Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

sweetsang

Goldie

sweetsang

Posted: 29 December 2008 at 10:48pm | IP Logged
shud parents relize that family is not the only  prority /importance in a prsons life,.....we oll knw family is important... but frnds and social commitments are important too..
i have raed so many times that  we are not allowed to go out wid frnds  ...they say school and home ..family is important nt frnds
 u guys agree

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "shud parents relize that family is not the only" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 31 December 2008 at 1:44pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

karandel_2008

IF-Rockerz

karandel_2008

Posted: 31 December 2008 at 4:00pm | IP Logged
Yes, you are right that friends are important as well. The problem is that parents try to do what they think is best for their kids. Whereas that might be conflicting with what the kids like. Moreover, parent's friends are important for them, but if it comes to kids's friends then they may have different opinion. Of course we will know more in our time when we will become parents and will have to handle some little monstersBig smile.

On the other hand, you should realize that people outside are not what they appear to us. A friend can cheat and it happens more often than not. Luckily not happened to me till now, but I never trust anyone more than required. Even brothers and sisters cheat each other and we are just talking about friends.

On the other hand, I have rarely heard of fathers and mothers cheating their son or daughter. This is because of the direct blood relation. In case of problems, parents will be the first ones who will come for help and the surety is almost 100%. Whether this is true with friends, you will come to know with experience.
One of the major lifetime goals of parents is to see their children happy and I dont think so that to see us happy is one of the major lifetime goals (it may be minor) of our friends.

Edited by karandel_2008 - 31 December 2008 at 4:11pm

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 01 January 2009 at 3:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sangeetarangdal

shud parents relize that family is not the only  prority /importance in a prsons life,.....we oll knw family is important... but frnds and social commitments are important too..
i have raed so many times that  we are not allowed to go out wid frnds  ...they say school and home ..family is important nt frnds
 u guys agree

I'd like to know what exactly is your definition of "friend"

sweetsang

Goldie

sweetsang

Posted: 09 January 2009 at 4:17pm | IP Logged
i mean frnds as in pple in ur social life...high school budies..uni frnds ne1

chal_phek_mat

chal_phek_mat

Posted: 09 January 2009 at 5:00pm | IP Logged
As long as the parents are providing, they are most important, if they say dance one should dance, if they say laugh one should laugh. But look at the brighter side you get to play the same god to your kids too, so no need to be sad, it is actually fun if you are on the giving sideWink

umrao_jaan

Goldie

umrao_jaan

Posted: 09 January 2009 at 11:21pm | IP Logged
I don't think its a question of friends being important than family in this situation. the situation is one of parents not allowing children to go out and socialize with friends. This is more a question of TRUST.

From dumb animals-parents try to protect their children. It's natural that parents should wish to protect their children. The problem arises when they cross the fine line between protection and over-protection.

This situation is one of over protection and the problem is one of trust. Parents should trust their children to let them go out with their friends.

Plus, for the question of whether family or friends are more important-their is no comparision. They are two different things. But in my opinion, if there's a clash between the two-all I can say is-let your heardt decide.

apux

IF-Rockerz

apux

Posted: 10 January 2009 at 12:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by umrao_jaan

This situation is one of over protection and the problem is one of trust. Parents should trust their children to let them go out with their friends.

My parents were extremely strict on my older bro, not-so strict with me (I'm the middle child) and very lenient with my younger brother...I feel sometimes parents are really strict with the oldest child and then realize their mistakes and do better with the other kidsLOL  Oh and actually, sometimes the parents will be lenient with a certain child because they trust them....and definitely that trust is earned!  My mother has gone thru my older bro's belongings but never has she once gone thru my things....she definitely trust me more...and hence when I go out with my friends, she doesn't really question me!

Edited by apux - 10 January 2009 at 12:42am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top