Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Will Kareena keep her top position this year?

Cursed~n~Broken thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
After the Box office disaster of Tashan (though Bebo got much appreciation for the film and her look), and the less than average results of Roadside Romeo, her only saving grace for 2008 was the super success of Golmaal Returns. Her competition(the bimbo brigade) - Bipasha(Race,Bachna Ae Haseeno) , Deepika (Bachna Ae Haseeno), Katrina(Race, Singh is King( and Priyanka(Fashion , Dostana) all excelled this year to the point where Priyanka's presence in two of the biggest disasters in the history of bollywood(Drona and Love story 2050) was ignored, and Katrinas acting ability proves no disability as even Yash Chopras wants to cast her in his film.

Bebo's performances garnered a medium response and this will probably be the first year in a long time where she will not be nominated.

Her future films(For 2009) include:
Main Aur Mrs Khanna
Billu Barber
Kambakkth Ishq
Rensil D'silva's film and
Three Idiots

But speculation is rife as to whether the queen will retain her throne, The item number in BB has received many positive reviews, but will do precious little for her.

Due to Salman's recent Box Office statistics, there is not much faith in MAMK - its long making process and frequently altered release date is working negatively against it instead of increasing the hype.

"KI" should be a guaranteed hit, but it is yet to be seen whether Kareena has anything to do in the film. From what we hear , all she is required to do is "look pretty in a big project".

Her award nominations for next year should be coming straight out of Rensil D'Silva and Raju Hirani, but the subject of terrorism(Rensil) has never been much of a box office winner, and her role in the Aamir flick is bound to be chopped by her scissor happy co-star -which means even though it is an enevitable hit - she may walk away from the film with nothing much.

Her line up for next year is even more promising, she has two action films with Saif, A romance with John, A Remake of an RK film, A comedy with Akshay and a priyadarshan film which is said to be along the lines of bridget jones.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ibelieveinpink thumbnail
She has good future projects, let's see how it go!
desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
They got 2009's project's right, but messed up 2010. She doesnt have any movies with John as Rumi's project seems to be shelved. One film with saif is action (Agent Vinod), but the one with Ashtavinayak was supposedly a comedy. This priyadarshan movie seems really promising. I just read a lil about it today. Seems like she plays a  klutz and the movie's based on her charactger.
This content was originally posted by: desigal90

They got 2009's project's right, but messed up 2010. She doesnt have any movies with John as Rumi's project seems to be shelved. One film with saif is action (Agent Vinod), but the one with Ashtavinayak was supposedly a comedy. This priyadarshan movie seems really promising. I just read a lil about it today. Seems like she plays a  klutz and the movie's based on her charactger.

The Rumi Project is still on, the dates have been adjusted - It is not confirmed whether John is still a part of the project or not.  The Ashtavinayak film with Saif is definitely action - both Saif and Kareena confirmed this /
byefor thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I think she will.She got great movies zs year.I feel Rensil's film will justify her talent.
Gur.N.cool thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 8
she will definitely rock this year!
already so much anticipation from billu barber
This content was originally posted by: Tashann

I think she will.She got great movies zs year.I feel Rensil's film will justify her talent.

Yeah she has a great role. she has even been quoted saying that it will make everyone forget Dev and Chameli.
desigal90 thumbnail
Really? Where did she say that?
This content was originally posted by: desigal90

Really? Where did she say that?

One of her television interviews, i think it was on NDTV.
It was just before Golmaal Returns released.
desigal90 thumbnail
I hoep its true. From past experience, I've learned to keep my expectations low, even when kareena makes such statements. I remember her saying something like, her role in mpkdh was a role to die for. So everytime she says something along the lines of, I have a role any actress would give her right ear, left leg, and both arms for...I dont fall for it, lol.
Lets see what she brings on in 2009! I sitll have high expectations from rensil's movie. And that movie  that Priyandarshan just announced...I hope its confirmed soon.