Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Khatarnak thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Originally posted by: *Akki & Bir*

Even though i like Vaishali as eqaually as Yashita. I have a feeling Yashita wil b 2nd runner up! Vaishali will b the winner.. No offence but i dnt find soumen soo amusing. I've tried to like him but it just doesnt happen.

You are tough on Soumen
😉
Khatarnak thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dabulls23

MOI three agreeeeee 😛

And we all agree with you 😆😆😆
shopgirl1 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
ha ha ha ha...merci moi forum members...4 agreeing ...but i hv a very "uncanny" feeling...the simple man "showmen" aka "soumen" will hv the last laff :)
sandipb thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: akanna

Oh thank you, Varsha Di!!! 🤗 You are so sweet...

I believe it is due to non-exposure to the real South that many people have misguided beliefs... For example, many think all South Indians are kallus, and I think they havent seen many South Indians - if they did, they wouldnt say that. Years ago, Malayalam movies had a bad reputation outside Kerala, because distributors used to add bits into the movies to get audience - due to language barrier and with no subtitles in those days, only mallus would watch them and so they wont make a profit... But now, it's all changed. With ARR in Bollywood, and singers like Yesudas, SPB, Chitra, etc singing in Hindi, many are aware of the talents from the South. And movie directors like Maniratnam, Priyadarshan, etc have taken it to a different level... It's the same with music too. Over time, they will know, I am sure. 😃 ðŸ˜³ ðŸ˜Š ðŸ˜ƒ

"non-exposure to the real South that many people have misguided beliefs"
Same is true for Bengal and Asamese music!
I don't know whether you have heard of Baul and Bhatiali from Bengal (which is btw very much appreciated all over the western world) and Bihu from Assam.
Then ther is classical "Tappa"

I request you to listen to songs of Sandhya Mukherjee and judge how great she is!
Also listen to the maestro Dhananjay Bhattachrya and judge for yourself whether any bollywood singer (past and present) can sing like him!

Khatarnak thumbnail

Originally posted by: sandipb

I don't know whether you have heard of Baul and Bhatiali from Bengal (which is btw very much appreciated all over the western world) and Bihu from Assam.

I request you to listen to songs of Sandhya Mukherjee and judge how great she is!
Also listen to the maestro Dhananjay Bhattachrya and judge for yourself whether any bollywood singer (past and present) can sing like him!

Are these songs in Hindi? - because I can't understand a word of Bengali
akanna thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

What an irony in my life!! I was supposed to have grown up in Cal and due to my paternal grandparents determination, I grew up with them in the South when my brother grew up in Cal!! I have heard from many who have lived in Bengal that many people there have very sweet voice and are quite musical talent among many and very good voice to listen to... I dont understand Bengali but my parents do... If you look at the history of famous talents in India in music, poetry, acting, etc, there are so many from Bengal...
akanna thumbnail

OBJ, I didnt know your avi was animated!! Your hand has moved and so did your finger - is that the one you said was hurt?! What happened to your bandage?! OBJ, you are really one of a kind, I tell ya!! 😆
Khatarnak thumbnail

Originally posted by: akanna

What an irony in my life!! I was supposed to have grown up in Cal and due to my paternal grandparents determination, I grew up with them in the South when my brother grew up in Cal!! I have heard from many who have lived in Bengal that many people there have very sweet voice and are quite musical talent among many and very good voice to listen to... I dont understand Bengali but my parents do... If you look at the history of famous talents in India in music, poetry, acting, etc, there are so many from Bengal...

There is no doubt that all these bengali Singers have sweet voice but unfortunately I do not understand bengali - I an not sure if you have ever listened to Runa Laila (you can google if intersted). 😉
mbharat2007 thumbnail

We Indians are extremely fortunate that apart from Hindi, we have a rich tradition of music in individual states and regions. Each region/state has their own masters in music. I don't dispute Sandip ji's claim about the singers from Bengal which he mentioned, but then if see what's there outside our state, we will find many local greats! So it is futile to argue that one particular state excels in music compared to others. Each of our states from Kashmir to TN/Kerala and from Gujarat/Maharashtra to Assam has rich musical tradition.
akanna thumbnail

Originally posted by: Khatarnak

There is no doubt that all these bengali Singers have sweet voice but unfortunately I do not understand bengali - I an not sure if you have ever listened to Runa Laila (you can google if intersted). 😉

No, I havent... I have listened to mainly Hindi, Tamil and Malayalam songs (Indian)... I have heard some of the Telugu, Marathi, Gujarathi, Punjabi, etc ones... Maybe some Bengali too... But I dont look at the singer or anything and I dont understand anything, but I listen because I like the tune and/or voice...