marvelous.malks thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
I'm sort of bored this winter break, so I'm writing a little something.  It has nothing to do with Indian soaps, as I don't watch them much anymore and don't have a fav. couple! Please read and comment though! 😊

Preview:

Corey had left, left her past somewhere along the line but it had always been creeping up from behind her.   It was back.  He was back.  And despite fighting fate, she inwardly, and unwillingly knew, he was Always Welcome.

Chapter 1

Corey had passed the early part of night lying wide-eyed, gawking at the ceiling, listening to the crickets chirping and rain pattering against the window. She'd tossed and turned throughout the night, fighting the dreams that all but haunted her. She was afraid, afraid to close her eyes and see what she had been running away from day after day, night after night. Yet, it still followed her. Slowly, she rose from her bed which was blanketed with layers of maroon velvet blankets.
    Now, standing by the window, her brow relaxed upon her window as the fought back the headache that was knocking; a bit too fiercely. It wasn't only the headache she struggled with, but the memories. Good and bad memories. The coffee that Corey sipped was now cold, but it went unnoticed. Just like her feelings, she thought bitterly. Pocketing the thought, she lifted her hand to wipe the tear that had stealthily slipped from her pale green eyes. Her eyes were deep and dark from the lack of sleep and sorrow that had slowly stirred inside her right through the night.
    She had dreamt of her sister. Beautiful, confident, and cheerful; just like Corey herself. But that wasn't how she had seen her. It had been ghostly, pale, and numb. Just the thought of her sister made her shudder. What hurt the most, Corey decided, was the fact that she was dead. 
    "Haven, Haven."  Corey whispered her sister's name like a chant. 
    The car accident, the pregnancy, the family disputes. It all rushed back instantly. Corey had lost her only sister, companion, and best friend just when she needed her the most. I was only seventeen, she thought. And Haven only twenty. The idea of losing your life when you had so many dreams and ambitions waiting to tear out made Corey's head scream in terror.
    It wasn't fair, she wept silently. And so, for the next few minutes, she unchained all her feelings.

Okay, I'm just posting a sort of, well, prologue.   I hope people read it and I get good feedback, I'll continue soon. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

indiandoll89 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Fabulous preview Mallu! 😃 The story really sounds intriguing! you better continue asap!
suchi_dev2006 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
very interesting starting..pls continue fast....
Robsessed. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
fabulous story an iz really interestin doo contine plz"
jassie_17 thumbnail
Malkz...firstly itz been so long since i saw ur post...or is it me who's quite slow???

Hi..this is Jassie and u know...Your prologue is very captivating...pls continue asap!!!

We are all waiting!!!

Cheers,
Jassie
marvelous.malks thumbnail
Originally posted by: indiandoll89

Fabulous preview Mallu! 😃 The story really sounds intriguing! you better continue asap!

Meera, thanks so much! Ah. see, now the HARD part is to actually take the time to continue writing! 😳😃
eexxoottiicc thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Yayyy!... I totally had to comment on this lol. I pretty much went mad looking for it haha!
&& I love it!!
Pleasee Continue :D
Mini786 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Interesting begiinning...Do continue soon :]
Girl_2007 thumbnail
please continue, wud love to read more.
putturani thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail