shellytt thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
One character that always stood out for me was Dobby, and I know that there are others here who loved Dobby's character as well.

So my question to you is: What drew you to Dobby- was it his loyalty, his love for Harry, his humour, his forward thinking????

I loved Dobby's good hearted intentions and his devotion to Harry, which at times was comical.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

muffins2waffles thumbnail
I loved how loyal Dobby was to Harry, and that he even ended up dying for him...I took that death rather hard, and I will never ever forget Dobby, great post by the way!
chhilt thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Great post, Shelly! I loved how Dobby was unintentionally comical at times and how he was always willing to help Harry and stand up for him against people he was afraid of... but most of all, I adored the way he used to give Harry Christmas presents and how he helped him with the Gillyweed and the Room of Requirement... and finally the way he died protecting Harry... that was the first time I cried while reading the book...
mad-about-Rajat thumbnail
^Ditto! I love Dobby for his affection for Harry....he even acted against his masters-the Malfoya,going against elfish law.....and besides,he had great courage! Edited by mad-about-Rajat - 15 years ago
rv_annie thumbnail
I loved this thinking he had a head of his own and pracised his own beleifs
wonkyfaint thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
For me it was his unconditional devotion to Harry and his lack of ego...which was very funny at times but I think that is what drew me to him. He is one of my MOST favourite characters.