Book Talk

Book of the Fortnight - A Thousand Splendid Suns

-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 15 years ago

Well I had asked for the suggestions for the next book and The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns were suggested. But The Kite Runner has been book of the month before so now I am presenting this time's....

Yes, yes, this time's Book of the Fortnight is "A Thousand Splendid Suns" by Khaled Hosseini!!

First off, thank you for such a great response for "My sister's Keeper"! I really appreciate that you all read it with me and we all had a great discussion!

I am looking forward to the same kind of response this time too!

So grab your favorite cup of coffee and get going!

This a Discussion/Comments thread for "A Thousand Splendid Suns."  While you're reading it, put down your comments, questions, favorite quotes, and any discussions you want to take place.

Please don't wait till you finish the book, but do put down your initial thoughts and the thoughts while you're reading it.

Have FUN reading and discussing!  

Mahi
Dev. Team
Edited by -Mystery- - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chhilt thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Cool.... I just got the book... I'll start to read it once I kick the algebra out of the way *sigh*
-Mystery- thumbnail
^ Thanks Chhilt, I hope you enjoy the book.

Come on guys, let's go!! Let's start the book!

-Mahi

chhilt thumbnail
i finished reading it... i'll post a long review in a day or two... once i can gather my thoughts a little so that i actually make sense! Edited by chhilt - 15 years ago
sareeta thumbnail
Am nearly done with the book. Will post my comments over the weekend!😊
-Mystery- thumbnail
Great!

I have already read this book like a couple weeks ago... will try to read it again before posting my comments though.

-Mahi

tumhari? thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
i loved this book it was just too good i finished it in two days because it was too good to be put down seriously love khaled hussani, work i cant wait for his next book
chhilt thumbnail
Okay, I'm back...  I hope you didn't think I forgot about this, Mahi! So here are my views...

- I completely and utterly wanted to KILL (sorry for the caps) Rasheed... 😆

- Mariam's character was just so touching and tragic at the same time... she never really got to experience true happiness in her entire life. As for Laila, it must have been worse for her because she had happiness before... but then to have it all snatched away from you must be even more difficult...

- Tariq's character was extremely interesting... I wish that there would have been a part in the book from his point of view... it would have made the book even better! As for Aziza... I felt so sorry for the poor child throughout the book... the orphanage scenes were so sad!

- I'm sorry that I'm not writing much more... but I just finished reading The Kite Runner today and I'm thinking about that right now!
chaniagarwal thumbnail
this is indeed the best book i have ever read
very emotional
left me crying in many parts
didnt read kite runner as yet
want to read it soon
AnotherMiracle thumbnail
Hi I read this book a month ago on suggestion by a friend, but i'd already have read the Kite Runner before and totally loved it. So i knew that this book would be good. So I had really high expectations. Ok , so about the book:

-Firstly it's extremely well written. I loved the way how it's written from either Mariam or Laila's perspective.

- Reading Mariam's suffering and early childhood turmoil was really sad. But similarily Laila went through the same thing.

- I really liked the special bond between Tariq & Laila. Just the same way Laila and Mariam's friendship grew.

Just really enjoyed reading the book overall. One of the best books i've read this year.