Celebrity Fan Clubs

India-Forums

Celebrity Fan Clubs
Celebrity Fan Clubs

*~*~`* Billu Barbar Fanclub`*~`~*Stills PG 15 (Page 7)

Zareena IF-Stunnerz
Zareena
Zareena

Posted: 08 January 2009 at 10:47pm | IP Logged
Priyan is currently shooting the Shah Rukh Khan-starrer Billoo Barber, which is almost complete.

"We've about 20 days shooting left and then Billoo Barber is done. We're aiming for a Diwali release."

Full article: http://www.mid-day.com/web/guest/entertainment/bollywood/article?_EXT_5_articleId=1183101&_EXT_5_groupId=14

The Diwali week [October 24] may witness changes! Initially, Subhash Ghai's YUVRAAJ and Ashtavinayak's GOLMAAL RETURNS were expected to arrive on that date, but according to trustworthy sources, YUVRAAJ won't make it in Diwali. Now's here's the new development: SRK's BILLU BARBER is confirmed for the Diwali week.

"That's true," Sunil Lulla of Eros tells me, "We are not releasing YUVRAAJ on October 24. But BILLU BARBER is definitely arriving on that date. That's for sure. As for YUVRAAJ, we need to work out a fresh date with Subhash-ji." Meanwhile, there's talk that even GOLMAAL RETURNS might be shifted ahead, although its producers, Shree Ashtavinayak, hasn't officially made a statement to that effect.

While on release dates, UGLY AUR PAGLI, which was confirmed for July 25, has been moved ahead. It will now arrive on August 1.

link: http://www.indiafm.com/news/2008/07/15/11676/index.html

Edited by Zareena - 08 January 2009 at 10:49pm

Zareena IF-Stunnerz
Zareena
Zareena

Posted: 08 January 2009 at 10:48pm | IP Logged
Who's the best?

The much talked-about war between Akshay Kumar and Shah Rukh Khan is soon going to be public. The war for the number one position will be at its peak when Shah Rukh Khan's Billoo Barber will clash with Akshay Kumar's Chandni Chowk to China at the marquee.

In the past couple of years, Akshay Kumar has delivered hits consistently and is said to be on par with Shah Rukh Khan in his box-office status and hence is a threat to SRK's numero uno throne. He is already the most sought after actor and that's why Nikhil Advani's film Chandni Chowk to China is tipped to be very hot in the trade circuit.

Keeping this in mind, according to trade insiders, the publicity strategy of Chandni... is planned in such a way that it would be able to hold on its own despite Shah Rukh's Billoo Barber releasing simultaneously. Knowing SRK, it is obvious that he will go all out to promote his film. So Akshay and Advani have already planned to start off with the teaser promo of their film to show with Akshay's film Singh Is Kinng. With both sides pitted equally, it's well worth the wait to check out who will win the battle.

Contributed by Kunal M Shah, Janhvi Patel and Harshita Kohli (Hill Road Media)

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?page=article§id=30&contentid=2008062420080624021709843de03a247
Zareena IF-Stunnerz
Zareena
Zareena

Posted: 09 January 2009 at 12:47pm | IP Logged
From an interview with Sukhwinder Singh

Which amongst your forthcoming songs are potential hits?

I have an interesting song Marjaani in Billoo Barber which is written by Gulzarsaab.

http://www.screenindia.com/news/Et-tu-Sukhwinder/335907/

Zareena IF-Stunnerz
Zareena
Zareena

Posted: 09 January 2009 at 12:48pm | IP Logged
Shah Rukh Khan goes to gaon

Actor Shah Rukh Khan is back shooting for films. In fact while he was busy at the IPL, SRK used to shoot for Priyadarshan's Billoo Barber , too. With just one schedule remaining, we guess the makers of this one are keeping a rather low profile.

It was not very long ago that the shooting schedule of this film was to take place in a village. Shah Rukh who plays a simple, aam aadmi in this movie { TIMES OF INDIAAAAA Bravo }, had no choice but to travel with the cast and crew to a village in North India – where Viraasat was shot.

Apparently, sources close to us say that the one thing SRK hates is shooting in a village. After all, the actor is used to the lavish luxuries of life, and the close-to-no-facility areas provide much discomfort to him. A unit member informs us, "I don't know much about his likes and dislikes, but Shah Rukh is a sport. He adapted ok and didn't as much as complain even once. He was ready to do whatever it took for him to deliver! Also, he mingled well with one and all and didn't have any prolems. He went out of the way to make the locals there feel special."

Well, here's to the professional, who has returned to the luxuries of his home!

http://movies.indiatimes.com/articleshow/3164391.cms
Zareena IF-Stunnerz
Zareena
Zareena

Posted: 09 January 2009 at 12:49pm | IP Logged
Shah Rukh Khan's tantrums

26 Jul, 2008 06:00 am ISTlINDIATIMES MOVIES

There are standing instructions given to the catering guys of Billo Barber by Shah Rukh Khan's staff. Apparently, the star has categorically said that he will not touch food that is rich in oil.

Khan who has become a health freak after building muscles says that his wife too is fed up with his demands. "Its called taking liberties," he smiles. "Look, I'm not a big eater so whatever little I eat it better be healthy," says SRK.

Tossed veggies, grilled chicken, boiled dal and other bland stuff is what the King Khan is currently.

http://movies.indiatimes.com/articleshow/3279491.cms
Zareena IF-Stunnerz
Zareena
Zareena

Posted: 09 January 2009 at 12:49pm | IP Logged
SRK becomes 'immobile'

Prithwish Ganguly
Monday, July 21, 2008 23:59 IST

The actor stops using his mobile phone on the sets because he doesn't want to be disturbed by unwanted calls, reports Prithwish Ganguly

After being in the news in the past few days, has Shah Rukh switched off? He has stopped using his mobile phone on the sets completely. The actor, whose is currently shooting for his next home production Billoo Barber, does not want to be disturbed by unwanted calls. Priyadarshan, the director of the film, is completely bowled over by Shah Rukh's dedication.

"Many stars can't live without their phones. They give one shot and then get busy with their phone calls, but Shah Rukh seems to be from a different world. He is not using his cell phone at all on the sets. No messaging, no phone calls, nothing. He makes himself so engrossed in the process of filmmaking that it is infectious to others," he says.

Priyadarshan adds, "His dedication to work is tremendous. Billoo Barber is his film and he is definitely setting an example for the entire cast and crew. He is the busiest man of the industry, he must be getting many calls and needs to attend them too, but he knows that doing several things at a time will harm his own project. I have never seen him even holding his cell phone on the sets."

With this, Shah Rukh joins the league of other actors like Aamir Khan and Amitabh Bachchan, who are inaccessible when they are busy with their projects.

Priyadarshan says his cast and crew is hero worshipping Shah Rukh. "He has this uncanny ability to win over people and he has become a favourite of every one on the sets. I'm totally bowled over looking at his intensity and professionalism. My assistant directors flock around him as if he is their brother," he says.

And how is King Khan as a producer? Is he finicky?

"I have never met a producer like him. He has asked me to make the film and he is taking care of the funding and other departments. He doesn't even know what I'm doing with the film and how do I plan to shoot. He has given a free hand to me. That's a sign of a man who has enormous confidence and faith on his team," Priyadarshan ends.

http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?newsid=1178943
Zareena IF-Stunnerz
Zareena
Zareena

Posted: 09 January 2009 at 12:51pm | IP Logged
Rajinikant helps Shah Rukh Khan

IndiaGlitz [Saturday, July 26, 2008]

Shah Rukh Khan got shocked when he heard that Superstar Rajnikant's Tamil film 'Kuselan' has been wrapped up and will be releasing in August.

Rajnikant's previous film 'Sivaji' although was a Tamil film managed to get unexpected attention of people from all over India.

So the producers of 'Kuselan' had planned to release the Hindi dubbed version at the same time when the movie hits the cinema halls in south.

'Kuselan' is the remake of the Malyalam hit film 'Katha Parayumbol' so is King Khan's forthcoming film 'Billoo Barber'.

Sharukh wanted to finish off the work of his film fast and get it released as a Diwali movie.

And he was also confident of getting his film first to the theaters.

Upon hearing that the Hindi version of 'Kuselan' will be reaching the theaters much before his film will get exposed, SRK panicked as if this happens the box office prospect of 'Billoo Barber' will get severely damaged due to having the same theme and story.

Adding more intensity to his tension was that in both the films, the lead actors appear in 20 different looks in a single song.

SRK had no other option than to make a call to the South Superstar and request him to change the north Indian release date of 'Kuselan'.

Rajnikant considered Sharukh's request and assured him that his film will get to the halls only after Diwali.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/hindi/article/40246.html

Zareena IF-Stunnerz
Zareena
Zareena

Posted: 09 January 2009 at 12:52pm | IP Logged
The SRK-Akshay Diwali fight

By: By Subhash K Jha

Though there's a box office war brewing between the Akshay Kumar-starrer Chandni Chowk To China and the Shah Rukh Khan film Billo Barbar this Diwali, Priyadarshan admits that SRK, the producer of Billo Barbar, is not the film's main character.

"Ours is not a big film. We aren't depending on the gloss or glamour. I don't have any qualms in saying this. The main protagonist in Billo Barbar is Irrfan Khan. Shah Rukh has a supporting role."

Priyan wants no part of the Diwali confrontation. "I've worked with Akshay and I'm working with Shah Rukh now. I don't believe there are any long-lasting friendships or enmities in politics or cinema. Fortunately, I don't live in Mumbai so I don't have to party with any 'camp'." Currently, Priyan is shooting in Pollachi in Tamil Nadu. "The only other Hindi film I shot here was Viraasat." They've shot one item song with Kareena Kapoor. One more song is yet to be decided. "It maybe Priyanka Chopra or Rani Mukherjee. As a producer, Shah Rukh didn't once ask me about costs. Billo Barbar is not a big film, but it's expensive."

And there's another first in Priyan's career. "I've produced the Tamil version of Khosla Ka Ghosla along with UTV, which my assistant Vijay has directed. Why producer? "The day I retire, I want the 'producer' tag on my bio-data," he says.

http://epaper2.mid-day.com/midday/scripts/epaper/epapermain.aspx?queryed=24&getda=h&eddate=7/27/2008

Go to top