CeruleanSky IF-Rockerz
CeruleanSky
CeruleanSky

Posted: 29 December 2008 at 3:33am | IP Logged

These kids rock!

Avika Gor
TV show: Balika Vadhu.
Films: Patshala and Morning Walk.

Avika learnt acting from her father and has done a few fashions shows for Ginny and Johny. She has been in the business for the last eight months and has already become very popular. She has also done shows like Rajkumar Aryan, Phir Koi Hai, Meri Awaz Ko Mil Gayi Roshini and Karam Apna Apna.

How tough is it working in a TV show, where episodes have to be filmed on a daily basis? Do you have time for school?

It is not tough. Earlier I played small roles so I did not have to bunk classes. But since my character is important in this show, I shoot most of the days. Sometimes I miss my classes when we have to do an outdoor shoot. But that happens rarely.

It doesn't affect my studies; I score above 80 percent. I learn fast. I carry my books on the sets and study when I am not shooting.

Do you miss playing and being a regular kid?

No. Acting is my hobby so I enjoy doing it. I love dancing. I started learning dancing at the age of five but now I have stopped because I don't have time.

I love to dress up and make-up.

What do you like and dislike about shooting?

I like everything about shooting because I love each scene I perform. We wrap up shoot by 9 pm so there is nothing that I dislike.

What do your parents think about you doing the shows?

My mom accompanies me on shoots. My parents compliment me when I perform well. I don't shoot during my exams so there is no pressure on my parents and me.

These kids rock!

Avinash Mukerjee
TV shows: Balika Vadhu

Avinash left Delhi for Mumbai to pursue his dream of becoming a star in Bollywood. He had a small role in Kaahani Ghar Ghar Ki and Chalti Ka Naam Gadi. He has also modelled for Ginny and Johny.

Avinash, who plays the protagonist in Balika Vadhu, is unaware of the plight of many children, who are unwillingly forced into marriage.

How tough is it working for a TV show, where episodes have to be filmed on a daily basis? Do you have time for school?

We work 12-hour shifts. Mine wraps up around 9pm. It becomes hectic only when I am required in all the scenes. My principal is kind enough to give me leave. I bunk my classes for shooting but I try to balance both.

But the show doesn't affect my studies because I take a photocopy of the notes from my friends and study on the sets. I am not a topper but I get good marks.

Do you miss playing and being a regular kid?

I love what I do. We normally play cricket and board games on the sets.

What do you like and dislike about shooting?

I like everything about shooting except late night shoots.

I like make-up and don't have problem with costumes. The only thing I don't like is the gum used to fix the wig. It's yuck!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-aditi-

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top