Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

MP_Radha

IF-Veteran Member

MP_Radha

Posted: 25 December 2008 at 10:49pm | IP Logged

A Day to Remember

Today being the 26th of December reminds of a fateful day that brought sorrow into many people's lives.  The Boxing Day Tsunami, a brutal game played by the Mother Nature left behind devastating memories to linger in mind even past four years!

A journey to the past...four years ago

The Cocks crow, wakening the peacefully sleeping people, in the early morning hour.  Soon the birds chirp away as the sun gleams through the eastern horizon.  The kids roam around the sandy beach collecting shells and playing around with the baby craps that crawl away.  While family members cherish the day together.   Many miles away, couples and kids celebrate their holiday in the beautiful part of the world.  Yet the usually pleasant "Kadhal Madha" remains unusually quiet and its rage went unnoticed.

The undersea earthquake sent massive waves to 11 different countries.

The massive waves sweep through everything on its way, not even the protective windows.  There was no room to swim away!  The rich, the poor, the young and the old are all swept away!   Panic strikes the moment soon to be filled with nothing but cries!

On this day, many lost their loved ones as shattering their closely knit families!   Only one word fills the mind and that is "why"!  Why did Mother Nature have to capture the lives of over 225 000 people!  Why was the peaceful morning suddenly turned into a disaster?  Yet this question remains unanswered!

Cry

NEWS REPORT

By Gail Ranjit Poole 

A child's scream on screen.
Just run... split second... All gone.
Flattened nothingness.

Heading towards me
All alone, the dark low moan
Of death awaits me.

'Ik dum!' 'Hai Ram!' 'MA!'
Swept, beaten by nature's wrath,
To the jungle go.

Hold on to the tree
Waves bombard me... a near miss
In this wet abyss.

Until I am found
Clinging... wrapped in love and fed
By the world's wide heart

Yei Penne

By Vijaydhanam

Yei Penne!
Kadal konda thaneer Motham En Kannil Varavazhaithai.
Udal konda uyirai Unakkaha uruha vaithai
Yei Penne!
En Vazhvil Neeyindri ponai
Naan Vazhvindri ponen.
Nee
Katrai Vantha sooravali
Neerai Vantha Tsunami
Vanamai vantha idi
Nilamai vantha poohambam
Theeyai vantha minnal.
Nee Marupiravi edukathe
Pizhaithu pohattum Ilaigar samuthayam.........

God's Teardrop Exploded

By Sarfraz Ahmed

Did you know?
That time stood still
At that precise moment,
That exact second,

When the earth opened its mouth and roared,
And the oceans wept,
Such deadly tears it poured,
As the unknowing world slept,

How many did one tear kill
In that precise moment,
That exact second,
When God's teardrop exploded,
And time stood still

Let us all take a moment to remember those who lost their lives!  May their souls rest in peace!  May God give their loved ones the strength to live a peaceful life amidst the sorrow! 

With love,

All of us!

Edited by aisha_muka1980 - 25 December 2008 at 11:30pm

The following 20 member(s) liked the above post:

Aahaana*Shruti*malligaipayal_rraj5000~*Thamizhan*~anjkhoneyhazel94Vani19tukz_REmix-Nina-netra_ramaxarmaanloverxVeeeDeeeatinaGur.N.coolpop77Raee_Salvatore-Niky-Batameez.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "A Day To Remember - Dec. 26th!" in Other Topics forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Aahaana

Global Moderator

Aahaana

IF General Sections

Posted: 26 December 2008 at 5:48am | IP Logged
You have wrote a beautiful post , Aish hunClap
The whole world will never forgot the Boxing day 4 years ago, it was supposed to be a happy day but instead it turned into be one of the worst natural disaster we have seenOuch

Let's now bow our heads in silence to pray for the souls of those who lost their lives ... May they rest in peace by God's side and God gives strenght to the victims family and their loved ones...!

anjkhoney

IF-Dazzler

anjkhoney

Posted: 26 December 2008 at 6:06am | IP Logged
Thank you Aishu Ma, Wonderful Post.

How can anyone ever forget this dayShocked..4 years ago the whole world was shatteredCry..

I still Remember sitting with my friends with Insecurity about our dear onesOuchOuchOuch.

but wht is the use fo thinking of dear ones when we can see my lives going in front of usCry..

Everyone calling their houses and natives to knw things are fine,

The way our warden cried and called from our mobiles to all those who went to beach that day.. Cry..She was like Kadavule Naan enna pannuvain,naan avangale pogavittaine.edhavadhu naan naan eppidi badhil solluvain. Aiyo

you come back ma, you come back to the hostel now.. please ma thirumbivaange.
She literally borke down.I still can hear the words she told..God it was too much...

But God was a bit kind to all those students..
But what about the others who dwelle near by, Avanga Enna Thappu PannaangaCry

Like in Dasavathaaram Movie one can tell, Bhagavan Edhuvume kaaranam illame sayyamattaaru, But how can we ever console those who lost their loved ones in that brutal game ?Cry

Many of us lost our loved ones in Tsunami..Cry
So remembering this day , no no one can ever forget this day.. Marandhathaane Nyabagapaduthanam..Cry

all we can do is pray for them. CryCry

May Their  Soul Rest In Peace

Edited by anjkhoney - 26 December 2008 at 6:28am

sankadevi30

IF-Rockerz

sankadevi30

Posted: 26 December 2008 at 9:05am | IP Logged
i remember it too as i was out writing exams tat day

blissfully unaware of wat happened outside

but in home they were afraid of my safety

only when we tried to reach home we knew wat happened

man horrible

but at last we reached home somehow

I pray for those who cud not return home tat day

those who sacrificed their lives to save others

They will live forever

eljay

IF-Veteran Member

eljay

Posted: 26 December 2008 at 7:51pm | IP Logged
Thanks for starting this thread, Aish.  Living here in the US, I can imagine the horror of that day and what it must have been like for those of you who were actually present in Chennai and other coastal areas that day.  I pray for all those who lost their lives that day and for all their families who will never forget that awful day when the sea came in and took away their family members.  We will never forget that horror!

Dits

Goldie

Dits

Posted: 26 December 2008 at 9:06pm | IP Logged
Yes, I remember, Dec 26 2004....my family and I were only a few kilometers away from the beach that night, celebrating soem occasion with my dad's friends and their families....we would have carried on until late tht night, but I so wanted to watch Kal Ho Na Ho tht was being airred on Tv tht night, so I pressurised my dad with tht and all of us headed back home early....luckily!

It was horrid...for days the newspapers and channels were filled with pictures and videos of ppl crying out...I'll never forget tht.To think it had to be mostly those poor ppl who made living from the oceans who lost everything and everybody they had....there ae stillppl who have not returned to their normal lives and are at refugee camps.

Wht irritated me was the reports tht told about the Government misusing the 'Tsunami fund' money!!! Everybody, every single person had contributed money to help the helpless and to think not a single paise was  used to help them!!

Edited by ditty - 26 December 2008 at 9:09pm

netra_rama

IF-Rockerz

netra_rama

Posted: 28 December 2008 at 10:24pm | IP Logged
thanks for the post ais ...

may their soul rest in peace ....

atina

IF-Veteran Member

atina

Posted: 29 December 2008 at 7:21am | IP Logged
Thanks Aish for this thoughtful thread. Good job buddy.

I also remember this day....

I join the whole world in praying for the departed souls.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top