Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

v.flora thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Hina Khan gets emotional

Hina Khan, who plays Akshara in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai, and her on-screen mother, played by Laata Sabarwal, got emotional while shooting the wedding sequence between Akshara and Naitik.

The reason is that after this sequence, the sets will change and shooting will move to a new location.

"It was quite obvious that we were emotional. The cast and crew of the show have always been more like a family for me. I will miss everyone, especially Sanjeev and Laata. I will be shooting with different people. I gave my first shot on this set, so it is very special to me. I've had such a good time here."

Though Hina hasn't shot for the bidaai sequence yet, she has already cried buckets. "I don't even want to think about what will happen when I will shoot for my bidaai. I have already started feeling like I'm going away from them. I shot my first scene in Udaipur, then I did the grihapravesh here on these sets, I still remember all that. On the new sets, we will have a different unit. I will have to leave behind lots of things like my room, gudda guddi who I would talk to all the time, my temple, everything."

Shooting the wedding sequence has affected the actress at a personal level, and she felt like she was actually going through everything. "My mother has seen my marriage sequence. She liked it a lot and even she cried when I called her." Hina's wedding outfit was very heavy, but she was okay with it, as she believes you have to pay a price to look good.

The actress has not only been shooting, she is also sitting for her final year management exams. "I am somehow managing to study. I gave my first paper yesterday, it was fine .There are four more papers to go, so I have not shot the bidaai sequence yet."

From August onwards, Hina will start shooting at the new sets.

source:::   http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/July/News_20090723_116
v.flora thumbnail
Shows that splurge
Sonali Joshi/Hill Road Media

Gone are the days when lavish sets and expensive costumes were only seen in big-budget Bollywood films, TV shows are splurging too on authenticity and grandeur. Indya takes a look:
Showing 2 of 5 images Previous    Next

Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai: Udaipur has been recreated in Mumbai. Both the show's sets in Goregaon's Film City have unique designs on the walls and a grand display of lights. The costumes and jewellery add to the feel of Rajasthan.
source: http://www.indya.com/gallery/gallery.aspx?aid=592
niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Hina Khan balances show and exams

Hina Khan, who is Akshara in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai, recently gave her third-year BBA exams even while hectic shooting was on for her wedding scenes in the serial.
The actress tells us, "I was so tense, but my exams are finally over and all my papers went very well. My exams were in Delhi, so I have to make multiple trips there and back. I was quite nervous, because my track is Yeh Rishta is also important, as are my exams, but I managed."

The Business Administration course, from Skyline Business School in Delhi, included subjects like taxation and financial management. Hina says that she squeezed in studying during breaks in the shoot. "Whenever I got time while shooting, I studied in the makeup. I did most of my studying early in the morning before shooting started, and later in the night. I have given 100 per cent to both. In fact, I even gave a paper on the day we shot my bidaai."

At the exam centre, Hina was quite the star. "When everyone came to know that Akshara had come to give exams, they all came to see me; I was quite nervous and tense about the exams. Anyway, now I'm back at work and currently shooting for my grahapravesh."

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/July/News_20090730_153
AaRtINaKsH thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Eligible bachelorettes of TV
Dhanashri Kulkarni/Hill Road Media

Rakhi Sawant may be getting ready to marry on her show, Rakhi Ka Swayamvar, but there are other eligible bachelorettes on TV who would make any man weak in the knees.
Showing 4 of 5 images Previous    Next

Hina Khan
Popularly known as Akshara from Yeh Rishta..., she has simple and attractive looks. She recently married on the show and the picture she painted in her bridal ensemble could have many men clamouring for her hand. Just imagine her having her own show, asking men to come meet her and ask for her hand. Line lagao!

http://www.indya.com/gallery/gallery.aspx?aid=599
AaRtINaKsH thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
On screen siblings
Sonali Joshi/Hill Road Media

Rakhi is the big day for all brothers and sisters, and on the upcoming Rakhi Day, Indya takes a look at some popular on screen brothers and sisters from the telly world.
Showing 2 of 5 images Previous    Next

Hina Khan (Akshara) and Ather Habib (Shaurya) are very sweet siblings from Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai, they are never ever seen fighting with each other. Shaurya is a very responsible brother and always seen performing all his duties towards Akshara. Both of them have a very special bond as Akashara's best friend Varsha is married to Shaurya.
v.flora thumbnail
Hina Khan's 'rash' wedding sequence

Hina Khan, who plays Akshara in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai, developed nasty skin rashes while shooting her wedding sequence a few days ago.

Our source tells us, "For the wedding sequences, Hina was wearing a 30kg lehenga and heavy jewellery which was very difficult for her to handle. She ended up developing rashes also. It was a tough time because she was also giving her management exams."

Hina is now fully recovered. She says, "The marks have all gone since the sequence was shot two weeks ago. I'm fine now. The rash didn't really bother my work, it wasn't too serious. Though those lehengas were heavy, everything went fine."

Meanwhile, in the show, Akshara has arrived at her sasural. Back at her maayka, everyone is missing her, especially her bhabhi, who is her best friend. In today's episode, Naitik finds a chit with mysterious contents.
source:  http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/August/News_20090806_31
v.flora thumbnail

Rain plays spoiltsport

Decrease text sizeIncrease text size
August 8th, 2009
By Our Correspondent
    Email this supplementary
  • Printer friendly version

The producers and cast of STAR Plus' leading show Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai were left in a quandary earlier this month, as heavy unexpected rains ruined their grand baraat sequence.

Talking about the incident, producer Vivek Jain says, "The baraat sequence was a high point in the show, for which we organised 200 juniour artistes, around 100 local actors, food, decoration, and art directors.

Since we had shot half of the sequence, we couldn't even change the track. We have incurred losses of above Rs 5 lakh as we had to cancel the shoot, and we didn't even have a
bank of episodes!"

The shooting couldn't resume for a long time as the rains refused to stop. The lead actors who were also quite upset sympathised with the unit. Karan Mehra who plays Naitik says, "It's unfortunate that shooting was cancelled, due
to rains, but this was unavoidable."

Snippets by Sanskriti Media Entertainment

v.flora thumbnail
Janmashtami twists in serials
Dhanashri Kulkarni/Hill Road Media

Janmashtami is this weekend, so you can count on your favourite TV serials to introduce some new changes and twists in their stories, to complement the festive season.
Showing 4 of 4 images Previous    Next

Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai, STAR Plus
Our source says, "Akshara and Naitik's post-wedding celebrations are on and will continue for the next few days. Naitik's friends will clear the misunderstanding between him and Akshara, while the emotional drama continues at Akshara's household, as her family misses her."
niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Ali Merchant's emotional exit

Ali Merchant, who plays Rituraj in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai, is finished with the show; with Akshara and Naitik starting a new phase of life together, his character has come to an end.

Ali tells us, "Yes, my stint with the show is over. Last night, I shot for the last time and ended it by cutting a cake on the sets. It was quite an emotional moment for me to say bye to all my co-actors, especially Karan and Hina. Even the assistant director and other crew members had tears in their eyes. I will miss the sets."

The actor did not reveal the reason for his exit, only saying, "By the beginning of next week, Rituraj will sign off which will give Akshara and Naitik reason to smile. The show has given me so much popularity that I will really miss the character." Ali adds, "I don't know what will happen next in the serial, because in daily soaps the storylines suddenly change and so I may even be come back." What next? "I'm getting lots of offers from productions houses and each one is really good so let's see which one I'll accept."

We asked the actor about his plans for the Independence Day weekend. He says, "It's my mother's birthday on Saturday, so I and Sara Khan will be spending time with her and I'm giving her a Rado watch as a gift."

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/August/News_20090814_75
v.flora thumbnail

Ganesha bless Karan Mehra

Karan Mehra who rose to fame with Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai has become a household name. Each and every mother dreams of this boy as a son or their son-in-law. This all happened due to his hard work and his belief in lord ganesha.

This time god himself came up to him for more good will. "Its amazing that ganesha came in my house in the form of tomatoes," he states.

He bought tomatoes for himself from a regular vendor. He lives alone and his parents are based in Delhi. He was arranging tomatoes in his refrigerator and to his surprise he saw one of the tomatoes had the trunk of Lord Ganesha. After some hours an eye also appeared. He is follower of Lord Ganesha, but has never brought ganpati at home.

"It's in my mandir and it has been three days. The tomato is still fresh and I am happy that god gave me his blessing," he concludes.

Well this Ganpati it seems lord has ushered his blessing to your loving star Naitik. Thus it is said miracle do happen'