Harry Potter
Harry Potter

India-Forums

Luna Lovegood or Ginny Weasley? (Page 3)

Poll Question: Which of the two female characters do you like better?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
14 [35.90%]
17 [43.59%]
6 [15.38%]
2 [5.13%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

cityoflights IF-Veteran Member
cityoflights
cityoflights

Posted: 06 January 2009 at 4:38pm | IP Logged
No problem chitara :) I love Hermione too!
danharryiel IF-Dazzler
danharryiel
danharryiel

Posted: 07 January 2009 at 3:46am | IP Logged
LUna Lovegood
Deizy Goldie
Deizy
Deizy

Posted: 08 January 2009 at 4:50am | IP Logged
for me both but ginny is my fav
AllonsyGeronimo IF-Dazzler
AllonsyGeronimo
AllonsyGeronimo

Posted: 09 January 2009 at 10:31am | IP Logged
Definitely Luna! I find Ginny very annoying at times though there are certain traits I appreciate of hers nevertheless. My main issue is that I don't like how she was written. Even Luna's character wasn't developed so well, not as much as I had hoped, but I still find her more endearing. Though I can relate to both of them. Both are quite wise!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

shivani003Beyond_the_Veil

..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Stunnerz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 10 January 2009 at 4:48pm | IP Logged
I think there are certain traits in both that are endearing and also annoying.

Ginny: I like her because she seems a little like Lily from what Rowling had written about Harry's mother's character. Rowling said that Ginny was the smartest in her year (like Lily), she was brave and extremely loyal to those she loved, and she hated Dark Arts and anything to do with it. She was one of those staunch Dumbledore supporters who never got tempted to join Voldemort's side, and I liked her character ever since the 2nd book when she defended Harry against Malfoy in Flourish and Blotts. And in the end of Chamber of Secrets, when Harry saved her from Tom Riddle, I just kind of knew she and Harry would end up together.

The qualities I don't like in Ginny are her recklessness, and the way she sometimes acted before she thought. It helped everyone sometimes, but also at other times, got them in trouble. Also, the ways she nagged at times got annoying.  

Luna: From what we know of her, she's an extremely loyal person who values the friendships she made during Order of the Phoenix. Smart and often misunderstood, she seems like an innocent girl who can never say a bad word about anyone. She also has a calm air about her and doesn't go into panic attacks when faced with a critical moment. These are the qualities I find endearing in her.

The qualities I don't like about Luna are her extreme naivete and the way she keeps too calm even during battles. Especially in the battles during the 5th and end of 7th book, people had to save her a few times because she wasn't paying attention to what was happening around her. Sometimes, it seemed like Luna had a lack of concentration.

I like both characters, though I felt they were not developed enough. Both Luna and Ginny were at times completely different from each other, but similar in another way when it came to ideals.

But there's something about Ginny that I like better. I also like Luna's character a lot, but Ginny more.
fly_chick Goldie
fly_chick
fly_chick

Posted: 11 January 2009 at 7:41am | IP Logged
I prefer Hermione...she's the best!

Then Both Luna and Ginny- They're special in their own way.
stumps101 Newbie
stumps101
stumps101

Posted: 12 January 2009 at 3:19pm | IP Logged
Ginny for me. She's my fave female character in HP with no contest. I basically love how she's honest, blunt, snarky, confident, hot headed, so strong ( I mean she was basically mind raped as an 11 yr old and she overcame it) and she's so relatable and she's like so many of my friends and basically I think she rocks.

I do like Luna but she's only ever just been there for me .. I honestly find her to be more of a caricature than anything else. She didn't come alive to me as I read and she's just so ...one dimensional with no faults in text (though I certainly think she has many). Her character never grows and she has no arc, so she's just there for no purpose really. Her vagueness and dreaminess also really annoys me at times. So basically, I can take or leave her ..I don't really care about her whatsoever, whether she lived or died, what she was doing 19 ys later etc I just didn't really think she was developed and that JKR really tried to hard and wanted me to think, she's endearing but I was like uh she can be creepy as hell. And she's just very boring.I know a lot of people find her interesting and ginny boring but for me that's the opposite.I think if I could relate to her,I'd probably like her alot more.

Edited by stumps101 - 12 January 2009 at 3:27pm
Beyond_the_Veil IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 13 January 2009 at 8:29am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Go to top