*YRKKH Articles Archive* - Page 2

Posted: 15 years ago
Television's most romantic jodis

With love stories that defy all odds, and sometimes all reason, it's no wonder TV's sugary couples have become household names who get the audiences hooked on their serials.

SO we take a look at the most romantic onscreen couples who share some amazing chemistry.
Amar and Divya (Banoo Main Teri Dulhan): Amar (Sharad Malhotra) and Divya (Divyanka Tripathi) of Banoo Main Teri Dulhan (Zee TV) have garnered loads of love and appreciation from their fans for their off-screen as well as onscreen chemistry. They both look good together that now the fans are waiting to see them together in real life too.

Ranbir and Ragini (Bidaai): The viewers had to wait very long to see these two (Ranbir played by Kinshuk and Ragini played by Parul) together in Bidaai (Star Plus) and finally it has happened. These two are perhaps one of the most loved jodis on the small screen these days.

Armaan and Ridhima (Dil Mil Gaye): Dr. Armaan aka Karan Singh Grover and Sukirti Khandpal, who plays Ridhima of Dil Mil Gaye (Star One), look very cute together. Their fans are so fond of them that they want to see them together on other shows as well.

Heer and Prem (Kis Des): Heer, played by Additi Gupta, and Prem, played by Harshad Chopra, in Kis Des Mein Hai Mera Dil (Star Plus) have garnered loads of love from their fans. This onscreen couple shares a good relationship off screen as well- though they are just great friends.

Yudhister and Rani (Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat): Kapil and Anjali are very well known because of the chemistry they share off their Star Plus show as well. The couple participated in Nach Baliye 4 and was even among the top 4. Viewers are desperately waiting for them to tie the knot.

Arjun and Arohi (Kitani Mohabbat Hai): In a very short span of time, Arjun (Karan Kundra) and Arohi (Krutika Kamra) of Kitani Mohabbat Hai (NDTV Imagine) have gained so much popularity that they are being called the next Rajeev-Aamna on television. Their 'khatti mithi takraar' works perfectly for them.

Ram and Sita (Ramayan): Gurmeet Chaudhary, popularly known as Ram, and Debina Bonnerjee, Sita of NDTV Imagine's Ramayan, look made for each other. They are a couple in real life too and perhaps that chemistry is reflected onscreen.

Akshara and Naitik (Ye Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai): Akshara, played by Hina Khan, and Naitik, played by Karan Mehra, of Ye Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai (Star Plus) look very cute together. The shyness and freshness of their relationship has been getting good responses so far and viewers are eager to see how their relationship progresses.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/March/News_20090323_113

• Vandana Shukla/ Hill Road Media
  • Monday, March 23, 2009
  • Posted: 15 years ago
    In Pics: Celebrations on the set of Yeh Rishta...

Within two years of its launch, Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai (Star Plus, Mon-Fri at 9.30pm) has become the most popular show currently on television.

THE show's top position was announced last week when the entry of the Naitik (Karan Mehra) garnered it the highest amount of TRPs. A modest Karan says that it was the team's effort, rather than just his entry, that sent the TRPs soaring.
    The secret to the success of Yeh Rishta… is attributed to its simple story and lack of negativity on the show. The serial recently completed 50 episodes and a grand celebration was held for the entire star cast.

Presently, its plot revolves around Akshara (Hina Khan) and the preparations for her wedding. Next week, the show will introduce Naitik's family. His and Akshara's engagement will also take place soon.

It will be interesting to see what the future episodes of the show have in store for viewers as they try to maintain their top position. No doubt the entire cast and crew will be working extra with this added responsibility.

The ladies behind the success: Akshara with her onscreen chachi and dadi

Meet the family: Akshara with her family

The team of Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai

Delightful couple: Naitik and Akshara

Photographs: Azhar Khan/ Hill Road Media

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/March/News_20090324_117

Posted: 15 years ago
    Gossip from Bidaai, Yeh Rishta success party

Production house Director's Cut hosted a major celebration to commemorate the success of their prime time shows Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai and Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai (on star Plus at 9pm and 9.30 respectively), both of which are enjoying TRPs of over 7. The cast and crew of both the shows were present at the event.

Parul Chauhan and Kisnhuk were the last team members to arrive. And even though Parul's right ankle was bandaged, she did not miss the opportunity to burn the dance floor with her co-star Sara Khan, Sara's beau Ali Merchant and Navin Saini.
    Jasvir Kaur, who came along with her hubby, was talking to everyone in a husky voice. When asked about the problem with her voice, she revealed that she was down with the flu. Despite this, she looked quite fresh in white Capri and a purple tee.

After giving interviews with co-star Hina Khan, Karan Mehra rushed towards the entrance. Karan, who plays the lead in Yeh Rishta…, was then chilling with his on screen co–stars and chatting politely with everyone. But as soon as he learned that his friend Nisha Rawal (model-turned-actress of Hastey Hastey fame) made an appearance, he introduced her to everyone at the party.

Kshiti Jog, Yatin Kareykar, Suchitra Bandekar, Romit Raj, and Amit Dolwat from Ghar Ki Laxmi Betiyaan were also there.

However certain members like Vibha Chibbber, Avinash Wadhwa, Preeti Puri, Amardeep Jha could not make it to the bash. Nevertheless, several of producer Rajan Shahi's (producer) friends, not to mention his family, were at the event.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/March/News_20090331_148

• Sonali Joshi, Hill Road Media
  • Tuesday, March 31, 2009

• Posted: 14 years ago
    Nidhi Uttam enters Yeh Rishta…

Nidhi Uttam is playing the character of Nadini, Naitik's sister who is handicapped, on Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai. And though her costars tease her for having it easy because she is not required to move around much on the show, Nidhi says that playing the role has made her have even more respect for people with physical disabilities.

TALKING about how she bagged the role, Nidhi says, "The audition I gave was one of the toughest I've ever had; the lines, as well as the body language, was difficult. I even told the person who took my audition that it was hard but he said that I did a good job. I too was confident that I would be selected. And sure enough, they called ma two days later for the part."
    The character of Nadini was affected by polio at the age of 3. Nidhi says, "Since she was 3, Nadini has been undergoing treatment. She is shown improving. Initially, she could not even stand. Right now she is on crutches and in future episodes there is hope of even more improvement."

"Nadini is very attached to her brother Naitik and her family has hidden the fact that he is getting married. This is because they don't want Nadini to feel bad as she too dreams of getting married. Even so, she is a very strong character who does not want any sympathy," adds the actress.

Nidhi says that she has learnt a lot from her character. She says, "Being a sportsperson, it was very though for me to act handicapped. It was also painful to walk around with crutches and I got very depressed because I understood how people suffer with them."

But her hard work has paid off, she says, "I have been getting good responses from my friends and family. Though, my costars often tease me saying that I can sit in one place and shoot. But it is not easy at all."

The actress is now comfortable with the Yeh Rishta… team as she has made a few friends. She says, "I've made friends with Karan, Hina and the girl who plays choti chachi. They welcomed me on the sets. My role is not a cameo and soon there will be a love story added to my track."

She also agrees with the show's message, saying, "I have watched the show and I do believe in the concept of love after marriage. My own parents are liberal and they would never force me to do anything but I think that parents always choose what's best for us."

Nidhi has appeared in many shows such as Kasauti Zindagi Kii, Kasturi, Karam Apna Apna, and Maayka. She has also participated in the reality show Champion Chalbaaz No.1.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/May/News_20090501_6

Posted: 14 years ago

Ali Merchant back in Yeh Rishta..

Rituraj aka Ali Merchant who was the first love of Akshara is back in Star Plus' Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai..

Akshara's first love is back in Ye Rishta!

Ali Merchant, who previously portrayed the role of Rituraj in Ye Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai (Star Plus), is all set to reenter the show. His reemergence is going to bring about a major twist in the story as Akshara, his former love, is all set to marry someone else. And that's not all, the actor has been working out religiously, so get ready to see Rituraj fitter than ever. How will Akshara resist?

According to a source, "Akshara and Naitik are about to get married. In fact, preparations for the marriage are already on. But during the engagement arrangements, Ali will make his comeback as Rituraj. His reappearance will create much confusion. After all, he was Akshara's first love. And the fact that Naitik doesn't know anything about this will add to the confusion."

Ali Merchant entered as Rituraj three months ago and was seen in a cameo for five episodes. Soon after that, Rituraj called off his wedding to Akshara at the last minute and disappeared from the scene. His entry did wonders for the show and that is the reason he's been brought back. The source adds, "Ali was only there for five episodes but that seems to have worked really well for the viewers; it led to a high rise in the ratings."

Ali Merchant refused to comment on his entry. Instead, he told us his other plans: to get fit. The actor has lost 9 kilos in just two months and is also working out regularly. He tells us, "I want to look very fit now and it's been two months since I started working on it. I am doing every possible thing: I go to the gym regularly, I do yoga for an hour and most importantly, I am concentrating on my diet. I only eat boiled food, fruit juices and I've stopped eating junk completely."

The actor is also taking advice from fellow actor Gautam Rode. He says, "He and Karan Singh Grover have the best bodies in the television industry. I take am taking special tips from Gautam. I also take special algae products, which are the fastest and healthiest way to reduce weight."

Ali hasn't started shooting for Ye Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai yet but his entry will take place soon. The serial airs every Monday to Friday at 9:30pm on Star Plus.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/June/News_20090601_3

thanx for the post.....it was just very awesome/........
    HINA KHAN—Destiny's Own Child!
    [22 Jun 2009]

IT'S TRULY BEEN A CINDERELLA STORY FOR ME

Its remarkable how self-assured today's newcomers are. We might complain about them being rather unprofessional at times, not getting back to phone calls and repeated messages, and putting on a rather aloof faade as an explanation for their taut schedules. But you have to admire how cool and calm they are at handling the media, how they have all the right answers, never a moment of hesitation and possess cut-throat ambition.

Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai's sweet and dusky-complexioned Akshara, Hina Khan in real time, somehow manages to be an eclectic combination of both professionalism and calm composure. While she originally belongs to Mumbai, she schooled in Delhi and Lucknow and was still pursuing her Masters in Management in Delhi, when she heard about the auditions happening for the show.

"You know, I didn't want to be an actress," she informs, in the traditional clichd style, that we have all come to know and accept. Hina, apparently, never even thought of acting as a career. "I was always a fan of Ekta Kapoor though. I especially wanted to work in her shows. So I did look for auditions, but it was never a desperate need," she's quick to let us know.

A friend informed Hina about auditions happening for the show, which she went for rather hesitantly, only to get a call the very next day from producer Rajan Shahi telling her she'd bagged the role. "I came to Mumbai for a look-test after that, I gave about two-three look tests and touchwood, got selected. Everything happened so quickly, there was no time to react.

Even now it hasn't completely hit me. When I think of how today, I'm a part of the Star Parivaar, I find it so hard to believe. I'd thought of this once, but never thought it would actually happen. Once I watched saas-bahu shows, today I'm a part of it," she smiles, seemingly astonished with her own success.

Life certainly does take a turn for the best sometimes. And Hina is lucky to be playing a character like Akshara, who has gone down so well with the audience. Fortunately for her, Akshara is just like Hina. So a large part of what you see on screen is Hina herself, and not just a character she's been asked to portray. "I love playing Akshara, she's so cute, and there's so much to learn from her, such as taking care for family, the sacrifices she makes etc, in fact, she's unusually similar to me.

Akshara can do anything for her parents. In real life, I too will do anything for my parents. I'll happily get married to the boy my parents select for me. But my parents and I have a mutual understanding, I know if tomorrow I tell my parents I want to marry this boy, they'll agree too."

She reiterates how her parent's approval means a lot to her, "I could never disappoint them. Initially, my parents did have reservations about me embarking on an acting career, but they still gave me that chance. With God's grace, destiny played a part and I have managed to achieve the little I have. It's truly been a Cinderella story for me."

Hina goes on to reveal that her close friends on the show are surprisingly not her similar-aged co-stars, rather the slightly elder actors. "I am close to Lata Sabharwal and Sanjiv Seth (who play her parents), Neelima Tadepalli (who plays Sunaina) and Sunita Rajwar (Dhaniya). The young people on the show don't really chill together. It all depends on who gets along with whom. After all, closeness and friendship are two different things, right?" she tactfully answers.

Hina states she always had great expectations from the show, especially after she saw the faith producer Rajan Shahi showed in her. "Rajan Shahi has done so much for me. The channel was wondering if I'm the right girl. But he was convinced I'm perfect, and it's his conviction that has got me till here. I gave my 200 per cent and I wanted to make sure it's the best show."

She gets a little contemplative and then says, "I've worked so hard to make this work. And it was very difficult to do so with no acting background, having never learnt acting or anything. I knew nothing. But Rajan Shahi had blind trust in me. I wanted to live up to his expectations. I'm still trying and if he's happy, then I'm happy."

On the personal front too, her parents are very happy with the way their daughter's hard work has paid off. "My parents keep blessing me. They're so happy for me. Even my younger brother tells everyone that Akshara is his sister. I'm just happy that my parents are happy. I live for my parents and I'm very family oriented. They've done so much for me, now I want to fulfil all their dreams."

As an afterthought she adds, "I'm so thankful to God for all the success I've received till now. Sometimes I question God, am I really worth it? It's a dream come true. After coming to Mumbai, I saw how people struggle to get through a single audition. I've been lucky at 21. When I go out today, people recognize me. I give autographs. I remember the first time I gave an autograph was on the first day of my shoot in Udaipur. I felt like a queen."

Hina is quite sure that she doesn't want to think about what happens after Yeh Rishta…. For now, this is all she plans to concentrate on. "I want to be there for my show throughout. All the fame that I have today is only because of this show." And the wondrous part of the show would be that it managed to succeed at a time when almost all the content on TV has lost its steam, in the wake of the recession.

"I think my show is doing well because of its storyline and because destiny has a part to play always. I'm very lucky to be a part of this show. I knew none of the shows were doing well, and here we had managed to be among the best on TV, with healthy competition from …Bidaai."   

For Hina, it truly has been a fairy tale. Once upon a time, she religiously followed shows like Kyunki Saas…, Kahaani Ghar…and Kasautii…. And perhaps that's when she became a die-hard Smriti Irani fan. "She's a total inspiration. The way she works, handles things, she's too good. She never does any nonsensical work, never wears rubbish, and is a great actor. She's so real. I don't know if I want to model my career on hers, but she's an inspiration for sure."

Smriti has consciously stayed away from the big screen but Hina can think of Bollywood, only if 'decent' roles come her way. "I don't want to do anything like what's happening today. I come from a conservative background, and I have to take care of my parents. I would never want to disappoint them by doing something they don't like. But I also know that if something good comes my way, I can make them understand, and they love me, so they will understand."

Today, Hina is on the threshold of greater professional success, but at the end of the day, she's still a 21-year-old girl. "I miss my friends, attending college, my brother. I've missed so many farewells, shopping trips. That was all special stuff. I especially miss it all because I was rather notorious, always made the most noise," says she, with a twinkle in her eye.

"I love to chill, and I love to talk a lot, all stupid talks of course," she says bursting into giggles. "But at the same time, people say I'm very open-minded and transparent. I know myself; I'm very blunt and prefer to speak my mind right to a person's face. I'm also quite quick-tempered."

So does she have a special someone to share her life with right now? "No, I don't. No boyfriend for now, I'm just too busy. I will not say that I won't have a boyfriend, but a relationship needs time, which I do not have. Till now, I've had a few childish affairs. But nothing serious.

And I know that tomorrow, if I'll ever fall in love, the first person I tell will be my dad. I'm very close to him. He was the first person I told when I got the call for Akshara. And even when I came to Mumbai, he arranged it in such a way, that nobody knew, not even mom for the first four-five days. I owe my dad a lot," she says, ever grateful.              

Hina is quite particular about what she wants from her man, and is rather eloquent when voicing her opinions on the same. "My career has just started. In the future, whatever I earn, more or little or even if I'm earning in crores, it'll only be mine. I want to be completely dependent on my man. I need him to be very caring, to take care of all my needs, pamper me, secure me; after all, I'll be leaving my parents for him. He should be like my dad; my dad gave me all without any expectations."

The question remains however, if men like that really exist? "Of course men like that exist," she says, with a bit of naivet. "So many men say they can do anything for you, but ultimately everybody wants someone they like. Anyway, for now, I just want to work and earn money. Then I'll think about love and marriage," she says, rather confident and conclusive, and absolutely sure of what awaits her in the future.   

* By Sneha Kamat

http://www.magnamags.com/index.php/200906224334/showtime/features/hina-khan%97destiny-own-child.html