Celebrity Fan Clubs

*~*~`* Billu Barbar Fanclub`*~`~*Stills PG 15 - Page 4

Zareena thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago
Deepika and Kareena sizzle in SRK's Next!
Item songs have become a crucial part of film promotions. The recently released Krazzy 4 had three item numbers done by Hrithik, SRK and Rakhi Sawant. Reportedly Karan Johar's forthcoming film will have two item numbers featuring Shilpa Shetty and Shah Rukh. And now two sexy sirens of Bollywood, Kareena Kapoor and Deepika Padukone will be seen in sizzling hot item numbers for Priyadarshan's Billoo Barber.

Reportedly Kareena, Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone will be opposite Shah Rukh Khan as he is plays an actor in the film. We have been informed that apart from a cameo, Kareena and Deepika will be doing item songs for this film. It can be recalled that before this Kareena has done an item number for her director friend Lovely Singh' Kya Love Story Hai.

A unit hand informs that Kareena has already shot for her part on Baisakhi at Mehboob studio. Her song has been choreographed by Ganesh Hegde while Deepika who is shooting for Siddharth Anand's Bachna Aye Haseeno will shoot later in this month.

Billoo Barber is an adaptation of the story between Lord Krishna and Sudama which will be produced by SRK's production house Red Chillies Ent. It's a story of friendship between two friends - one rich and the other a poor villager, which will have SRK in a completely new avatar. Apart from SRK, Irrfan Khan will be seen in a prominent role and Lara Dutta will be seen opposite Irrfan.

http://www.indiatarget.com/cgi-bin/detailnews.cgi?id=6890

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Zareena thumbnail
Srk has a tatoo for the movie

http://buzz18.in.com/photos/people/srk-has-a-new-tattoo/50521/1
Zareena thumbnail
Farah: Missing out on all the fun?

Director-choreographer Farah Khan must be experiencing mixed feelings right now.

While she is busy mothering her sweet little triplets, there are other choreographers helping Shah Rukh with his dance steps.

For Priyadarshan's Billoo Barber, a product of SRK's production house, it's Pony Verma who is choreographing all the dances in the movie.

"It's probably the first time that Farah Khan isn't choreographing for a Shah Rukh film," informs a unit member. But the new mom isn't complaining, and may also silently be planning a quick and effective comeback!

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/India_Buzz/Farah_Missing_out_on_all_the_fun/articleshow/2967609.cms
Zareena thumbnail
SRK grabs Akshay's role

Author: Upala KBR Date: 26 Apr 2008

Priyan initially approached Akki for Billoo Barber; SRK heard the story and wanted to produce and act

The Akshay Kumar-Shah Rukh Khan rivalry appears to have just got hotter. SRK claims that Billoo Barber, his next home production, directed by Priyadarshan, was initially offered to Akshay but the Khiladi refused it. Everyone knows that Akshay is one of Priyan's favourite actors so he was the first choice. But when Akki declined, SRK grabbed it.

Shah Rukh admits, "Billoo Barber was offered to Akshay Kumar but he turned it down. Priyan was doing another film with me. Then he spoke to me about Billoo Barber and asked me if I would do the 10-day role in the film. I asked him to narrate the story. I told him that I would not only act in it but even produce it."

Malayalam remake

The actor says he simply loved the script. "It's a story based on Krishna and his friend Sudama. It's a very sweet story. The thought is nice. But it's not fair to call it a Shah Rukh Khan film. It is about Irrfan Khan, his wife and two kids. Billoo Barber is a remake of a Malayalam film (Kadha Parayaumbol) and has been rewritten by the same writer. The Hindi rights are with us while the Tamil rights are with Rajnikanth. In Malayalam it was made with Mammooty."

About the film's cast and credits, SRK says, "The film has Irrfan Khan, Lara Dutta, Om Puri, Rajpal Yadav and Asrani Sir besides myself. Kareena has done a guest appearance. Deepika will also do a guest appearance and there might be another heroine. Music is by Pritam and lyrics by Gulzar."

When asked about Ameesha Patel and Tabu turning down the film, Shah Rukh points out, "I have been reading about all the actresses refusing the project but I would never lie to an actor to get them to do the role. I told Priyan Sir to tell them that it is not the greatest role in the world; but it is not a role that will go unnoticed. I told this to Urmila, Manisha, Juhi… Amisha didn't do the role because we thought she looks too young to play a mother with Irrfan. It wasn't like she left it or we threw her out. Tabu refused because she didn't like the role. Vidya (Balan) said no because she did not want to play a mother to two grown-up children. But the kids are 10 and 12 year olds they are not my age!"

Continues Shah Rukh, "When I sat down with Lara, I told her that you do certain roles because of the film and she agreed. Juhi and Rani have often told me 'I don't have a great role in the film, I am just doing the film because it's a very sweet film.' I believe in that… if the product is really good, everybody shines. I could be great in a film, but if it is not good, then it doesn't work. I really wanted to make Billoo Barber and Insha Allah we will release it by September."

However a source close to Akshay denies that he was offered Billoo Barber. "Priyan might have thought of approaching Akshay but he definitely did not offer it to him."

http://www.mid-day.com/entertainment/bollywood/index.htm?_EXT_5_articleId=1104298&_EXT_5_groupId=14

Zareena thumbnail
Shah Rukh Khan speaks about Billoo Barber

By Bollywood Hungama News Network, April 26, 2008 - 11:56 IST

Shah Rukh Khan's home production Billoo Barber directed by Priyadarshan has constantly been in the news mainly for its changes in the cast. With too many speculations doing the rounds, the superstar decided to set the facts straight about Billoo Barber once and for all.

According to SRK, the film is a sweet story of friendship which is quite similar to the bond shared between Krishna and Sudama. Irrfan Khan would be playing the title role of Billoo Barber while Shah Rukh would be seen in an important role in the film. Interestingly a lot of names including Juhi Chawla, Ameesha Patel and Tabu were considered for the part of Irrfan's wife but now it's finally Lara Dutta who has been finalized for that role.

The film which is a remake of a Malayalam film focuses mainly on the life of Irrfan Khan, his wife (Lara) and their two kids. The other cast members apart from Irrfan Khan, SRK and Lara Dutta include Om Puri, Rajpal Yadav and Asrani.

Khan also added that apart from the main cast, the two hot-n-happening beauties of Bollywood Kareena Kapoor and Deepika Padukone would also be seen in a guest appearance in the film.

With such a cast coming together, Billoo Barber is surely one of the keenly anticipated films of this year.

http://indiafm.com/news/2008/04/26/11293/index.html
Zareena thumbnail
"Theek hai, theek hai"

Kareena Kapoor has just danced with Shah Rukh Khan for the second time. It's for Priyadarshan's Billo Barbar. And its composer Pritam Chakraborty is sure that it will be a smash hit like Kareena's other item song 'Yeh Mera Dil' with Shah Rukh in Don. Says Pritam, "The Don song was a re-mix. My item song 'Theek Hai Theek Hai' sung by Sunidhi Chauhan and Sukhwinder for Kareena and Shah Rukh in Billo Barbar is an absolute original.

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/features/2008/05/02/3833/index.html

Zareena thumbnail
Paresh Rawal-Priyadarshan part ways

The hit actor-director pair had problems over SRK in Billoo Barber

By Johnny Vaz . Buzz18 Apr 09, 2008

After making more than 12 movies together, Paresh Rawal and Priyadarshan have parted ways. They reportedly had some ego problems over Rawal's role in the director's forthcoming project Billoo Barber. The movie is being produced by Shah Rukh Khan's Red Chillies Entertainment and stars SRK, Juhi Chawla and Irrfan Khan.

A close source from Priyadarshan's camp said, "Paresh Rawal and Priyadarshan were very close friends and have delivered many hits together. Both have proved lucky for each other. Recently, Priyan called Paresh and told him about this role in the movie. But when Rawal found out that the film revolves around Shah Rukh and Irrfan and his role is not important, he asked Priyan for an explanation. Priyan told him to have faith in him but Paresh did not want to play such a small role and told him to get Manoj Joshi instead. Priyan was angry and he immediately replaced Rawal with Manoj."

Manoj completely unaware of all this said, "I don't know I have replaced Paresh Rawal but when my godfather told me I was to act in SRK's Billoo Barber, I obviously couldn't refuse. It's a good role. I am playing a village school manager. I cannot tell you the entire subject just yet."

http://buzz18.in.com/news/movies/rawalpriyan-part-ways/49741/0

Zareena thumbnail
wow, i haven't update any articles from last 3 days.

hey maria, i am here😆
Zareena thumbnail
The Barber gets a wife

Irrfan Khan gets a screen wife at last. Lara Dutta has agreed to play the barber's wife in Billoo Barber, after Tabu and Ameesha Patel opted out

Ashwini Deshmukh

Priyadarshan's Shah Rukh starrer Billoo Barber has finally found the girl who will play the lead. After Tabu and Ameesha Patel walked out the film, Lara Dutta has been cast opposite Irrfan Khan who plays Billoo Barber.

Billoo Barber is a love story where Shah Rukh Khan will be seen playing himself. When contacted Priyadarshan, he said, "Yes, Lara has been signed for the film but it's too early to discuss anything at this point. I am excited about the project as I will be working on a completely different genre compared to my earlier films."

A well-placed source from the industry informed us, "Lara will play the central character opposite Irrfan Khan, but she will also be seen with SRK for a short while as he will appear in the film just before the interval. The film will go on the floors soon after the rest of the cast is finalised."

Earlier Tabu and Ameesha turned down the film because they felt that it was a miniscule role. Lara will play the village barber's (Irrfan Khan) wife. The film is loosely based on the friendship between Lord Krishna and Sudama.

Zareena thumbnail
(Make-up artiste Corey Walia).. adds that even though Lara Dutta is glammed up a lot of the time, she fits into the natural category. "I'm doing her look for Billoo Barber and I'm not allowed to do anything with her other than use kajal and lip balm. Her hair is in a plait and she has a sindoor in her parting, she's wearing a cotton saree, and it's 40 degrees — but she's still glowing!"

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/3029384.cms