Celebrity Fan Clubs

*~*~`* Billu Barbar Fanclub`*~`~*Stills PG 15 (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 39

Zareena

IF-Stunnerz

Zareena

Posted: 06 January 2009 at 6:30pm | IP Logged
Paresh Rawal-Priyadarshan part ways

The hit actor-director pair had problems over SRK in Billoo Barber

By Johnny Vaz . Buzz18 Apr 09, 2008

After making more than 12 movies together, Paresh Rawal and Priyadarshan have parted ways. They reportedly had some ego problems over Rawal's role in the director's forthcoming project Billoo Barber. The movie is being produced by Shah Rukh Khan's Red Chillies Entertainment and stars SRK, Juhi Chawla and Irrfan Khan.

A close source from Priyadarshan's camp said, "Paresh Rawal and Priyadarshan were very close friends and have delivered many hits together. Both have proved lucky for each other. Recently, Priyan called Paresh and told him about this role in the movie. But when Rawal found out that the film revolves around Shah Rukh and Irrfan and his role is not important, he asked Priyan for an explanation. Priyan told him to have faith in him but Paresh did not want to play such a small role and told him to get Manoj Joshi instead. Priyan was angry and he immediately replaced Rawal with Manoj."

Manoj completely unaware of all this said, "I don't know I have replaced Paresh Rawal but when my godfather told me I was to act in SRK's Billoo Barber, I obviously couldn't refuse. It's a good role. I am playing a village school manager. I cannot tell you the entire subject just yet."

http://buzz18.in.com/news/movies/rawalpriyan-part-ways/49741/0

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "*~*~`* Billu Barbar Fanclub`*~`~*Stills PG 15 (Page 6)" in Celebrity Fan Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

mariasrk

IF-Sizzlerz

mariasrk

Posted: 07 January 2009 at 12:18pm | IP Logged
hello any one here?

Zareena

IF-Stunnerz

Zareena

Posted: 08 January 2009 at 10:35pm | IP Logged
wow, i haven't update any articles from last 3 days.

hey maria, i am hereLOL

Zareena

IF-Stunnerz

Zareena

Posted: 08 January 2009 at 10:36pm | IP Logged
The Barber gets a wife

Irrfan Khan gets a screen wife at last. Lara Dutta has agreed to play the barber's wife in Billoo Barber, after Tabu and Ameesha Patel opted out

Ashwini Deshmukh

Priyadarshan's Shah Rukh starrer Billoo Barber has finally found the girl who will play the lead. After Tabu and Ameesha Patel walked out the film, Lara Dutta has been cast opposite Irrfan Khan who plays Billoo Barber.

Billoo Barber is a love story where Shah Rukh Khan will be seen playing himself. When contacted Priyadarshan, he said, "Yes, Lara has been signed for the film but it's too early to discuss anything at this point. I am excited about the project as I will be working on a completely different genre compared to my earlier films."

A well-placed source from the industry informed us, "Lara will play the central character opposite Irrfan Khan, but she will also be seen with SRK for a short while as he will appear in the film just before the interval. The film will go on the floors soon after the rest of the cast is finalised."

Earlier Tabu and Ameesha turned down the film because they felt that it was a miniscule role. Lara will play the village barber's (Irrfan Khan) wife. The film is loosely based on the friendship between Lord Krishna and Sudama.

Zareena

IF-Stunnerz

Zareena

Posted: 08 January 2009 at 10:38pm | IP Logged
(Make-up artiste Corey Walia).. adds that even though Lara Dutta is glammed up a lot of the time, she fits into the natural category. "I'm doing her look for Billoo Barber and I'm not allowed to do anything with her other than use kajal and lip balm. Her hair is in a plait and she has a sindoor in her parting, she's wearing a cotton saree, and it's 40 degrees but she's still glowing!"

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/3029384.cms

Zareena

IF-Stunnerz

Zareena

Posted: 08 January 2009 at 10:39pm | IP Logged
Irrfan excited about 'Billoo Barber'

Irrfan Khan is very excited about his role in Priyadarshan's Billoo Barber, produced by SRK's Red Chillies Entertainment, where he is playing the title role.

Khan becomes the first Indian actor to actually learn the art of hair-cutting () and "not hair-styling, mind you!" Irrfan stresses.

He adds, "I don't want to learn the barber's art at some posh salon in a 7-star hotel. That kind of hair-cutting I already know. I've done it to my kids.

A bona fide barber holds the scissors and the customer's hair in a particular manner. I'm actually going to sit with a roadside barber and observe him at work."

And who is Irrfan going to try his new skill on? He says, "As soon as I finish learning, you'll be the first person whose hair I'll cut and then probably Shah Rukh Khan, who is my co-star in Billoo Barber."

Irrfan is hugely kicked about his 'co-star' and he has much to learn from him. He says, "Shah Rukh is a real sport. He told me 'I'll dance in the film, while you do the acting'. He's so comfortable in his space and that's what I want to learn from him. That's the only plan I have for my career."

What really drew Irrfan to Priyadarshan was his film Kanjeevaram. He says, "He has been doing a slew of comedies because the market demanded that. Billoo Barber will take him into a different league.

It's a very moving story." Versatile that he is, Irrfan may just direct a film soon. He says, "I'll direct a film only if I find a story so compelling that I want to share it with the audience. It may come very soon."

http://www.filmicafe.com/news_detail.php?news_id=5926

Zareena

IF-Stunnerz

Zareena

Posted: 08 January 2009 at 10:40pm | IP Logged
Nobody can match Shah Rukh: Priyadarshan

Subhash K Jha, IANS
Saturday, May 24, 2008: (Mumbai):

Superstar Shah Rukh Khan and director Priyadarshan have hit it off big time, be it cinema or cricket.

"After working with him I understand why he is who he is. No one can match his energy, enthusiasm and passion for cinema. I'm already planning many more films with him," Priyadarshan told IANS.

Also, ever since Shah Rukh's Indian Premier League (IPL) team Kolkata Knight Riders won a Kolkata match last month that was attended by Priyadarshan, people have started calling him the actor's lucky mascot.

"Yes, they're saying I'm lucky for Shah Rukh. Thank god. Yes, Shah Rukh has asked me to attend more of his matches. But I've been shooting 'Billo Barber' whereas he has completed his work and has made time for the IPL," said Priyadarshan.

Many people who attended the match were surprised to see Priyadarshan sitting quietly in the audience.

"Even I was surprised to see myself there, but I went for Shah Rukh's sake. Fortunately, the Knight Riders won the match that day when I was there in Kolkata.

"Or people would've said I'm unlucky for Shah Rukh. Can't afford that image while I've cast him in the most unusual role of his career, and that too after four failed attempts to work with him."

Incidentally, Kolkata Night Riders are out of IPL matches.

http://movies.ndtv.com/newstory.asp?section=Movies&id=ENTEN20080050817

Zareena

IF-Stunnerz

Zareena

Posted: 08 January 2009 at 10:41pm | IP Logged
What SRK's Billo Barber is all about

April 10, 2008 12:00 IST

We have all heard about Shah Rukh Khan's [Images] new film, Billo Barber, to be directed by Priyadarshan [Images].

The director dips into the pool of Malayalam cinema for inspiration once again. This time, he picks last year's hit, Kadha Parayumbol, starring Sreenivasan and Mammootty.

Irrfan Khan [Images] will reprise Sreenivasan's role, while SRK [Images] will take up Mammootty's part.

Here's a preview of the film, and what you can expect from it.

The story is set in today's day and age. Billo (Irrfan Khan) plays a village barber. His business is running low because he has not been able to upgrade himself according to the changing trends.

One fine day, a film unit visits his village to shoot a movie. It stars a superstar (SRK), who was once Billo's school friend. All at once, Billo's status in the village changes, and he becomes highly respected.

Everyone wants him to meet the superstar. But Billo is unsure, as he feels he cannot compare to the superstar's status. Besides, he fears that the star may not recognise him.

A barber and a superstar

Since the film is made in Bollywood, Shah Rukh Khan will romance three girls -- Kareena Kapoor [Images], Deepika Padukone [Images] and Priyanka Chopra [Images]. Juhi Chawla [Images] will play Billo's wife.

The shooting for Billo Barber started on April 8 at Mumbai's surbuban Film City.

http://www.rediff.com/movies/2008/apr/10look.htm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top