Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kaswetta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
It's not about the actors but their caracteres.in entairtenment they always considere morality what do we get from ekta' serials? Is there any similarity as in real life? They are drama, they must have a certain responsability to portray what's happening in real
Life,and need to be in accordance with the culture of the country.
How can a married woman share her bedroom with another man for 5yrs? We can learn a lot from entairtenment but don't show us debauchery and call it entairtenment.
ProdigalStudent thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Ok wasn't planning on posting today, but here I am....

Originally posted by: bones88

Opti... a small  piece of advice ur taking the show to seriously... remember that the show is for entertainment and the people who write the show do so that with that in mind. So dont be to overcritical off the show, afterall the actors put alot of hardwork into bringing the characters to life on a daily bases. Let those who enjoy the show enjoy it and those who dont can leave peacefully.

Bona, where were you to tell Opti that she's taking the show too seriously when she made numerous posts in praise of MICHI and the creatives elaborating in detail what she loved about it???  I hope you get my point....

My point is, If she can praise the show and its creatives when its doing good, why can't she criticize it when its doing bad??? Does she automatically start taking the show too seriously when she starts to criticize it??? 😕

And seriously why is it a bad thing to criticize a show??? To paraphrase a point made by someone else on another forum, this is a public show guys, and whenever someone puts up like a work of art (be it theater, drama, cinema, painting, literature....) for public consumption, accolades as well as criticism is EXPECTED... I mean, everyone is NOT going to like the same thing... Some have different standards of judging the show than the rest... and they should be allowed to post their views....

Lastly a general comment, why is everyone getting so personal??? If you guys don't agree with each others POV, you can state why you don't so (or agree to disagree), as many people have already done so in this thread... But what is the need to personally comment on the members for the views they espouse???

I'm sorry, I guess its too much to ask for the freedom to post my views, without people resorting to attack me for it... I guess its too much to expect people to debate constructively, you know like telling me why they don't agree with my opinion, instead of making it personal, you know criticizing me, an individual, for the opinions I hold 😊...

Edited by meteora_smt - 15 years ago
Opti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Thanks Sonia for speaking up for me. Anyway this forum has degenerated like the show. In the past we used to have healthy debates on issues, with each respecting if not agreeing each other points of view.  But now it is all about attacking people personally for the beliefs they hold.  I was once called two-faced by one of the esteemed members here, a name which no one who knows me will give.  But mention something about a fictional character the same members will not hesitate in branding you as a Michi basher or Prachi basher.  I guess it is OK to bash a person only one can't bash a character. 
soul76 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
So it's come to this if you speak your views bam you'r so against everything in the world. Oh well Opti I stopped pointing out the finer qualities of the show just because members take it personally. Anyways I completely agree with you they better wind the show up since they already made it rank amongst the worst soaps on telly.
bones88 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
 i never ever attacked anyone personally...what BT calls entertaining..we will not find it entertaining as we all know BT is all about ..We all know post leap storyline has got Bizarre..then why just spoil out mental state by spreading negativity...The storyline might go worse..so then this forum will only have such negative posts or what??Im an avid Michi Fan..and a post which talked about Michi Murder definitely hurt me...so i posted..Next time..Im think ill stop that too...let this forum brim with negativity...
Opti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: bones88

i never ever attacked anyone personally...what BT calls entertaining..we will not find it entertaining as we all know BT is all about ..We all know post leap storyline has got Bizarre..then why just spoil out mental state by spreading negativity...The storyline might go worse..so then this forum will only have such negative posts or what??Im an avid Michi Fan..and a post which talked about Michi Murder definitely hurt me...so i posted..Next time..Im think ill stop that too...let this forum brim with negativity...

Nobody is accusing you for having positive thoughts.  At the same time you cannot tell others what they need to think and should not think.  I can only reflect on what is being shown to us. I cannot be all smiles when the show is out to ruin my favourite jodi. 

So you were hurt by a post which talked of Michi murder?  I was hurt by the show which has murdered my favourite jodi.  I dont need to prove to you how much I love Michi. Any one who have been in this forum long enough knows about my feelings for that jodi. Naturally I am upset that the show is ruining that jodi with their bizarre storyline as you yourself admit ,and I would rather see them wind up the show than show us this trash. As to advices that people should stop watching the show if they dont like it, I would like to say that I may well see any show I please and  comment on it as I feel appropriate. 
kaswetta thumbnail
I'agree with you opti and meteora.
kaswetta thumbnail
It's not bad to criticise a show when it's doing bad .even actors won't give the best of themselves when
Their characters change.soyou are free to express your views .
KaneBC thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I actually think long and hard before starting a new topic in case I'm ridiculed or mocked at for taking the show too seriously. But this forum is over 800 pages, doesn't that indicate a lot of people took this show very seriously. Isn't anyone going to a public forum to express their thoughts on the show means that they are taking it seriously? And on nearly every one of those 800 pages, there has been negativity and criticism. That's always been part of this forum, right from the time Neev & Prachi were seperated. But only lately, it's seems there all these pleas not to be negative. If being happy and pleased about something are valid emotions, why aren't being frustrated and angry, not equally valid emotions? Anyway, take a look at the first two pages. It seems to be full of FFs, not that I'm complaining since it's the reason why I keep coming back to the forum but whatever happened to having discussions about the actual show, since that is the main purpose of this forum anyway. If there are so many unwritten rules about how people are supposed to be, whether positive or negative, there is not going to be much contribution from anyone since they are going to scared of breaking one of those rules. Edited by blackcurrant - 15 years ago
NosVemos thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: blackcurrant

I actually think long and hard before starting a new topic in case I'm ridiculed or mocked at for taking the show too seriously. But this forum is over 800 pages, doesn't that indicate a lot of people took this show very seriously. Isn't anyone going to a public forum to express their thoughts on the show means that they are taking it seriously? And on nearly every one of those 800 pages, there has been negativity and criticism. That's always been part of this forum, right from the time Neev & Prachi were seperated. But only lately, it's seems there all these pleas not to be negative. If being happy and pleased about something are valid emotions, why aren't being frustrated and angry, not equally valid emotions? Anyway, take a look at the first two pages. It seems to be full of FFs, not that I'm complaining since it's the reason why I keep coming back to the forum but whatever happened to having discussions about the actual show, since that is the main purpose of this forum anyway. If there are so many unwritten rules about how people are supposed to be, whether positive or negative, there is not going to be much contribution from anyone since they are going to scared of breaking one of those rules.

Couldn't agree more with you BC. The Kayamath episode discussion thread just adding up a few posts unlike 5-10 pages it used to get added with after every episode and FFs taking over all these interesting topics we used to have- speaks everything out quite loud.