•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 15 years ago
R k Kapoor On Mission To Create Fauji 2

Dvd Cover of Fauji

The maker of Shah Rukh starrer Fauji, is once more set to make Fauji 2. Shah Rukh made his acting debut with the TV serial Fauji. It was about the Indian Army regiment, which broadcasted on Doordarshan in 1988. After twenty years Colonel RK Kapoor is once more set to make Fauji 2.

When asked to Kapoor, he confirmed and said, "Yes, I am making another Fauji. I have met officials from the Defense Ministry and got the green signal but I'm yet to acquire a written approval from them. They have also offered to help me with the additional details that I may need to make it look real. I will begin writing the scripts in the New Year, finalize the cast and then start shooting from April."

Fauji has only 13 episodes but it was popular show of that time. Perhaps it was the first ever show which showcased the Indian Army openly.

Kapoor added, "I have spoken to Sony TV and they have liked the concept but nothing is finalized yet."

When asked to him, what made him do it again, he replied, "After 26/11 I have seen the love people have for the country. But very few know what the army is all about. I am hoping that through Fauji 2 people will get a better understanding about the army."

Is he in contact with Shah Rukh? He added, "He is a superstar now and must be very busy with his work. I would not want to disturb him unnecessarily. At the same time whenever I see him onscreen I feel very proud."

"But I am still in contact with Vikram Chopra, who was Shah Rukh's buddy in the show. His name in the show was Lt. Vikram Chopra. He too was very popular then, with his dialogue 'I say Chap.'," added the Kapoor.

Oh they should get him a guest apperance i am sure srk will do it..
wow, after so many years a sequel to a tv show, o well i never saw the first one
Fantastic show. 13 fabulous episodes and SRK was so much better before his Rajs and Rahuls.
OMG! Fauji is back! Ah, loved it so much! SRK ruled in this! It was pretty short, but it was amazing! They wont be able to make it as good as the original, but cant wait!😃