India-Forums

Saudi man bids $10m for shoes hurled at Bush

Gur.N.cool IF-Sizzlerz
Gur.N.cool
Gur.N.cool

Posted: 17 December 2008 at 8:53am | IP Logged

PTI

DUBAI: A Saudi man has offered to pay $10  million for the pair of shoes that a Iraqi journalist hurled at US President George W Bush during a press conference in
Baghdad.

Mohamed Makhafa, a retired school teacher, says he considers the size 10s a "medal of freedom and more valuable than everything he owns", Al Jazeera news channel reported.

Muntazer al-Zaidi, the Iraqi journalist who became famous overnight in the Arab world, had thrown his shoes at President Bush during a joint press conference of the US leader with Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki in Baghdad.

"It is more precious than all my property. I will bequeath it to my children and display it in a museum and call it the Medal of Freedom," Makhafa told AlArabiya.net.

Makhafa said the combined value of the land and property he owns exceeds the price he is offering for Zaidi's shoes, adding if the journalist's lawyer manages to reclaim the
infamous pair he will buy them. 

Makhafa said he does not look at it from a commercial point of view and said his offer was the start of an auction. The 60-year-old stressed that he does not hold a grudge
against the US, but said he hates its foreign policies that have humiliated the Muslims.

Announcing his offer on the internet, Makhafa, an activist who has raised voice on various issues, said tribesmen and public figures in the Arab world had expressed
their support and many showed interest in taking part in the auction.

How Much Will You Bid?

farri.muslimah Senior Member
farri.muslimah
farri.muslimah

Posted: 17 December 2008 at 9:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by gursharan

PTI

DUBAI: A Saudi man has offered to pay $10  million for the pair of shoes that a Iraqi journalist hurled at US President George W Bush during a press conference in
Baghdad.

Mohamed Makhafa, a retired school teacher, says he considers the size 10s a "medal of freedom and more valuable than everything he owns", Al Jazeera news channel reported.

Muntazer al-Zaidi, the Iraqi journalist who became famous overnight in the Arab world, had thrown his shoes at President Bush during a joint press conference of the US leader with Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki in Baghdad.

"It is more precious than all my property. I will bequeath it to my children and display it in a museum and call it the Medal of Freedom," Makhafa told AlArabiya.net.

Makhafa said the combined value of the land and property he owns exceeds the price he is offering for Zaidi's shoes, adding if the journalist's lawyer manages to reclaim the
infamous pair he will buy them. 

Makhafa said he does not look at it from a commercial point of view and said his offer was the start of an auction. The 60-year-old stressed that he does not hold a grudge
against the US, but said he hates its foreign policies that have humiliated the Muslims.

Announcing his offer on the internet, Makhafa, an activist who has raised voice on various issues, said tribesmen and public figures in the Arab world had expressed
their support and many showed interest in taking part in the auction.

How Much Will You Bid?

yes very good he done great work..

i also want to slap bushAngryAngry
wezyus IF-Rockerz
wezyus
wezyus

Posted: 17 December 2008 at 9:23pm | IP Logged
Wel done, the journalist shud be proud ...bush deserved it
preetysadia IF-Dazzler
preetysadia
preetysadia

Posted: 18 December 2008 at 10:09am | IP Logged
that's great but they have destroyed the shoe..........after checking that it didnt have any thing........LOL.............such losers.........jootay main kya dhoondh rahay thay.........anways I wish it was put in some museum or somthing...........
iiHEARTyu-x0 IF-Rockerz
iiHEARTyu-x0
iiHEARTyu-x0

Posted: 19 December 2008 at 7:20am | IP Logged
okay thats veryy immature................
Yahoo2 IF-Dazzler
Yahoo2
Yahoo2

Posted: 19 December 2008 at 2:18pm | IP Logged
he is crazzzy big time
mariaa.xo IF-Sizzlerz
mariaa.xo
mariaa.xo

Posted: 19 December 2008 at 5:33pm | IP Logged
hahhaha

this just shows how much ppl hate bush, well i dont blame them eitr Tongue
Gur.N.cool IF-Sizzlerz
Gur.N.cool
Gur.N.cool

Posted: 19 December 2008 at 6:13pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sadia_1990

that's great but they have destroyed the shoe..........after checking that it didnt have any thing........LOL.............such losers.........jootay main kya dhoondh rahay thay.........anways I wish it was put in some museum or somthing...........

ye i have seen, that they destroyed the shoes! oh well
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top