Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

SitaLakshmi

Groupbie

SitaLakshmi

Posted: 13 December 2008 at 8:35pm | IP Logged
If Lily and James Potter had not died that October night, how different do you think the series would be? Would a whole lot be changed or not as much as we would expect? What about the role of Severus Snape? What are your views on this?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "DOTW: If the Potters had not died...." in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sareeta

IF-Sizzlerz

sareeta

Posted: 13 December 2008 at 10:03pm | IP Logged
Interesting, even though this has been discussed on a minor scale at different points in this forum, I hope this time, we get to hear more detailed opinions of the members...

Well, as to what to I believe - it all depends on a couple of aspects

1. The prophecy being heard, in full and not in part.
2. Voldemort arriving at his conclusion of which family was referred - Potters or LongBottoms

But even if Neville has been the one instead of Harry, his life would have been marked with the unwanted popularity as the boy who lived and possibly more, for he would have with the wizarding world all the while he grew up unlike Harry and then again... how would Neville have dealt with the different situations would make a different story all together... his friends would be there.. but yet again....a different story!

As for the scar , well I guess, Neville's mum or grandmum would have done the same as did Lily potter, lay their lives down for their son and possibly that would have saved...him and voldemort would have met with the same fate!

Edited by sareeta - 13 December 2008 at 10:07pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

..Labyrinth..

Adwaita

Adwaita

Posted: 20 December 2008 at 5:32am | IP Logged
well,
if potters had not died, we would be reading neville longbottom and philosopher's stone OR reading nothing at all...
hehe

griffy.fz

IF-Rockerz

griffy.fz

Friendship Animated Sig. Winner

Posted: 20 December 2008 at 2:32pm | IP Logged
ummm then evreyting would be changed 'cuz harry mainly hated volde 'cuz he killed his parents...and  then also abt prophecy....neille could be the chosen one..
\whole lotta stuff would have changed i guesss

cityoflights

IF-Veteran Member

cityoflights

Posted: 21 December 2008 at 7:03pm | IP Logged
Yea,  I probably agree with Adwaita

cezzurockz

IF-Dazzler

cezzurockz

Posted: 22 December 2008 at 1:32am | IP Logged

the series wud thn b niville longbottom n the .............. or maybe story will end wid one book only

rv_annie

Goldie

rv_annie

Posted: 23 December 2008 at 2:18am | IP Logged
Harry would have had a normal life with his parents seeing him off on king cross sattion every year

shellytt

shellytt

Posted: 23 December 2008 at 5:35pm | IP Logged
I would have to ask one further- why didn't the Potter's die? Is it that Voldermort choose neville's family or is it that he heard the entire prophecy and attacked neither child and was just biding his time to see which would grow into the greater threat?

Now if it was the first and he attempted to kill Neville's family, then Harry would have grown up in the wizarding world with his parents  and had a normal childhood. Now with this scenario I think that Snape would have remained a Death Eater beacuse he knew that Voldermort would not be going after Lily so he would have no reason to go to Dumbledore to save her.

The second scenario is a little bit more tricky, because here Harry would have both parents alive however he would have grown up in a world dominated by Voldermort, because here he would never have been weakened. Harry though, I believed, would have shown the same fighting spirit as his parents I believe and if Voldermort did in fact choose a nemesis later on, he would still choose Harry as opposed to Neville. Now with regard to Snape, I'm not sure what his character would have been like here.

Edited by shellytt - 23 December 2008 at 5:37pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top