Kumkum - Ek Pyara Sa Bandhan

Setting on on-the-set TV couples-article

IsabellaCullen thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 15 years ago

Setting on on-the-set TV couples

December 20th, 2008

Lights… camera… action… a clap on the board and here we go with a catchy romantic scene between the leads. It rests for few moments and suddenly a 'cut' from the director. End of professional, well-measured onscreen love story!

But again, no end is end without happiness being incorporated (ref: Om Shanti Om). So, where the onscreen love stories end, our loved stars plan, though sometimes, to carry forward with the pursuit of happiness in tune with the off screen situations. Thus, couples are sometimes made on the sets, too.

Our dear Gurdeep Kohli takes on the humane side of the affairs that take birth on the sets and grow up in the pubs, discos, roads and even in scared places like church! The beau expresses, "One can't stop anyone from falling in love, now be that on sets or off sets or in a train or in a hotel or anywhere. Love is a beautiful thing and it happens because it is destined to happen".

Well mam, it's destined to happen and it's more so after the boosts of man-made drizzles and wetty-naughty scenic prepositions. What say?

Model-actor, Eijaz Khan, who is best known for sealing his lips when he has to talk about his love affairs, says, "It is not that you can fall in love only on the sets. On the sets one gets time to talk to others, spend time, chat and play pranks. If you do the same on a daily basis then you tend to become good friends. So professionalism is okay to an extent, but it doesn't mean we actors should forget humanity and stop even greeting others".

Does it mean working together will ultimately lead to fall for each other? If yes, then are the emotions which the celebs depict on screen almost real?

Gurdeep comes to take a toll on it. "Working together on sets does actually work out somewhere or the other. One tends to interact and become friends," she adds on, "This friendship does turn out to an affair. It happened in my case, too."

Well… well… well… here we get into the real business. Kohli smiles on it and further says, "Arjun and me fell in love on the sets on Sanjivini. I really would not like to disclose much like how it happened and all, but all I can say is that it was a correct decision and I am very much happy with him".

Ah! We also want you to be happy forever but what about our happiness which lies in the very gossipy lines that you were supposed to cater us with! Anyways, Eijaz probably has something to say.

"I really don't want to say much on my life," Eijaz puts water on the burning desire of accumulating knowledge on on-the-set love stories, "I have learnt from my past experience. One might not believe it but my past relationship actually broke off clarifying and giving justification. I still can't believe it. Is the media so much hungry for news or gossips? They ruined my relationship for their greedy demands for gossips".

Oh, poor lad! But believe us; we never had any such intention. Now we cannot write statutory warning under each of our questions nah!

But Eijaz seems to be in his real emotions now. "I won't say anything about Anita as of now, but would surely say that love on the sets or on-screen and love off screen or in reality are very different," he adds, "Love on-screen is scripted; it is somebody else's story and not ours. We are just acting in it. Real love is far more real or in short should I say 'Reality Bytes'."

That's true. Now let's see how others react on the same.

Teejay Sidhu, the better half of Karan Vir Bohra spoke her heart out when we asked her about her love life. Although her love did not happen on the sets, still, Teejay doesn't forget the fact that love is not bond to a specific place. It is just a matter of time.

Reshmi Ghosh, whose wedding bell will ring soon, is in true excitement about everything that's going in her life. "I always wanted to get married to a Marwari and the day I met Amit," she says, "I realized that my desire for marriage will surely be fulfilled one day. I love the Marwari culture and getting married to him will be like a dream come true".

"I also hope for a big fat grand wedding. I want to do it in a grand way. A wedding of 11 days with all my family and friends with me", says Reshmi.

Unlike others Reshmi and Amit did not meet on the sets of any serial but they knew each other from Namit Kapoor's acting school. They gradually became friends and then arrows from a certain god knocked them down!

"It was a pretty funny incident," Reshmi recollects, "I walked into the class (at Namit Kapoor) and opened the door. There I saw a guy changing his shirt. I felt embarrassed and I apologized and left the class. The guy whom I saw shirtless was none other than Amit."

Well, that's called a clean beginning.

"As days passed by Amit and I started interacting and that time he told me that it was love at first sight for him," smilingly adds Reshmi, "I won't lie by saying that it was the case with me too but yes, definitely I started falling for him in a few days only after I met him".

Talking about marriages, we spoke to Juhi Parmar, too, for whom the wedding bells are ringing on the 15th February, 2009.

An excited Juhi responds, "I am very excited as well as very nervous. There are plenty of things to do and we have so less time in hand. I have always been dreaming of it, and now it is here, I am getting married. I have been taking note of every small thing which is related to my marriage. My parents have been sending me details of everything through mails and fax. I am very much tensed as my wedding day is arriving. There is so much to do in so less time".

That's how we face the proverb 'all's well that ends well'. But how did this start?

"Sachin and I were good friends," dreamy goes Juhi, "He even used to come on my sets and we used to chat for hours and hours together. At a point of time we realized that this is something more than friendship. We were ready to spend our lives together and see; we are getting married finally. I am so happy".

But there are other sides of the note, too.

Juhi does agree that one develops a soft corner for colleagues as they understand and support each other professionally but also says that some relationships are bonded till friendship only.

"Take Hussain's and my case," Juhi says, "I do have a soft corner for him but that is only limited to friendship. I take him as my best friend and share a beautiful friendship with him. Sachin's case, on the other hand, is entirely different".

Juhi revealed that the wedding will take place in none other than her home town Jaipur.

Like every story, there has to be a conclusion for this piece, too. While few stars are against disclosing and sharing their on-the-set yet off the screen emotional flow, others are quite ecstatic explaining their experiences. But no one can deny the fact that while others keep themselves busy in delineating onscreen love stories, our very own professionally human stars get busy in weaving their off screen love-hate sagas, be it with a happy ending or not!!

-Pratik Maheshwari (Sampurn Media)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IsabellaCullen thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Yes..their relationship is very sweet...its adorable to see them together
freezinme thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
choo chweet.. thnx 4 da article sonu
muskan087 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

thanx 4 d article yea huju relation is different frm saju ..................but one thing is same i.e true frndship

Rah_HuJu thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Wow thanks so much for that Sonu....It's so true that they're the best example of how 2 best friends should be....wish them both all the very best in their friendship....
norzar thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
hi

great article thanks

i love ju's honesty and her answers are straight

so sachin used to come to k sets too?????

wishing ju and sachin all the best

norzar
verni thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thnx for the article... ya right... I really their friendship... I even love juhi-tina's relation...

Lovely article..

*Resham* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Thx fr the article sonu...its really a sweet one...
-Afeelicious- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
thank u soo much for the article
truly speaking huju friendships is really nice
huju are the best example of a true friendships
they are the best friends ever
best of luck huju for ur friendships
love u huju
sacchin-juhi jodi rocks
NazNgs thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
yep...Love Juhi and Hussain very much......Love their dosti...people should learn from Juhi and Hussain..of Dosti...that a man and a woman can also be just best friends..HuJu ki Dosti ko kisiki nazar na lage...aur Juhi Sachin aur Hussain Tina ke pyaar hamesha kaayam rahe...God Bless them