CFC Monthly Times!

the_charm thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Happy New Year guys! Hope you have a wonderful year ahead!
Welcome to CFC Monthly Times! We'd again like to thank you for the support and love you've given!
For the new members of CFC, here are some must check topics.

Member's Slambook!! Enter a bit about yourself to get a start!
*CFC Archive Mansion* All Information and Guidlines along with past events are here!!
*List of Fanclubs*  All links to diffrent fanclubs here!

Now let's begin the NL with our gupshup!

Let's see what our members have to say about us! Here's an interview with Sara aka sara_ea!

• Since when have you been a part of CFC?
I've been a part of the CFC ever since a few months after i joined IF and since DMG started and they made a Karan-Shilpa FC ...So i was going there often...Well nearly everyday ...2much addiction
  •  Can you give us an insight into your first visit to CFC?
Yeh i was trying to look for some news and new pictures of bollywood Actors/Actresses and so i was going through some FC's and looking at member posts and found there was some good members and the Fc's were enjoyable
  • What was the thing that made you continue visiting CFC?
The friends i made and how some of the Fc's i was a member of were always active and were always people there hyper and fun to talk to  And gossip about the episode
  •   What's the best thing about CFC?
Best thing about CFC is that it can cheer you up whatever your mood is and if your looking to make friends and talk about your opinions on someone then there's always someone there and eventually you find a member who has similar opinions like you
  •  If you could change one thing about CFC, what would be it?
I don't think i would like to change anything about CFC its fine the way it is
  • Given a chance to hold an innovative contest in CFC, what contest would you do?
I have no idea ! Maybe right a letter to a celebrity telling them how much you love them or something  Aint gud at this
  •  Which is your favorite FC?
Umm all of them are good in their own way..but cus i was a member there it wud have 2 be KaranShilpa heaven
  •  What would you say about the dev. team members of CFC?
I think there doing a great job,And are doing there responsibilities well. They are making the most to give you a great cfc section...Well done
  •  Your most memorable moment in CFC?
When the heaven had a party and everyone was hyper n stuff..Unforgettable day

Thank You Sara for the interview! :)

Now moving on to our next section that is Celebrity Corner, Gossip and News!

Movie Review:

Welcome to DB's Monthly Movie Corner. This Month's Review is on the New Shahrukh Khan & Anushka Sharma Movie, Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi. In my personal opinion the movie was very unique in terms of storyline and was also quite common. It potrayed a Ordinary Jodi, the girl Tanni who was married off to a Boring Person Named Surinder in Amritsar.  One thing which irritated me a lot while watching the movie was the amount of silence gaps. That made it seem really dull and frustrating. As this is a Yash Raj Film i expected a lot more than which was given. Don't get me wrong but the acting done by Shahrukh and Anushka was brilliant. The songs were just fantastic but i thought the storyline was a bit to werid and unusual.

It Story revolves around Tanni and how she can't fall in love with her husband Surrinder. Surrinder is a boring and "Slow" Person, but he unknowingly falls for Tanni. He is so determained to gain her love that, he allows her to join a dancing competition, but at the same time, changes his getup and clothing and secretly goes to watch his wife dance. Due to this on going procedure, the contest holds another turn. All partipants are to be paired up and as its "Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi" Tanni and The "New" Surrinder get paired together. He tells tanni his name is Raj, so the series of lies start from there. Raj is completly diffrent from Surrinder therfore Tanni starts to smile and laugh after ages. The one thing which was bizare was, She didn't recongize Raj as her own Husband.

Soon Raj Confesses his love for Tanni, but tanni tells him she is married. At one point she is ready to run off with him, but at the end she realises that Surrinder is her husband and is had done a lot for her. So she stays. As we know that Raj is Surrinder, he is melted by this thought and tells Tanni the Truth. Both live Happily ever after. Well i would rate the movie 6/10 for acting/storyline/song/dance etc. I think the stroyline and stage directing was were the movie lost marks, but to me it wasn't a full passa vasul.

The Song Rankings are as follows:

1) Tujh Mein Rab Dikhta Hai
2) Dance Pe Chance
3) Haule Haule

Funniest Scene of the Movie:

1) Scene where Tanni swears her head off at a fellow competetor and beats her in a bike race. (Dhoom 3 style๐Ÿ˜† - Hilarous Scene)

Romantic Scene of the Movie:

1) Where Raj Confesses his love for Tanni using Lights in the city. (sky line view)

Best Choregraphy:

1) Dance Pe Chance

Here is the Making of Dance Pe Chance.

I think the Movie really potrayed Shahrukh is a diffrent role to what we see him, and he shows to complete diffrent roles in one movie. But i seriously thought the Choegraphy for Tujh Mein Rab Dikhta Hai was soo Lame. They showed "Raj" in his Gelled modern hair dancing like a maniac to a lovely romantic song. It really didn't correspond and that was a Negative Point. I think Anushka was just awesome, She really did play the role of a typical housewife but also potrayed the role of an determained and entusaiastic charecter. She did this with full 100%. Well Done Anuskha!!

Here is a Trailer for you to catch:

*NOTE: // - All Reviews are Done on Opinions based by dramaholic, So if anything said is not appreicated by you, please remember we aren't the box office, but normally viewers like you and we also have rights to hold our views๐Ÿ˜†.

Gossip Corner:

Delhi 6 trailer starring Sonam & Abhishek:

Check out the trailer of Delhi 6 starring Sonam Kapoor and Abhishek Bachchan. You can listen to the soulful music rendered by A.R Rahman in the background.

https://in.youtube.com/watch?v=OkG1EGsrqts

Aamir Khan on his eight-pack abs:

Aamir Khan is looking stunning these days, while other Khans are sporting six-pack abs, Aamir has gone two pack ahead with his physique.

Aamir reveals the secret behind his ripped Ghajini look. Read below to know more:

Talking about his physique Aamir says, "I needed this kind of physique because the kind of action you see me doing, you will believe I am capable of only because of my body.""It took three hours of workout every day. I began on March 15, 2007, one day after my birthday, and it went on till April 21, 2008, I learnt a lot about fitness in this period. And how far I can push myself."

"All credit goes to my physical trainer Satyajit Chaurasia and diet by Dr. Vinod Durandhar. The workout was a cycle of three days'" "Mondays I did chest and back, Tuesdays I worked on the arms, and Wednesdays I exercised my shoulders and legs. Then I would repeat the cycle. This included cardio every day of between half-hour to an hour."

"I did abs to work the core muscles and get the six-pack, say 1,000 crunches. On days when I felt good, I would push myself more. There was no time to think' because I'd be screaming in pain!" "I was particular about getting eight hours of sleep. No matter what time I went to bed, I'd get eight hours, then get up and start training." It was tough, because I was into post production for Taare Zameen Par at the time.

And I'd finish my workouts, shower, crash out for a while to regain strength, then go to work." "It was a balanced diet, one-third fat, one-third carbs, one-third protein, but normal food, rotis, rice, sabzis, chicken, 16 egg whites, fruit, and four litres of water. All cooked in three teaspoons of oil." "No, not olive oil. There was no sugar, no potatoes, no bananas, no red meat, no egg yolks and no fried stuff. The diet changed every month." "In the last week and before I went on the sets of Ghajini, I cut down salt. And the last three days, I took myself to the brink of dehydration by having just one glass of water a day. This cut that last bit of fat. And the body looked lean and ripped."

So guys now you know how to get that lean mean Aamir Khan's look from Ghajini.

Orginal Artical from https://bollywood.celebden.com/

Arjun Rampal Refuses the Role of a Daddy:

Arjun Rampal in reality is a doting father to his two young daughters but in reel life he doesn't want to play father of two kids and that's the reason he turned down Meghna Gulzar's next directorial film. A close source tells, "Meghna was keen to cast Arjun in a very important role, but Arjun said he did not want to be cast as the father."

Producer Savita confirmed the news, "Arjun did turn down the role. We have two kids in the film aged ten and eight. Arjun did not want to play a father to two kids."

Savita includes, "After Rock On!! Maybe he wants to maintain a certain image and we respect that. However we are talking to Arjun for some other movies. We would love to have him on board for one of our forthcoming projects."
Well, It's a question of an image.

Thats all for This Month's Gossip!๐Ÿ˜ณ
Thanks DB

And here comes our new sengment called Old is Gold

Old is Gold
Welcome to the Old is Gold section. This time we'll recommend you one old Hindi movie to watch.

Mera Naam Joker

Acted, produced and directed by Raj Kapoor and written by K.A. Abbas, this movie is inspired by Raj Kapoor's own life. The story is about a child Raju whose father died while performing in the circus. Raju walks on his father footsteps and becomes a clown. Throughout the movie you will see a sad yet a happy Raju whose duty is to make others laugh in spite of his own break-ups and his mother's death. It is one of those sad stories that'll make you cry till you have no tears left. The acting by Raj Kapoor is simply fantabulous and realistic. Others such as Simi Garewal, Dharmendra, Kseniya Ryabinkina and Padmini is also awesome. This movie also marks the debut of Rish Kapoor. The songs  like Jaane Kahan Gaye Woh Din and Jeena Yahan are really heart-touching besides the wonderful songs like Mera Naam Joker and E Bhai Zara Dekh Ke Chalo. This is one of the must watch old movies.

Now something for our wonderful members of CFC! Yes, it's time for the Achievements!

Active Member Of The Month

This title goes to... {adilver}
Congratulations! Here's your prize!

Thank you for being a active member of CFC! :)

Now it's time for the FC Of The Month!

The FC of the month is...Aamir FC!
Congratulations!

Now, though they believe that their FC isn't quite active, but we must say that the FC is really well maintained, neat and clean! If anyone would like to join the FC, here's the link: 
Aamir FC - ITA Felicitation..Pg -130

And now.. Helpful Member Of The Month!

This title goes to...Saheli!

This member was chosen as told by the fellow members!
The next name might be yours, so always offer a helping hand to the fellow members of the FC!

Now it's time for our next section!

Celebrity Of The Month

Salman Khan is our new Star of the Month.

Salman Khan had four releases this year two of them with his lady love Katrina Kaif and none of the four seemed to make an huge impact on the box office. 

Salman started the year off with God Tussi Great Ho starring some of Bollywood's best: Amitabh Bachchan, Priyanka Chopra and Sohail Khan starred along Salman Khan in this comedy. The film is loosely based around the Hollywood movie Bruce Almighty. With a stellar star cast like this you would assume the movie would fare pretty well in the box office. Audiences have shown that it doesn't take a stellar star cast to pull in a crowd. The film received a luke warm response but didn't go on to be a hit as Salman would've liked. God Tussi Great Ho was Salman's first flop of the year and things didn't get any better from here.

Salman held a mini role in the multi star cast Hello which didn't seem to do much for his career. The film starred Katrina Kaif, Sohail Khan, Eesha Koppikar, Sharman Joshi, Amrita Arora and Gul Panag. The film was based off the novel "One Night at the Call Centre". Salman doesn't have a pivotal role in the film but even if he did he couldn't have turned this box office dud into a hit.

Samir Karnik's Heroes turned out to be a tad better than Salman's previous two flops. The film was appreciated and well received by most. Preity Zinta and Salman Khan came together once again with tremendous performances. Salman plays an Indian Sikh military officer leaving behind a wife, a son and his parents after a horrible accident that took his life. Though having a limited role Salman was widely appreciated by the audience and critics.

Subash Ghai's Yuvraaj was one of the most anticipated movies of the year. Salman the main lead was cast along with Anil Kapoor, Katrina Kaif, Boman Irani and Zayed Khan. Though being given a luke warm response by critics and the audience the film didn't seem to make a huge impact on the box office. 

And who get forget the Khan war that broke out on Katrina Kaif's birthday? On July 19th, things took a turn for the worst. Salman and Shahrukh two of bollywood's biggest superstars got into a heated argument. The two shared some angry words. Salman was reported to have insulted SRK's show Kya Aap Paanchvi Pass Se Tez Hai. Shahrukh than reportedly fired back bringing Aishwarya Rai Bachchan into the mess. Salman didn't seem to take too lightly of his comments and things took a turn for the ugly. Aamir Khan and others were forced to step in and break up this encounter. For those who hoped to see the two together on the big screen shouldn't hold their breath as it doesn't look like it will be happening anytime soon. The fight has split the bollywood industry into two camps: Camp Salman and Camp Shahrukh. 

Salman Khan has some interesting releases lined up for 2009.
Main Aur Mrs. Khanna starring Salman alongside Kareena Kapoor is to be released February 13th. Wanted Dead or Alive features Salman with Ayesha Takia. London Dreams and Veer are also reported to release last next year. We wish Salman all the best with his upcoming releases and hope they fare better than this releases in 2008.

Salman will be ringing in the New Year celebrating his 43rd birthday on December 27th. We wish Salman all the best and hope the New Year does him some good!

Before leaving, we want you all to check the following topics!

PHOTW #8 - Aishwarya Rai!
 DOTW: Friendship in Tinsel Town
CFC: |[ Game of the Week - The Person Below
*Question Of the Week: [C]eleb [C]ouples*

Now, time to end the edition with the Credits!

Banners and Labels - *::.Kaju.::*
Active and Helpful Member Siggys - *::.Kaju.::*
Must Check Topics - dramaholic
Gupshup Corner - the_charm
Celebrity Corner, Gossip and News - dramaholic
Rab Ne Banadi Jodi Review - dramaholic
Old is Gold - the_charm
Achievements - the_charm and fellow members
Celeb of The Month - preity*zinta
Important links - the_charm
Original Format of NL - dramaholic

So Ta Ta! Hope you enjoyed reading the NL! We are always open for suggestions! Post your suggestions and comments here or PM to dramaholic, the_charm or preity*zinta. If you'd like to see any new segments, do let us know!

See you next time! Wishing you all a very very happy, healthy and prosporous New Year!

The Celebrity Fan Clubs Monthly Times Team
-Dilbagh, Swati and Ghungroo-

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

JennyPenny thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Great work!

Saru, amazing answers๐Ÿค—
SecretKhabri420 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 9

WOWWWWWWWWW, yuppppppi, Aamir the film is the FC of the week! ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ˜ƒ ๐Ÿ˜ณ, congrats chotti for being the helpful member of the week! ๐Ÿ‘

Edited by farislove - 15 years ago
jenny0007 thumbnail
marvelous  FC
AAMIR .............................FC ........Rock .congratzon.....................
preity*zinta thumbnail
glad you guys liked :)
Gagan-06 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Amazing Newsletter!!!!

Keep up the good work!!!

Siddhi_ thumbnail
Thankss!! Salman is star of the month!! WOW!!! =)
priya185 thumbnail
awesome newsletter well written