The Colour of My Skin, the Blood in Me...

Pebblez thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 15 years ago
Hi guys!!

I have come here to the debate mansion after a pretty long time, and i am surprised to read some of the opinions of people regarding the current Pak-India tension. All of this coming from literate, educated youth seriously shocks me.

I am a Pakistani. I am a Muslim. So that makes me a terrorist...?? That is such a sadistic opinion held by many here. I mean, we get it. Terrorism is not only what you guys hate, we dont like our houses and families blown apart into bits too. We, the PEOPLE of Pakistan, condemn it as much as any other citizen of any other country does.

In the year 2007, 3,599 civilians died in Pakistan in suicide bombings and terrorist attacks. That is WAY more than any other death rate due to terrorist activities in any other country. I mean, you guys seriously think that we LIKE it when our people die?? Getting to hear cheap third-rated supposed funny comments on our religion and our citizenship....that is not what I, a representative in myself of the educated youth of tomorrow, would expect from educated people here.

I mean guys, come on. Get over the 1948 partition. Get over the fact that we belong to a religion you guys dont believe in.Get over the fact that our ideals differ. I am not saying that all Pakistanis are saints, but then, all Indians aint saints either, neither all Americans. We all belong to countries where both good and bad people live. So by centering 'MUSLIMS' as the terrorists, or the "PAKISTANIS' is clearly not the solution. I read a pretty offensive comment about the majority of people in Pakistan being fanatic religious Muslims. What i would like to ask you guys is, how many of you who very conveniently pass judgments on us have been to Pakistan to know what kind of people live here? We are humans like you guys too, not cannibals who'd like blasting others into pieces just for the sake of it.

So kindly, start thinking like educated people and putting out solutions to end this tension. The way some people here act, theres no difference between you and our old politicians who are nowadays criticized for everything they have done. Learn frm history, dont repeat it. Thanks a lot.

Kiran

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SolidSnake thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: armaans*basket*

Hi guys!!

I have come here to the debate mansion after a pretty long time, and i am surprised to read some of the opinions of people regarding the current Pak-India tension. All of this coming from literate, educated youth seriously shocks me. What exactly did shock you?

I am a Pakistani. I am a Muslim. So that makes me a terrorist...?? I don't think that is the opinion here, what made you think that? That is such a sadistic opinion held by many here. I mean, we get it. Terrorism is not only what you guys hate, we dont like our houses and families blown apart into bits too. We, the PEOPLE of Pakistan, condemn it as much as any other citizen of any other country does.

In the year 2007, 3,599 civilians died in Pakistan in suicide bombings and terrorist attacks. And what is your govt doing to tackle it? That is WAY more than any other death rate due to terrorist activities in any other country. Link? I mean, you guys seriously think that we LIKE it when our people die?? Getting to hear cheap third-rated supposed funny comments on our religion and our citizenship....that is not what I, a representative in myself of the educated youth of tomorrow, would expect from educated people here.

I mean guys, come on. Get over the 1948 partition. (We did that long ago, but you guys are still dreaming about J&K) Get over the fact that we belong to a religion you guys dont believe in. (How can you expect that from people you call Kafirs...what do you mean you guys don't believe in?) Get over the fact that our ideals differ. (Who are your ideals?) I am not saying that all Pakistanis are saints, but then, all Indians aint saints either, neither all Americans. We all belong to countries where both good and bad people live. So by centering 'MUSLIMS' as the terrorists, or the "PAKISTANIS' is clearly not the solution. I read a pretty offensive comment about the majority of people in Pakistan being fanatic religious Muslims. What i would like to ask you guys is, how many of you who very conveniently pass judgments on us have been to Pakistan to know what kind of people live here? We are humans like you guys too, not cannibals who'd like blasting others into pieces just for the sake of it.

So kindly, start thinking like educated people and putting out solutions to end this tension. The way some people here act, theres no difference between you and our old politicians who are nowadays criticized for everything they have done. Learn frm history, dont repeat it. Thanks a lot.

Kiran

When your country stops its policy of waging assymetric war against our nation, stops supporting terrorists against us...uske baad baat karna.
raj5000 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Moderator's Note:

There we GO AGAIN!!

FYI - There are related posts but since the views in the original post that are the sentiments shared by others in different post, MINUS the instigating remarks, this topic is NOT closed or merged. Both response have instigation, I hope not to see anymore here and if this argueable discussion goes the right path its fine orelse will be closed. Thanks!

Edited by raj5000 - 15 years ago
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
I won't go into the details of the current situation. All I will say is 'Crash' we are all victims and oppressors in our own way.
No one has ever said all Pakistanis are terrorists.. People are misunderstanding it. All everyone's been saying is that they were a terrorist organization IN Pakistan.. not the people of Pakistan.
Edited by Insanity - 15 years ago
nuomi.riceball thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: armaans*basket*

Hi guys!!

I have come here to the debate mansion after a pretty long time, and i am surprised to read some of the opinions of people regarding the current Pak-India tension. All of this coming from literate, educated youth seriously shocks me.

I am a Pakistani. I am a Muslim. So that makes me a terrorist...?? That is such a sadistic opinion held by many here. I mean, we get it. Terrorism is not only what you guys hate, we dont like our houses and families blown apart into bits too. We, the PEOPLE of Pakistan, condemn it as much as any other citizen of any other country does.

In the year 2007, 3,599 civilians died in Pakistan in suicide bombings and terrorist attacks. That is WAY more than any other death rate due to terrorist activities in any other country. I mean, you guys seriously think that we LIKE it when our people die?? Getting to hear cheap third-rated supposed funny comments on our religion and our citizenship....that is not what I, a representative in myself of the educated youth of tomorrow, would expect from educated people here.

I mean guys, come on. Get over the 1948 partition. Get over the fact that we belong to a religion you guys dont believe in.Get over the fact that our ideals differ. I am not saying that all Pakistanis are saints, but then, all Indians aint saints either, neither all Americans. We all belong to countries where both good and bad people live. So by centering 'MUSLIMS' as the terrorists, or the "PAKISTANIS' is clearly not the solution. I read a pretty offensive comment about the majority of people in Pakistan being fanatic religious Muslims. What i would like to ask you guys is, how many of you who very conveniently pass judgments on us have been to Pakistan to know what kind of people live here? We are humans like you guys too, not cannibals who'd like blasting others into pieces just for the sake of it.

Kiran

Ever since the partition of 1948 there is differences and resentments between the pakistanis and the indians and despite many attempts from pakistan and india to go and have a peace treaty between both countries. i don't think that it is only india that is reluctant in trusting the pakistan government and the pakistanis people, but pakistan government and pakistanis people also do not trust the indian. at first after the partition actually pakistan country was divided into two parts the east and the west pakistan but then the east pakistan with the help of india got its independent and become the present state of bangladesh. as pakistan is bangladesh is also a muslim country, as pakistan is bangladesh is also a land neighboring state of india, however unlike pakistan the tension between bangladesh and india is not there or at least not as strained as pakistan is. there is just this animosity between india and pakistan to make peace with one another also there is a high level of untrustworthy between these two nations which will only made both these two countries harder to ever make an alliance.

all the things that are coming from the educated literate people, but you also have to remember that these comment despite being coming from educated people are still people. and people have their own ways of thinking, their own beliefs and point of views and most of the times our judgment and our comments are also bias from what we see or believe. if you are saying that the indians are hating the pakistanis and cannot get over the 1948 partition, then i do believe that many pakistanis people also don't like the indians and still remember or affected by the 1948 partitions not believing the indian government and people about many things.

being a muslim or a pakistani does not mean that you are a terrorist, i believe there are good people in pakistan as there are good people in anywhere else and there is bad people in pakistan as there are bad people in anywhere else. the non state actors and terrorists do not only come from pakistan but also many other parts of the world. the non state actors of terrorism even though as we believe most of them are muslim are not always muslim. there was these terrorists attacks in japan throwing poisonous gas of chlorine in train station in tokyo, the famous sarin gas attack which led to the injuries of many people and death of many people from a certain apocalyps religious organization of aum shinrikyo.

also you are saying that the indians hate pakistan because of their religious beliefs and that pakistan have different beliefs with india, that the india believe in hinduism, sikhism, jainism or other religions. that india even though most of its people are hindus does not really have a state religion like the pakistan. but there is one significant essential thing that should not be forgotten. even though india is not an islamic state and even though most of the people are hindus, india is the second biggest country that has muslim population after indonesia. there are also indians muslim in india and not just pakistan and the amount of indian muslim in india outweighs the numbers of pakistan muslim in pakistan. the issues of pakistan and india is not just merely due to the 1948 partition that religious differences led to partitions between pakistan and india but also many other issues which made the indian government and indian people dislike the pakistan government and pakistanis.
souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Sorry to interrupt you... but guys the partition took place in 1947. Happy debating. 😛
Pradarshak thumbnail
We are talking about govt. and people who support their govt. doing nothing and upar se trying to shield those terrorist organizations. Agree, both nations are victims, we do hear about terrorism in Pakistan but what is Pakistan Govt. or the people of Pakistan doing about it? When Pakistan Govt. can't protect it's own people, what we Indians can expect? Right? When Pakistani people don't raise their voice against such actions and accept things, what right do we Indians have to protest? Right? This is where you are mistaking. Just imagine if some Indians would have done the same thing but the venue was Karachi not Mumbai. Think for a moment and answer what you would have done - spared the Indian Govt. for not controlling terrorism and the people who support that Govt.
Edited by Pradarshak - 15 years ago
nuomi.riceball thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: souro

Sorry to interrupt you... but guys the partition took place in 1947. Happy debating. 😛

yeah right sorry for the mistake and thanks for the correction.