India-Forums

Shocking!!! -- 1st Gay Marriage In Pak.

amreen1409 IF-Dazzler
amreen1409
amreen1409

Posted: 15 October 2005 at 12:44am | IP Logged
This is the Article I got in email... Confused
===============================

We share the pain of those who lost their love ones in the recent earthquake. This article reported in BBC news 5 days before the
earthquake reminds me of the allegedly prostitution consented by parents in Indonesia before the Tsunami disaster. Sometimes calamities despite of its horrible effects can be a blessing when it can save the survivors from being infected or consumed by the existing disease of the society or the abhorred sin. God knows best, Allah ho alam. May we be forgiven of our sins, ameen.

First gay 'marriage' in Pakistan
A gay couple have become the first to get "married" in Pakistan, according to reports from the region.

Witnesses said a 42-year-old Afghan refugee held a marriage ceremony with a local tribesman of 16 in the remote Khyber region bordering Afghanistan.

Gay marriage is not legal in conservative Muslim Pakistan.

On hearing of the wedding, a tribal council told the pair to leave the area or be killed for breaking religious and tribal "values and ethics".

'Pomp and show'

A local Urdu-language newspaper said the elder man, named as Liaquat Ali, had taken a local boy called Markeen as "his male bride".

The paper said the boy's impoverished parents accepted 40,000 rupees (380) for their son's hand in marriage.

"The marriage was held amid usual pomp and show associated with a tribal wedding," it said.

Malik Waris Khan, a prominent local politician and former federal minister, confirmed to AFP that the marriage had taken place.

"I checked the report with people in Tirah Valley and they confirmed it," he said.

Although it remains a taboo subject, homosexuality is relatively common in Pakistan, says the BBC's correspondent Aamer Ahmed Khan in Islamabad.

Increasingly, gay couples are living together in some of the big cities such as Karachi and Islamabad, but gay marriages remain unheard of, he says.

Pakistani law punishes sodomy with imprisonment ranging from two years to life.

Some Islamic provisions prescribe 100 lashes for the act or even death by stoning.

A gay couple caught having sex were lashed publicly in the Khyber region in May.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/4313210.stm

Edited by amreen1409 - 15 October 2005 at 12:45am

sadiaali Goldie
sadiaali
sadiaali

Posted: 15 October 2005 at 1:56am | IP Logged
Confused that's very bad Dead Dead Dead
Me_Anonymous IF-Veteran Member
Me_Anonymous
Me_Anonymous

Posted: 15 October 2005 at 4:28am | IP Logged
NO COMMENTS Angry
y dont they shoot them off Angry
come on it's not allowed in Islam s how dar ethey break the rules
it's just disgusting Angry
u knwo wat ppl will call it there "THE MODERENIZATION"
"MODERN" MY FOOT Confused
Maha21 IF-Veteran Member
Maha21
Maha21

Sony Channel

Posted: 15 October 2005 at 5:40am | IP Logged
Disgusting Dead ... That's all I can say Ouch
samie IF-Veteran Member
samie
samie

Posted: 15 October 2005 at 6:28am | IP Logged
this article appeared in the jung kabaar n ppl say this is why the earthquake happened as allah wasnt happy with it
euro_pakigal Goldie
euro_pakigal
euro_pakigal

Posted: 15 October 2005 at 6:39am | IP Logged
Angry

dats soooooo sick.ab ye baaki tha?thora badnaam hai pakistan is dunya mein ab jo farak reh gaya tha in logon ne nikal diya.gosh i hope non of my friends here find out abt it.already when they're talking abt football,investing money,clean coutry i hav nothing to say and keep my mouth shut bcoz pak duz not hav or duznt no how to do all dis
samie IF-Veteran Member
samie
samie

Posted: 15 October 2005 at 7:49am | IP Logged

Originally posted by euro_pakigal

Angry

dats soooooo sick.ab ye baaki tha?thora badnaam hai pakistan is dunya mein ab jo farak reh gaya tha in logon ne nikal diya.gosh i hope non of my friends here find out abt it.already when they're talking abt football,investing money,clean coutry i hav nothing to say and keep my mouth shut bcoz pak duz not hav or duznt no how to do all dis

i understand wh@ u mean

i love bein a british pak girl but some paks shame ya by wh@ they do such as this n other things th@ r wrong in our religion such as alchol n people who wanna carry on fightin with other countries etc

Edited by samie - 15 October 2005 at 7:53am
~LiL*PrInCeZ~ IF-Sizzlerz
~LiL*PrInCeZ~
~LiL*PrInCeZ~

--

Posted: 15 October 2005 at 8:16am | IP Logged
OMG again imma say NO COMMENT Dead Angry

Go to top