•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 15 years ago
Yash Raj's New Lucky Mascot
By MM, 4 January, 2009
Yash Rajs New Lucky MascotEver since Yash Raj Films's downward slide was stopped in August 2008 with Siddharth Anand's Bachna Ae Haseeno, the Golden Temple of Amritsar is seen as a lucky mascot for the banner within the YRF offices.

Says one of their regular actors, "Yashji and Adi were extremely disturbed by the way things were going. Directors who debuted with the banner were either asked to leave, or deserted Yash Raj for greener pastures. Projects that Adi believed in bombed. What's worse these directors went around badmouthing the very people who gave them a chance to grow. It has been a trying time for Yash Raj."

Bachna… was a turning point. And then came Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi. The two successful films of Yash Raj, after a dismal row of flops had one thing in common - Amritsar and the Golden Temple.

Says a source, "Shooting in Amritsar for these two films was a conscious decision. Yashji has a deep-rooted attachment to the city. It was he who suggested that Siddharth Anand start the shooting of Bachna Ae Haseeno with shots of the Golden Temple. In fact Ranbir Kapoor was at that time busy promoting the just-released Saawariya. His time, to shoot in Amritsar, was taken from his promotional schedule. That's how important the Golden Temple was seen to be."

A still from Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi
After Bachna… worked, Adi Chopra returned to Amritsar and the Golden Temple for his own directorial venture Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi.

Debutant director Anuraag Singh, who's making a film about a female cricketer with Rani Mukerji and Shahid Kapur also shot in Amritsar, some of it at the same time as Aditya Chopra's own directorial vehicle.

Barring the next YRF release New York, which is set entirely in New York, all forthcoming Yash Raj Films, including Anuraag Singh's untitled film and Shimit Amin's Rocket Singh Salesman of the Year, are expected to accommodate Amritsar and the Golden Temple. "It's the mitti ki khushboo that's doing the trick," says an emotional member of the tight-lipped Yash Raj family.
http://filmicafe.com/news_detail.php?news_id=8848
Huh.........Now there will be controversies with the Temple being exploited and lots of hoo-haa over commercialization of these things...!

I had heard they r not going to give permission to shoot at the golden temple henceforth or sumthing? What happened to that??
good mascot, what better then Golden Temple?
good wishes to YRF camp....
Originally posted by togepe30

Huh.........Now there will be controversies with the Temple being exploited and lots of hoo-haa over commercialization of these things...!

I had heard they r not going to give permission to shoot at the golden temple henceforth or sumthing? What happened to that??

really? dint herad abt tht/// well if u r relling then the news might come in 3-4 days!😆
beautiful .. golden temple.. .. i hope to visit swarna mandir sometime ...

its good they shoot for a movie there and get babaji's blessing what more can they ask for
I have been there a few times each time i go to india its beautiful and can see why its lucky.

I do not think there will be a issue from what i know the gudwara only gives permission for a certain time to shoot and never let any normal person take a video camera in to film its one of their rules.

Edited by Ektas_Angel - 15 years ago