Harry Potter
Harry Potter

India-Forums

   

Luna Lovegood or Ginny Weasley? (Page 4)

Poll Question: Which of the two female characters do you like better?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
14 [35.90%]
17 [43.59%]
6 [15.38%]
2 [5.13%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Stunnerz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Joined: 20 August 2008
Posts: 45641

Posted: 13 January 2009 at 10:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by stumps101

Ginny for me. She's my fave female character in HP with no contest. I basically love how she's honest, blunt, snarky, confident, hot headed, so strong ( I mean she was basically mind raped as an 11 yr old and she overcame it) and she's so relatable and she's like so many of my friends and basically I think she rocks.

I do like Luna but she's only ever just been there for me .. I honestly find her to be more of a caricature than anything else. She didn't come alive to me as I read and she's just so ...one dimensional with no faults in text (though I certainly think she has many). Her character never grows and she has no arc, so she's just there for no purpose really. Her vagueness and dreaminess also really annoys me at times. So basically, I can take or leave her ..I don't really care about her whatsoever, whether she lived or died, what she was doing 19 ys later etc I just didn't really think she was developed and that JKR really tried to hard and wanted me to think, she's endearing but I was like uh she can be creepy as hell. And she's just very boring.I know a lot of people find her interesting and ginny boring but for me that's the opposite.I think if I could relate to her,I'd probably like her alot more.
 
I also think Luna's character wasn't really developed that much. I mean, whenever I think of her character, I think of her as a sweet naive girl who's nice to everyone and has intelligence hidden beneath her naivete. While every single character in the Harry Potter series has faults, I can't think of a fault in Luna except that her concentration seems to wander in the most serious of situations. But that's not really a fault, is it? She seems almost like a white character, and I don't believe that anyone can be perfect. Maybe it's because Luna appeared in the 5th book, while the rest of the female characters all appeared since the 1st book (though Ginny only had a real part since the 2nd book).
 
I like Luna's character a lot, because she was one of those few who supported Harry while everyone else turned their backs on him, and she was also an active member in the DA, but as I said before, I like Ginny more.
 
My favorite female character is actually one is isn't a main character at all. I like Lily Evans/Potter the best; don't know why I like her most out of all the femalesStar, but I do.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

--Preeti--

cityoflights IF-Veteran Member
cityoflights
cityoflights

Joined: 11 September 2008
Posts: 12835

Posted: 18 January 2009 at 7:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by stumps101

Ginny for me. She's my fave female character in HP with no contest. I basically love how she's honest, blunt, snarky, confident, hot headed, so strong ( I mean she was basically mind raped as an 11 yr old and she overcame it) and she's so relatable and she's like so many of my friends and basically I think she rocks.

I do like Luna but she's only ever just been there for me .. I honestly find her to be more of a caricature than anything else. She didn't come alive to me as I read and she's just so ...one dimensional with no faults in text (though I certainly think she has many). Her character never grows and she has no arc, so she's just there for no purpose really. Her vagueness and dreaminess also really annoys me at times. So basically, I can take or leave her ..I don't really care about her whatsoever, whether she lived or died, what she was doing 19 ys later etc I just didn't really think she was developed and that JKR really tried to hard and wanted me to think, she's endearing but I was like uh she can be creepy as hell. And she's just very boring.I know a lot of people find her interesting and ginny boring but for me that's the opposite.I think if I could relate to her,I'd probably like her alot more.
 
Umm...thanks for your post, but don't you think it was a bit harsh for those who love Luna? I respecty our opinion...but still, you know?
Beyond_the_Veil IF-Sizzlerz

Joined: 12 February 2008
Posts: 11596

Posted: 21 January 2009 at 9:05am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
cityoflights IF-Veteran Member
cityoflights
cityoflights

Joined: 11 September 2008
Posts: 12835

Posted: 21 January 2009 at 2:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by stranger@mirror

Originally posted by MusicalAiswarya

 
Umm...thanks for your post, but don't you think it was a bit harsh for those who love Luna? I respecty our opinion...but still, you know?
 
Even though I am not fan of Stump's ideas, i seriously can't find anything wrong with what stump had written. The member hadn't broken any IF rules had she??
 
 
Nope, not that I know of! It was just that Luna is my most favorite character, and her words made me a bit angry becaue of the swear (I can't tolerate swears)...but that is my fault, I have a bad temper...so forgive me!EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed
diya_1987 Senior Member
diya_1987
diya_1987

Joined: 31 December 2007
Posts: 452

Posted: 22 January 2009 at 9:32am | IP Logged
i'll go 4 luna coz she happens to be one of my fav characters in the series......n i'v never really found ginny''s character very interesting........

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

shivani003

Cute Baby Groupbie
Cute Baby
Cute Baby

Joined: 04 January 2006
Posts: 134

Posted: 23 January 2009 at 6:11am | IP Logged
aaaaaaaahhhhh...ginny is the character i luv the most in the series...she has got the perfect attitude which represents girls even in muggle world
..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Stunnerz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Joined: 20 August 2008
Posts: 45641

Posted: 23 January 2009 at 9:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Cute Baby

aaaaaaaahhhhh...ginny is the character i luv the most in the series...she has got the perfect attitude which represents girls even in muggle world
 
I love Ginny too, especially since the 2nd book!WinkBig smile
Ahlaam5 IF-Rockerz
Ahlaam5
Ahlaam5

Joined: 10 July 2005
Posts: 5680

Posted: 25 January 2009 at 10:32am | IP Logged
luna all they way
i hate ginny...find her annoyin

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Author Replies Views Last Post
The Lovegood Chronicles Poll

Author: umrao_jaan   Replies: 8   Views: 517

umrao_jaan 8 517 26 July 2006 at 6:30am by megha_gupta
info about evanna lynch(luna lovegood)

2

Author: shanrox   Replies: 10   Views: 1121

shanrox 10 1121 13 April 2006 at 3:47pm by daniel_4ever
Luna lovegood

Author: muqualp   Replies: 6   Views: 2456

muqualp 6 2456 11 February 2006 at 9:35am by hazelgirl
Luna Lovegood

Author: Nishani   Replies: 7   Views: 454

Nishani 7 454 10 February 2006 at 9:58pm by ishu124
Luna Lovegood actress to be announced...

Author: sweet freedom   Replies: 0   Views: 551

sweet freedom 0 551 15 December 2005 at 1:06pm by sweet freedom

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Harry Potter Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index