'SRK is always saying 'I'm Number One' -Aamir Khan

SecretKhabri420 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 15 years ago
Hi friends,

'SRK is always saying 'I'm Number One'
1 Jan 2009, 0000 hrs IST, TNN

Aamir Khan is in fighting mode. And his audiences are loving it.

Aamir Khan (TOI Photo) More Pics

Suddenly, the once-media-shy, controversy-evading, introverted Aamir is out there like a Bollywood Rambo ' all guns (shooting from the lip included) blazing. And this just ain't in his latest release - which has broken every Box Office record opening and likely to be a highest grosser ever; It's off-screen as well. And his critics and co-stars better run for cover when AK turns his AK-57 on them and fires back. Given his strategic, thinking mind, he'll probably outgun every rival in the 'hit back' department.

In a no-holds barred, honest-to-the-core tete-a-tete with ZOOM Editor-in-Chief, Omar Qureshi, he lets his fashionable hair down for some gem-de-la-gems. Sample this: About Katrina Kaif saying that he has among the best physiques, "I'm flattered by what Katrina said. But if you will ask me, I like John's physique. I think he's got a great physique. I think Salman has got a great physique."

On making up with the media: There was a time in the middle for about two and half years that I kept away from media as I didn't know how to deal with them. I do understand that media has an important role to play. I would like to give them value.

On the possibility of making up with 'Award functions': The things that I value, I like to give time and energy too. As far as media is concerned its very important to engage them as I'm part of it. Do I have issues? Yes I have. But if I want society to change, I have to engage with it. I can't just keep away from it. The same thing I feel about media. If there are issues, it's not good to just keep away from them.Just engage with them. As far as award ceremonies are concerned, I have nothing against them. I've been to the Oscars; I've been to the BAFTA. I have absolutely no problem in going to certain award functions.

On whether he'd let his son Junaid enter movies? It's entirely his decision. Whatever Junaid and Aira would like to do; and anything they do, Reena and I would support them.

The best punches of course, were reserved for Shah Rukh, as Aamir cut loose: I think Shah Rukh enjoys taking Potshots at me. And he's been doing this over years. Which I really enjoy well... So, I thought why not to reply to him as well.

And the kayo: SRK is always saying 'I'm Number.One, I'm Number One...' I've been hearing this for the last twenty years. I've never heard Lata Mangeshkar saying it. Or Sachin Tendulkar saying it. Or Mr. Bachchan saying he's Number One. I think if you're Number One, there's no need to say it.

(Catch this explosive Aamir encounter on ZOOM on tonight at 8 pm; Jan 2 at 3 pm and Jan 4 at 12.30 pm)

Link:

Edited by farislove - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-koiza- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
totally...srk is too self centered..n ya hez always praising himself ...

im soo happy aamir finally proved him that hez alot bigger brand than srk...cheers to aamir n his performance...hopefully srk will get an even bigger reality check when all the awards will be given to aamir this year..
laksh_kt thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Koizakapoor

totally...srk is too self centered..n ya hez always praising himself ...

im soo happy aamir finally proved him that hez alot bigger brand than srk...cheers to aamir n his performance...hopefully srk will get an even bigger reality check when all the awards will be given to aamir this year..

aamir is definaly not bigger than srk and he has not proved anything... ghajni got Success  so DID  rab ne bana di jodi..its not like ranb ne bana di jodi FLOPPED

-samira
crazy fanatic thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
lol, Amir is lame. SRK hardly calls himself number 1, it's the media. After the media SRK started jokingly doing that. And Amir called himself number 1 too earlier this year.

He's tasted success of this magnitude for the first time in 20years of his career, so it's getting to his head.πŸ˜†
Edited by crazy fanatic - 15 years ago
Why SRK never speaks rude about Aamir?, only people who r not sure about them selves, talk about others, just like what Aamir is doing, no offence, but Aamir is the one who is proud of him self, all the time after SRK just to show his frustration, just coz SRK won over him on 2006 filmfare awards for DDLJ over Rangeela, he is showing his frustration on not attending awards functions, otherwise he used to attend awards functions earlier, I saw both ''Dilwale Dulhanya Le Jayengee'' and ''Rangeela'', no offence to him or his fans, I like Aamir too, but ''Rangeela'' can't even stand a bit to most of SRK's films, SRK is far away bigger star than Aamir and better actor as well and that is my POV.............

Waise SRK tasted the success from the day one from his career til date, but Aamir just started to taste it recently even being him in this field before SRK, it seems he is showing his old frustration on SRK and can't believe that he is successful now!.........

Edited by farislove - 15 years ago

Originally posted by: crazy fanatic

lol, Amir is lame. SRK hardly calls himself number 1, it's the media. After the media SRK started jokingly doing that. And Amir called himself number 1 too earlier this year.

He's tasted success of this magnitude for the first time in 20years of his career, so it's getting to his head.πŸ˜†

Exactly!........

biswita thumbnail

Originally posted by: farislove

Exactly!........

Really? Methinks Aamir first tasted success 20 years with his debut film QSQT. Don't know if you were around at that time, but you have no idea how much hysteria it evoked.
Zareena thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Aamir has totally lost it!! I can't understand one thing, WHY is he Bringing Srk in his every single interview? LOL!!! Is aamir so insecure to take SRK name in his every interview?
brownies thumbnail
Are you joking me?! Aamir has always had the same sort of "stardom" that SRK has had. The only differences are that SRK is a good businessman whereas Aamir concentrates on his craft. Aamir is an ACTOR and Shah Rukh is a STAR. Shah Rukh endorses stuff left and right whereas Aamir is casreful w/ his selections...

Aamir tasted success like this with his debut film QSQT....but always kept his head screwed on right. Shah Rukh, not so much. Plus Aamir has brought a sense of realism into film whereas all Shah Rukh is good for is dancing around trees like an idiot and acting like a teenager on-screen at the age of 43.

Props to Aamir!

Originally posted by: crazy fanatic

aamir's funny
i luv himm..lol
but i like srk too
seriously..lolz this khan war is so funny