Celebrity Fan Clubs
Celebrity Fan Clubs

India-Forums

*~*~`* Billu Barbar Fanclub`*~`~*Stills PG 15 (Page 5)

Zareena IF-Stunnerz
Zareena
Zareena

Posted: 06 January 2009 at 6:15pm | IP Logged
Irfan Khan Interview on Rediff

You are also working with Shah Rukh Khan in Billo Barber.

Yes. It is a remake of a Malayalam film called Kadha Parayumbol. I'm playing a barber; Shah Rukh plays my friend.

Have seen the Malayalam original?

No, I don't see the need to watch it. I totally trust [director] Priyadarshan. Besides, if I see the film, I will pick up something from there. I want to do everything of my own, as directed by my director.

Shah Rukh has a smaller role than you.

Yes, but it is an important one.

http://specials.rediff.com/movies/2008/apr/09sd3.htm
Zareena IF-Stunnerz
Zareena
Zareena

Posted: 06 January 2009 at 6:19pm | IP Logged
3-shift SRK starts new project

With his hands already full handling Star's big show Paanchvi Pass and his IPL team, Shah Rukh Khan has begun filming for his home production Billo Barbar.

"I began my schedule for the film on April 9. I have not worked out a look or anything for it as yet but I am doing all at the same time - this film, Paanchvi Paas and IPL. I believe in hard work, I love to work round the clock. I give six hours for the show, four for IPL and rest for the films.I will soon start work for my Yashraj film next month," reveals the Khan.

The film is a remake of the super hit Malayalam flick Katha Parayumbol. Priyadarshan is directing the movie. The first schedule is already underway in Mumbai.

The storyline of the film is based of the famous epic story of Krishna and Sudama's freindship. Shah Rukh plays a filmstar and Irrfan Khan the barbar (Billo).They are childhood friends but after growing up one becomes a star living in a city while his barbar friend lives in a small villlage. His financial condition is very poor so his wife played by Juhi Chawla suggests him to take help his film star friend. But the barber who is prides himself for his self respect doesn't do so.

Somehow the villagers come to know that he is a friend of film star and they start giving him special treatment. Co-incidentally one day the film star comes to shoot in the village and Billo is in two minds whether must reveal his identity to the film star. What happens next forms the crux of the story.

Kareena Kapoor and Deepika Padukone are supposed to be doing hot item numbers with SRK in the film which is supposed to release next year. In the orignal film, Mammothy played the role of the star and Sreenivas the barber. Priyadarshan's last hit Bhool Bhulaiyaa was also a remake of Chandramukhi.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/April/News_20080410_109
Zareena IF-Stunnerz
Zareena
Zareena

Posted: 06 January 2009 at 6:20pm | IP Logged
Deepika and Kareena sizzle in SRK's Next!
Item songs have become a crucial part of film promotions. The recently released Krazzy 4 had three item numbers done by Hrithik, SRK and Rakhi Sawant. Reportedly Karan Johar's forthcoming film will have two item numbers featuring Shilpa Shetty and Shah Rukh. And now two sexy sirens of Bollywood, Kareena Kapoor and Deepika Padukone will be seen in sizzling hot item numbers for Priyadarshan's Billoo Barber.

Reportedly Kareena, Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone will be opposite Shah Rukh Khan as he is plays an actor in the film. We have been informed that apart from a cameo, Kareena and Deepika will be doing item songs for this film. It can be recalled that before this Kareena has done an item number for her director friend Lovely Singh' Kya Love Story Hai.

A unit hand informs that Kareena has already shot for her part on Baisakhi at Mehboob studio. Her song has been choreographed by Ganesh Hegde while Deepika who is shooting for Siddharth Anand's Bachna Aye Haseeno will shoot later in this month.

Billoo Barber is an adaptation of the story between Lord Krishna and Sudama which will be produced by SRK's production house Red Chillies Ent. It's a story of friendship between two friends - one rich and the other a poor villager, which will have SRK in a completely new avatar. Apart from SRK, Irrfan Khan will be seen in a prominent role and Lara Dutta will be seen opposite Irrfan.

http://www.indiatarget.com/cgi-bin/detailnews.cgi?id=6890
Zareena IF-Stunnerz
Zareena
Zareena

Posted: 06 January 2009 at 6:23pm | IP Logged
Zareena IF-Stunnerz
Zareena
Zareena

Posted: 06 January 2009 at 6:23pm | IP Logged
Farah: Missing out on all the fun?

Director-choreographer Farah Khan must be experiencing mixed feelings right now.

While she is busy mothering her sweet little triplets, there are other choreographers helping Shah Rukh with his dance steps.

For Priyadarshan's Billoo Barber, a product of SRK's production house, it's Pony Verma who is choreographing all the dances in the movie.

"It's probably the first time that Farah Khan isn't choreographing for a Shah Rukh film," informs a unit member. But the new mom isn't complaining, and may also silently be planning a quick and effective comeback!

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/India_Buzz/Farah_Missing_out_on_all_the_fun/articleshow/2967609.cms
Zareena IF-Stunnerz
Zareena
Zareena

Posted: 06 January 2009 at 6:25pm | IP Logged
SRK grabs Akshay's role

Author: Upala KBR Date: 26 Apr 2008

Priyan initially approached Akki for Billoo Barber; SRK heard the story and wanted to produce and act

The Akshay Kumar-Shah Rukh Khan rivalry appears to have just got hotter. SRK claims that Billoo Barber, his next home production, directed by Priyadarshan, was initially offered to Akshay but the Khiladi refused it. Everyone knows that Akshay is one of Priyan's favourite actors so he was the first choice. But when Akki declined, SRK grabbed it.

Shah Rukh admits, "Billoo Barber was offered to Akshay Kumar but he turned it down. Priyan was doing another film with me. Then he spoke to me about Billoo Barber and asked me if I would do the 10-day role in the film. I asked him to narrate the story. I told him that I would not only act in it but even produce it."

Malayalam remake

The actor says he simply loved the script. "It's a story based on Krishna and his friend Sudama. It's a very sweet story. The thought is nice. But it's not fair to call it a Shah Rukh Khan film. It is about Irrfan Khan, his wife and two kids. Billoo Barber is a remake of a Malayalam film (Kadha Parayaumbol) and has been rewritten by the same writer. The Hindi rights are with us while the Tamil rights are with Rajnikanth. In Malayalam it was made with Mammooty."

About the film's cast and credits, SRK says, "The film has Irrfan Khan, Lara Dutta, Om Puri, Rajpal Yadav and Asrani Sir besides myself. Kareena has done a guest appearance. Deepika will also do a guest appearance and there might be another heroine. Music is by Pritam and lyrics by Gulzar."

When asked about Ameesha Patel and Tabu turning down the film, Shah Rukh points out, "I have been reading about all the actresses refusing the project but I would never lie to an actor to get them to do the role. I told Priyan Sir to tell them that it is not the greatest role in the world; but it is not a role that will go unnoticed. I told this to Urmila, Manisha, Juhi… Amisha didn't do the role because we thought she looks too young to play a mother with Irrfan. It wasn't like she left it or we threw her out. Tabu refused because she didn't like the role. Vidya (Balan) said no because she did not want to play a mother to two grown-up children. But the kids are 10 and 12 year olds they are not my age!"

Continues Shah Rukh, "When I sat down with Lara, I told her that you do certain roles because of the film and she agreed. Juhi and Rani have often told me 'I don't have a great role in the film, I am just doing the film because it's a very sweet film.' I believe in that… if the product is really good, everybody shines. I could be great in a film, but if it is not good, then it doesn't work. I really wanted to make Billoo Barber and Insha Allah we will release it by September."

However a source close to Akshay denies that he was offered Billoo Barber. "Priyan might have thought of approaching Akshay but he definitely did not offer it to him."

http://www.mid-day.com/entertainment/bollywood/index.htm?_EXT_5_articleId=1104298&_EXT_5_groupId=14

Zareena IF-Stunnerz
Zareena
Zareena

Posted: 06 January 2009 at 6:28pm | IP Logged
Shah Rukh Khan speaks about Billoo Barber

By Bollywood Hungama News Network, April 26, 2008 - 11:56 IST

Shah Rukh Khan's home production Billoo Barber directed by Priyadarshan has constantly been in the news mainly for its changes in the cast. With too many speculations doing the rounds, the superstar decided to set the facts straight about Billoo Barber once and for all.

According to SRK, the film is a sweet story of friendship which is quite similar to the bond shared between Krishna and Sudama. Irrfan Khan would be playing the title role of Billoo Barber while Shah Rukh would be seen in an important role in the film. Interestingly a lot of names including Juhi Chawla, Ameesha Patel and Tabu were considered for the part of Irrfan's wife but now it's finally Lara Dutta who has been finalized for that role.

The film which is a remake of a Malayalam film focuses mainly on the life of Irrfan Khan, his wife (Lara) and their two kids. The other cast members apart from Irrfan Khan, SRK and Lara Dutta include Om Puri, Rajpal Yadav and Asrani.

Khan also added that apart from the main cast, the two hot-n-happening beauties of Bollywood Kareena Kapoor and Deepika Padukone would also be seen in a guest appearance in the film.

With such a cast coming together, Billoo Barber is surely one of the keenly anticipated films of this year.

http://indiafm.com/news/2008/04/26/11293/index.html
Zareena IF-Stunnerz
Zareena
Zareena

Posted: 06 January 2009 at 6:29pm | IP Logged
"Theek hai, theek hai"

Kareena Kapoor has just danced with Shah Rukh Khan for the second time. It's for Priyadarshan's Billo Barbar. And its composer Pritam Chakraborty is sure that it will be a smash hit like Kareena's other item song 'Yeh Mera Dil' with Shah Rukh in Don. Says Pritam, "The Don song was a re-mix. My item song 'Theek Hai Theek Hai' sung by Sunidhi Chauhan and Sukhwinder for Kareena and Shah Rukh in Billo Barbar is an absolute original.

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/features/2008/05/02/3833/index.html

Go to top