Gur.N.cool thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 15 years ago
I was emotionally drained: Aamir
Indo-Asian News Service
Monday, December 29, 2008 (New Delhi)

Aamir Khan was struck with what he calls a "prenatal depression" just before the release of Ghajini. He mentioned in his blog that he had lost his sleep, his apetite and walked around like a zombie.

"The last 24 hours have been (the) most traumatic I was emotionally totally drained. Just before any of my films release I go into a pendulum mode. One second I feel very optimistic about the film and the next I'm sure no one's going to like it. I lose my smile, my appetite (and) my sleep," Aamir wrote on his blog.

"On the whole, I am listless and walk around like a zombie. VVC (Vidhu Vinod Chopra) accurately described it as prenatal depression. The film is about to be delivered and will be out of our systems so to speak. Then, it will have a life of its own, which we have absolutely no control over," he wrote.

The actor also said filmmaking was a tough job and he was anxious over his performance in the Hindi remake of the original Ghajini directed by AR Murugadoss in 2005.

"It's too tough making films. All the two years of planning, preparation, creative discussions, the struggle to shoot the film and the sleepless nights of post-production ultimately culminate in a three-hour experience in the darkness of a cinema hall."

"(And) this time around it is a remake of a Tamil film, so I am especially anxious. Ghajini was a huge success in the south and Surya (Sivakumar) had done an excellent job in the original. I hope that I have been able to do justice to the film," he posted.

However, the mass promotionals took their toll on Aamir, and he was down with fever before the movie's release.

"...the last couple weeks have been too hectic and as a result of the exhaustion and excitement I'm down with fever, so I am lying in bed as I write this," the actor wrote.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MalahFirangi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Oh no dont worry Aamir you done good job
ibelieveinpink thumbnail

I guess since he's a method actor, that might have also drained the life right out of him. But I hope he feels better soon. Great movie Aamir! Can't wait to see him in 3 Idiots!!!!

Iram191 thumbnail
Aww Amir don't be depressed...you've done a really good job..Awesome film...Don't worry!!
lulu_gr81989 thumbnail

dont be sad aamir. everybody has loved ur performance. n u were gr8 in Ghajini👏