Harry Potter

Luna Lovegood or Ginny Weasley? (Page 4)

Poll Question: Which of the two female characters do you like better?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
14 [35.90%]
17 [43.59%]
6 [15.38%]
2 [5.13%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 4

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 4

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 13 January 2009 at 10:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by stumps101

Ginny for me. She's my fave female character in HP with no contest. I basically love how she's honest, blunt, snarky, confident, hot headed, so strong ( I mean she was basically mind raped as an 11 yr old and she overcame it) and she's so relatable and she's like so many of my friends and basically I think she rocks.

I do like Luna but she's only ever just been there for me .. I honestly find her to be more of a caricature than anything else. She didn't come alive to me as I read and she's just so ...one dimensional with no faults in text (though I certainly think she has many). Her character never grows and she has no arc, so she's just there for no purpose really. Her vagueness and dreaminess also really annoys me at times. So basically, I can take or leave her ..I don't really care about her whatsoever, whether she lived or died, what she was doing 19 ys later etc I just didn't really think she was developed and that JKR really tried to hard and wanted me to think, she's endearing but I was like uh she can be creepy as hell. And she's just very boring.I know a lot of people find her interesting and ginny boring but for me that's the opposite.I think if I could relate to her,I'd probably like her alot more.

I also think Luna's character wasn't really developed that much. I mean, whenever I think of her character, I think of her as a sweet naive girl who's nice to everyone and has intelligence hidden beneath her naivete. While every single character in the Harry Potter series has faults, I can't think of a fault in Luna except that her concentration seems to wander in the most serious of situations. But that's not really a fault, is it? She seems almost like a white character, and I don't believe that anyone can be perfect. Maybe it's because Luna appeared in the 5th book, while the rest of the female characters all appeared since the 1st book (though Ginny only had a real part since the 2nd book).

I like Luna's character a lot, because she was one of those few who supported Harry while everyone else turned their backs on him, and she was also an active member in the DA, but as I said before, I like Ginny more.

My favorite female character is actually one is isn't a main character at all. I like Lily Evans/Potter the best; don't know why I like her most out of all the femalesStar, but I do.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

--Preeti--

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Luna Lovegood or Ginny Weasley? (Page 4)" in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

cityoflights

IF-Veteran Member

cityoflights

Posted: 18 January 2009 at 7:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by stumps101

Ginny for me. She's my fave female character in HP with no contest. I basically love how she's honest, blunt, snarky, confident, hot headed, so strong ( I mean she was basically mind raped as an 11 yr old and she overcame it) and she's so relatable and she's like so many of my friends and basically I think she rocks.

I do like Luna but she's only ever just been there for me .. I honestly find her to be more of a caricature than anything else. She didn't come alive to me as I read and she's just so ...one dimensional with no faults in text (though I certainly think she has many). Her character never grows and she has no arc, so she's just there for no purpose really. Her vagueness and dreaminess also really annoys me at times. So basically, I can take or leave her ..I don't really care about her whatsoever, whether she lived or died, what she was doing 19 ys later etc I just didn't really think she was developed and that JKR really tried to hard and wanted me to think, she's endearing but I was like uh she can be creepy as hell. And she's just very boring.I know a lot of people find her interesting and ginny boring but for me that's the opposite.I think if I could relate to her,I'd probably like her alot more.

Umm...thanks for your post, but don't you think it was a bit harsh for those who love Luna? I respecty our opinion...but still, you know?

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 21 January 2009 at 9:05am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

cityoflights

IF-Veteran Member

cityoflights

Posted: 21 January 2009 at 2:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by stranger@mirror

Originally posted by MusicalAiswarya

Umm...thanks for your post, but don't you think it was a bit harsh for those who love Luna? I respecty our opinion...but still, you know?

Even though I am not fan of Stump's ideas, i seriously can't find anything wrong with what stump had written. The member hadn't broken any IF rules had she??

Nope, not that I know of! It was just that Luna is my most favorite character, and her words made me a bit angry becaue of the swear (I can't tolerate swears)...but that is my fault, I have a bad temper...so forgive me!EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

diya_1987

diya_1987

Posted: 22 January 2009 at 9:32am | IP Logged
i'll go 4 luna coz she happens to be one of my fav characters in the series......n i'v never really found ginny''s character very interesting........

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

shivani003

Cute Baby

Groupbie

Cute Baby

Posted: 23 January 2009 at 6:11am | IP Logged
aaaaaaaahhhhh...ginny is the character i luv the most in the series...she has got the perfect attitude which represents girls even in muggle world

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 23 January 2009 at 9:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Cute Baby

aaaaaaaahhhhh...ginny is the character i luv the most in the series...she has got the perfect attitude which represents girls even in muggle world

I love Ginny too, especially since the 2nd book!WinkBig smile

Ahlaam5

IF-Rockerz

Ahlaam5

Posted: 25 January 2009 at 10:32am | IP Logged
luna all they way
i hate ginny...find her annoyin

Post Reply New Post

Go to top