Bahuraniyaa

Well we are talking about the three most popular bahu's of Star Plus, Akshara, Sadhna and Ragini. Hina Khan, Sara Khan and Parul Chauhan are riding high these days as the TRP's of the show has risen again and so as their tantrums.

These bahu's are getting tougher as the days passes. Well we are talking in terms of their attitude. "Recently there were few people from the media who wanted to interview the bahu's but they refused to talk and said that they are very busy," chirps our khabroo from the sets.

"We do receive calls from the journalist for fixing up their interviews but all these three bahu have recently got lots of attitude and they avoid speaking to the media. One has to call them number of times to get their quotes or the interview," adds the source.

It seems their head is not on their shoulders. Well girls do remember that this is the game of TRP's so bach ke rehaina….