Which Dumbledore Actor? - Page 2

Poll Question :

Which Dumbledore actor did you all prefer?

Poll Choice
Richard Harris (First and Second Movies)
Michael Gambon (Third to Seventh Movies)
I dislike both
Both were fine
Login To Vote
Posted: 15 years ago

Michael......errr I am a bit shocked seeing the result. Cause till now I didnt have the idea that people like the first one more. I will go with the 2nd one any day. The first one didnt click with me, for some reason.๐Ÿ˜›

Really? Hehe...I think both are fine, but I liked the first one more...same with all my friends...I don't know, I really don't mind either!
the first one was really good but i think the second one is better because he looks exactly like i would have imagined dumbledore to look like and he can come across as a wise character that dumbledore is whilst also being able to bring the eccentric behavior and humour  to the screen that characterise dumbledore. Edited by Zoe28 - 15 years ago
Originally posted by Zoe28

the first one was really good but i think the second one is better because he looks exactly like i would have imagined dumbledore to look like and he can come across as a wise character that dumbledore is whilst also being able to bring the eccentric behavior and humour  to the screen that characterise dumbledore.

The first one was actually what I pictured him to be! Tall and thin with an extra long beard!!!! ๐Ÿ˜†

Both are fine, but I liked the original one (Richard Harris) better.

This just oes to show everyone has different opinions!
If we could combine the gentleness of the first dumbledore with the playfulness of the second one, we'd have a perfect one. I feel Gambon is a bit too much agressive sometimes in his portrayal of Dumbledore. Lookswise, I think the first one looked more like the DD in the books acc. to me.
i hate d present DD...hez totally oppsite
Originally posted by tukz_REmix

i hate d present DD...hez totally oppsite

Why?๐Ÿ˜•
i liked richard harris...i think the role suits him well!
Originally posted by ramusk

richard harris....coz he has the corrext attitude of a head master of hogwarts...he has the charm , the simplicity, the calmness...evryhting

True...richard harris for me aswell-  i've always found Micheal Gambon had a sharp attitude- so not the calmness of Dumbledore. That's how i feel anyway.
Richard Harris was the best dumbledore, but kind of got used to the other michael gambon being dumbledore๐Ÿ˜Š