I've Achieved.. {tribute to 2008}

Bollywood_chic thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 15 years ago

As 2008 draws to an end, i was just thinking about everything i have achieved this year...

Everyone must have done something that they are proud off. If in 10 years time someone asks you to say the best bits about 2008 wat would you say?
well i would say:

2008 will b a year to remember because i; Went on a 5 day hike, i carried a 10-14kg backpack on a 15km hike, i abseiled down a 18metre cliff face, i canoed down Mitchell River, I walked down the Eiffel Tower, i went to Malaysia by my self for 2 weeks, i rode an elephant..
and most of all i have made so many new friends this year...
and this happened all because i had self-confidence and i believed in god..

So my aim here is that i want to know that, 
if someone were to ask you wat the best bits of 2008 were then wat would they be?

It doesn't have to be as adventourous as mine... it could be simple things, like passing a subject, making friends, falling in love..
anything,,,

Plz do answer to the question, i would love to know everyones achievements and great moments of in my opinion an amazing year...

xxSonia

Edited by Bollywood_chic - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Catwoman thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Wow Sonia that soooo cool

will update later... need to think lol so much

Love Kat
Veiledbeauty thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Hey Sonia! Cool topic... The past year was awesome for me and the coming year is going to be even better, if Allah wills :).

Lets see... I'm just gonna go off into a rant here so hehe.. don't mind.

1. I memorized more Quran this year than I ever did in my life.
2. I learned Arabic.
3. I became more... outgoing, yet I'm still shy.
4. I made wonderful friends.
5. I learned so much about the world that I never knew: Guantanamo, Iraq, Palestine... In short, I watched more documentaries this year than I EVER did hehehe..
6. I became more... mature and less quarrelsome and argumentative, well with people which waste your time arguing with you.
7. I  stopped wasting time... Kinda... I'll get better at it next year :P
8. I got rid of ALL the negative thoughts of the future from my mind and turned them into positive thoughts...
9. I've improved my writing skills :) and hope to improve them further.
10. I've stopped backbiting... Just need a little more practice :)
11. I learned so much about Islam this year... it's been life transforming!

A lot more... I can't even think of them all :S...

Would love to hear everyone elses!
Edited by Veiledbeauty - 15 years ago
nyla_193 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
wow Sonia seems like you did a lot in 2008!! Ok lets see what have i done.....

1) I have become a lot more mature (kinda hehe)
2) I have grown like 3 inches...ok you might think this is hardly an achievement but since im short compared to my friends...it is for me ๐Ÿ˜†
3) I have climbed Ben Nevis
4) Made loads of new friends
5) Stopped gossiping ( mostly lol )
6) Since im getting older school work has piled on (a lot) but i have had a positive attitude and tried my best at getting it done without complaint (most of the time)
7) Read Qu'ran a lot more frequently (ok that should be number one lol)
8) I ran in a 2 mile marathon and stayed silent for 1 whole day (thats a lot for me lol) and in total raised 2000 pounds for breast cancer by myself!!
9) i have worked in a hospital for a total of seven weeks this whole year...not a lot but not many hospitals let 15 year olds in lol but in that time i have learnt a lot about medicine and now i know i definitely want to become a doctor...InshAllah

thats all i can think of so far...not as interesting as most people's but i had fun lol
Edited by nyla_193 - 15 years ago
Veiledbeauty thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Oh oh... I helped out in the first grade class at the Islamic school here this year.. and its FUN!! I love the kids :):). It's awesome when you can be an older sister or "guide" for little kids.

OH!! My aunt and uncle adopted a baby girl from Pakiland (they can't have their own) and she is the spark of the year!! The most adorable kid ever... always smiling and making everyone else smile ๐Ÿ˜Š
hinz thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 9
great topic Sonia

i think this yr has been amazingly significant for me
one of the best yrs of my life
got a long list,but for starters
its the friends i've met here on IF.....
will be back wid more soon

ok back

1)celebrated a big milestone anniversary in Jan 2008
2)Got made redundant at work unfortunately but got a nice pay package ,so all good
3))found work within a week, awesome!
4)started writing out of frustration,not encouragement lolz
took to writing as an addiction to update everyday๐Ÿ˜†
5)made some fabulous friends on the DMG forum throughout my initial writing period
none active now tho
6)april I joined the Oasis ,made the very best of friends there,love the place!
7)easter time went to Saudi to perform pilgrimage and visit my parents there
had a great 2 weeks break with fam
8)June i met nj on the ff forum,one of the best experiences of my life
9) bought a house in July ,made my first birthday post for nj
10) visit to India all august,had a fab time wid fam and friends
11)first Ramadan in my new house a whole new experience
12)got elected treasurer of school
13)nov met nij ,crazy bond in a few days
14) dec ,had a great b'day

thats almost an account for all the events through 2008
best of all being making great friends on the ff forum
and having a great time always

love
Hina

love
Hina

Edited by hinanaziri - 15 years ago
Bollywood_chic thumbnail
aww...
thanks so much for those few who answered the questions.. Hina.. Zuzu.. Kat... and nyla_13 (sorry hun.. no idea wat ur name is)
would love to hear more..
: )

xxSonia
Bollywood_chic thumbnail
*thanks to whoever made it  a sticky*
perfectpiscean thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Awww Awesome topic Sonia! =)

Will be back to edit soon...xo
masin thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
o woww...i luvv this topicc
awesome idea sonia!!!
so here i go:
-my sis got engaged a day after my bday..well her rishta was confirmed on the day of my bday (so tht was really special and memorable fr me)
-sis got married in the summer...loads of fun i must say!!!!
-aunt and uncle from pakiland visited, cuzin frm the states visited (all fr the wedding..lols)
-graduated from gr.8...soo kinda sadd cuz my frnds and i were splitting up..but i mean im all good now :)
-good grades...lollss..keeping them up for hi skool
-watched tonzz of movies
-became more religious...well..i dunt go to my sunday skool anymore..but have been doing better "religiously" than i expected
-went to clifton hill, niagra falls after ages
-bid farewell to my aunt whos been living here for a while...and now they're moving to dubai fr good
-have been volunteering lately...tonzz of fun
-in gr.8 i was a part of the special olympics at my skool..(so we had games fr the autistic children)
-and simply enjoyed every bit of this year....luvved it....and can't thank Allah enough for such a wonderful year

and so i can go on and on and on...i had a blast this year

yes there were times wen i got mad, angry, pissed off, i swore (like cussed), i was in crappy moods, i cried (sumtimes fr the good, sumtimes fr the bad), but overall i had fun!!

i mean getting al sulky at times, and being in a really bad mood wasnt the best thing i did...but i mean i always regretted it..and prayed fr forgiveness and all that...but i guess wht i wanna say is that iv been naughty (and not inappropriate naughty) and nice this year...lols.....but i mean 2008 was an extremely special year for me!!!!!!!!!!

so here's me wishing everyone on I-F and this section a very happy new year..hope 2008 was a blast fr u guys just as much as it was for me (even more perhaps), and all the best for 2009...may this bring health and prosperity in all your lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(btw...i usually just read ffs on this forum..lols..so im a silent member u cud say)

luv u all
best wishes
Samra