Posted: 15 years ago

Myspace%20Glitter%20Graphics,%20MySpace%20Graphics,%20Glitter%20GraphicsMyspace%20Glitter%20Graphics,%20MySpace%20Graphics,%20Glitter%20GraphicsMyspace%20Glitter%20Graphics,%20MySpace%20Graphics,%20Glitter%20GraphicsMyspace%20Glitter%20Graphics,%20MySpace%20Graphics,%20Glitter%20Graphics

Welcome to the topic of the week where we can discuss a popular topic on the forum at the moment.

Some rules:

1.No bashing actors if you have to make a point make it without bashing.
2.No chatting off topic
3.No arguements if you disagree with something you can say it without turning it into a fight.

NOTE: If anyone else wants to do the TOTW or has a Topic they would like to discuss feel free to PM me

Topic of the week this week:

What makes a film work?

Some thoughts rather than questions:

Is it the story, entertainment factor or is it the actor?...What do you think makes a film work.

If its the story well what attracts the people to the theatres ...also if people go because of that and do not like the film it will still be classed as a hit right or really good showing.

For eg..if someone goes too see a srk film first weekend it might be blockbuster opening and still do well. However does that make it classic or a hit?

These are just broad questions/thoughts as usual add anything else you would like to 😳😳😳

Bollywood Dev Team

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Very strong screenplay with strong acting. The story does not matter. Its all in how it is told and how it is acted out.

Edited by flaviya - 15 years ago
ISano thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
well . the thign which makes movie work. is .. the screenplay
the acting... speically the emotional acting.. which has to touch ur heart..

movies.. which has dhamaka.. and.. songs which can make u dance..
woh hai aasli movie..

Showbizz thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Script , screenplay ,acting
script screenplay and good music...

acting can be taken out convienetly by anyone if the script is good
jonnybgood thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
acting  script, and no copying hollywood
Ultimate_Shadow thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
very nice topic...first of allπŸ‘πŸ‘
its mainly the script...it is the real HERO , BADSHAH n KINNG if it is good everything is good.. πŸ˜›
Edited by Master_Blaster - 15 years ago
preity*zinta thumbnail

A story definately .. Some of this years releases had the lamest stories ever .. good acting would be nice, Nice songs is definately a plus for me .. and decent actors ..

wisehigaholic thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
the message if there is no good message then there is no use of wasting your time on a movie heroes and a lot of aamir khans movie ran well because of the moral behind it i f heroes had no message behind it would be a flop instead of a average.

I wouldn't say screenplay because many films from arthouse have better script but no one bothers to watch them in theatre.

For a movie to work

1. Good promotion

2. Good banner -- People already plan to watch the film even before the film goes on the floor. Like My name is Khan.

3. Good starcast---Film with major stars forces people to flock theatre initially.

4. Good script --- If after all this script is good then word of mouth and films works.

5. Knowing high points of your film and promoting that on reality shows like Deepika did for OSO. For RNBDJ SRK didn't bother to bring Anushka out as she didn't have the charisma to pull the crowd whereas Deepika had that and played a major part in bringing crowd.