Celebrity Fan Clubs

*~*~`* Billu Barbar Fanclub`*~`~*Stills PG 15 (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 39

Zareena

IF-Stunnerz

Zareena

Posted: 08 January 2009 at 10:44pm | IP Logged
Billoo Barber is Priyadarshan's 75th film!

Priyadarshan is ready with his new film Mere Baap Pehle Aap, which releases this Friday. And believe it or not, his next film Billo Barber will be the 75th film of his career which has spanned over two decades.

With Billo Barber, the filmmaker brings the two talented Khans, Shah Rukh Khan and Irrfan Khan together for the first time.

"It's basically the story of Krishna and Sudama. As children when we used to listen to stories, its one story that touched us all, because we all have friends. Basically Billo Barber is the story of relationship between a barber and an actor, it's a story of friendship," he says.

"It's a very emotional film and I don't think that anybody will be able to come out of the theatre without shedding a drop of tear of happiness. You cry because of happiness. When I narrated the subject, I could see it in Shah Rukh's eyes and that is why he accepted the film," he adds.

http://www.ibnlive.com/news/milestone-priyadarshans-next-to-be-his-75th-film/67058-8.html?xml

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "*~*~`* Billu Barbar Fanclub`*~`~*Stills PG 15 (Page 7)" in Celebrity Fan Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Zareena

IF-Stunnerz

Zareena

Posted: 08 January 2009 at 10:45pm | IP Logged
Barber & Badshah

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1080617/images/17srk2.jpg

It will be a treat to watch the king of comedy Priyadarshan (who has directed a long list of rib-ticklers Hera Pheri, Hungama, Garam Masala, Bhool Bhulaiyaa) coming together with superstar Shah Rukh Khan for the first time in Billo Barber. The film, being produced by Shah Rukh Khan, is said to be inspired by the story of Krishna and Sudama and talks about the friendship between a superstar (SRK) and a poor barber (Irrfan Khan). Lara Dutta (who has replaced Amisha Patel) will be seen in the role of the barber's wife. Kareena Kapoor and Deepika Padukone will make special appearances.

So how did the first-time collaboration between Shah Rukh Khan and Priyadarshan take place? "I was supposed to do a very commercial film with him about a bank robbery. But the problem was that he was too busy with the IPL and wasn't able to give me the desired dates. He said, 'You will have to divide the shooting days according to the IPL'. Then I just told him, 'If this is the situation, I have another script which I would like you to hear.' So I narrated this subject. He loved it completely. In fact, I could see tears in his eyes during the script narration. He almost cried at the end and said 'I want to do this film and I want to make this film myself'," said the star director.

And what happened to the bank robbery film? "That was another subject I was working on but instead of that I decided to make this film because it was more convenient to make during the IPL."

So does Shah Rukh Khan have a full-fledged role in the movie or is his a special appearance? "No. it's not a special appearance. He is there but the major role is Irrfan Khan's. I am shooting with Shah Rukh for hardly 30 days whereas I am shooting for around 50 days with Irrfan."

Priyadarshan, who has already completed half of the movie, is happy with the way things have gone. "Yes, I have shot 50 per cent of the film. My next schedule starts from July 15, in Pallachi," he concludes.

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1080617/jsp/entertainment/story_9420749.jsp

Zareena

IF-Stunnerz

Zareena

Posted: 08 January 2009 at 10:46pm | IP Logged
Lara - SRK Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karegi

Director Priyadarshan admits he had written the female lead of his forthcoming 'Billo Barber' with favourite actress Tabu in mind but had to settle for Lara Dutta instead due to date problems.

Priyadarshan and Tabu have done great work together in films like 'Viraasat' and 'Kala Pani'. The versatile actress even agreed to do an inconsequential role in 'Hera Pheri' only for Priyadarshan's sake.

'Billo Barber' is being produced by superstar Shah Rukh Khan and Priyadarshan wanted Tabu to star in it. But after she opted out, Lara bagged the role.

Said Priyadarshan: 'It's a role of a full-on firebrand village girl. And it's patterned on Tabu's role in my 'Viraasat'. I've to admit I think of Tabu for every female lead. But Lara is sensitive and strong enough to carry this role off with elan.'

He said that Lara plays the wife of a barber, portrayed by Irrfan Khan.

'Though the character belongs to a higher caste, she defies social norms and the diktats of the village to marry a barber. Lara's sophisticated image hasn't come in the way of her performance at all. She'll shock you, ' said Priyadarshan.

Shah Rukh also stars in 'Billo Barber', but not opposite Lara.

Said a source close to the project: 'There was a certain amount of reservation about the part when Lara heard it was opposite Irrfan. Lara is extremely conscious of her co-stars' status. Earlier she had refused Anil Kapoor's 'Short Cut' with Arshad Warsi.

'But the temptation of being in the same film with Shah Rukh prevailed. She had never been in any film with him and he's producing 'Billo Barbar'. She sees this as stepping stone to a film with Shah Rukh.'

Earlier Lara had done a walk-on part in 'Fanaa' and admitted she had done it to work with Aamir Khan and to gain an entry into Yash Raj Films. And very soon she got a full-fledged role in 'Jhoom Baraabar Jhoom' with the illustrious banner.

http://www.santabanta.com/cinema.asp?pid=20991

Zareena

IF-Stunnerz

Zareena

Posted: 08 January 2009 at 10:47pm | IP Logged
Priyan is currently shooting the Shah Rukh Khan-starrer Billoo Barber, which is almost complete.

"We've about 20 days shooting left and then Billoo Barber is done. We're aiming for a Diwali release."

Full article: http://www.mid-day.com/web/guest/entertainment/bollywood/article?_EXT_5_articleId=1183101&_EXT_5_groupId=14

The Diwali week [October 24] may witness changes! Initially, Subhash Ghai's YUVRAAJ and Ashtavinayak's GOLMAAL RETURNS were expected to arrive on that date, but according to trustworthy sources, YUVRAAJ won't make it in Diwali. Now's here's the new development: SRK's BILLU BARBER is confirmed for the Diwali week.

"That's true," Sunil Lulla of Eros tells me, "We are not releasing YUVRAAJ on October 24. But BILLU BARBER is definitely arriving on that date. That's for sure. As for YUVRAAJ, we need to work out a fresh date with Subhash-ji." Meanwhile, there's talk that even GOLMAAL RETURNS might be shifted ahead, although its producers, Shree Ashtavinayak, hasn't officially made a statement to that effect.

While on release dates, UGLY AUR PAGLI, which was confirmed for July 25, has been moved ahead. It will now arrive on August 1.

link: http://www.indiafm.com/news/2008/07/15/11676/index.html

Edited by Zareena - 08 January 2009 at 10:49pm

Zareena

IF-Stunnerz

Zareena

Posted: 08 January 2009 at 10:48pm | IP Logged
Who's the best?

The much talked-about war between Akshay Kumar and Shah Rukh Khan is soon going to be public. The war for the number one position will be at its peak when Shah Rukh Khan's Billoo Barber will clash with Akshay Kumar's Chandni Chowk to China at the marquee.

In the past couple of years, Akshay Kumar has delivered hits consistently and is said to be on par with Shah Rukh Khan in his box-office status and hence is a threat to SRK's numero uno throne. He is already the most sought after actor and that's why Nikhil Advani's film Chandni Chowk to China is tipped to be very hot in the trade circuit.

Keeping this in mind, according to trade insiders, the publicity strategy of Chandni... is planned in such a way that it would be able to hold on its own despite Shah Rukh's Billoo Barber releasing simultaneously. Knowing SRK, it is obvious that he will go all out to promote his film. So Akshay and Advani have already planned to start off with the teaser promo of their film to show with Akshay's film Singh Is Kinng. With both sides pitted equally, it's well worth the wait to check out who will win the battle.

Contributed by Kunal M Shah, Janhvi Patel and Harshita Kohli (Hill Road Media)

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?page=article§id=30&contentid=2008062420080624021709843de03a247

Zareena

IF-Stunnerz

Zareena

Posted: 09 January 2009 at 12:47pm | IP Logged
From an interview with Sukhwinder Singh

Which amongst your forthcoming songs are potential hits?

I have an interesting song Marjaani in Billoo Barber which is written by Gulzarsaab.

http://www.screenindia.com/news/Et-tu-Sukhwinder/335907/

Zareena

IF-Stunnerz

Zareena

Posted: 09 January 2009 at 12:48pm | IP Logged
Shah Rukh Khan goes to gaon

Actor Shah Rukh Khan is back shooting for films. In fact while he was busy at the IPL, SRK used to shoot for Priyadarshan's Billoo Barber , too. With just one schedule remaining, we guess the makers of this one are keeping a rather low profile.

It was not very long ago that the shooting schedule of this film was to take place in a village. Shah Rukh who plays a simple, aam aadmi in this movie { TIMES OF INDIAAAAA Bravo }, had no choice but to travel with the cast and crew to a village in North India where Viraasat was shot.

Apparently, sources close to us say that the one thing SRK hates is shooting in a village. After all, the actor is used to the lavish luxuries of life, and the close-to-no-facility areas provide much discomfort to him. A unit member informs us, "I don't know much about his likes and dislikes, but Shah Rukh is a sport. He adapted ok and didn't as much as complain even once. He was ready to do whatever it took for him to deliver! Also, he mingled well with one and all and didn't have any prolems. He went out of the way to make the locals there feel special."

Well, here's to the professional, who has returned to the luxuries of his home!

http://movies.indiatimes.com/articleshow/3164391.cms

Zareena

IF-Stunnerz

Zareena

Posted: 09 January 2009 at 12:49pm | IP Logged
Shah Rukh Khan's tantrums

26 Jul, 2008 06:00 am ISTlINDIATIMES MOVIES

There are standing instructions given to the catering guys of Billo Barber by Shah Rukh Khan's staff. Apparently, the star has categorically said that he will not touch food that is rich in oil.

Khan who has become a health freak after building muscles says that his wife too is fed up with his demands. "Its called taking liberties," he smiles. "Look, I'm not a big eater so whatever little I eat it better be healthy," says SRK.

Tossed veggies, grilled chicken, boiled dal and other bland stuff is what the King Khan is currently.

http://movies.indiatimes.com/articleshow/3279491.cms

Post Reply New Post

Go to top