Manasi_16 IF-Rockerz
Manasi_16
Manasi_16

Posted: 19 January 2005 at 1:28am | IP Logged
Kaarthika for Kasauti
   By: Tushar Joshi
   January 18, 2005

Daughter dearest: Jennifer
Kasauti Zindagi Kay (Star Plus) is set to take a 20-year age leap soon. Post the fast forward, Anurag (Cezzane Khan) and Prerna's (Shweta Tiwari) daughter Sneha, will be played by the lead girl of another Balaji show — Kaarthika.

Jennifer who plays the lead role in Kaarthika (Hungama), has already started shooting for Kasauti.

"I recently shot for Kasauti and it was quite exciting," says Jennifer. After being the lead girl in Kaarthika for over six months, Jennifer sounds pleased with the way her show has shaped.

"For me Kaarthika is like one big happy family. I know everyone on the show so well that it feels like home." The show revolves around the protagonist Kaarthika, who wants to make it big as a singer, but faces many obstacles before making it to the top.

Adding a touch of teenage romance, is the love triangle between Kaarthika who has a crush on the pop icon Ritwik (Aditya Vaidya), while her friend Abhishek Batra (Abhay Vakil) has a crush on her. In spite of veering towards teenage romance, the show is aware of their core audiences, which are kids.

"The concept of the show is definitely not kiddish, but we have added some kids in the track to rope in audience of that age", says Jennifer.

However, she feels the show would enjoy more popularity, had it been on a different channel.

"I definitely believe the show would have been more popular had it been on a Star Plus. Hungama is more of a kiddie channel, while Kaarthika has shades of youthful romance in it.

Recently, I had a few kids walk up to me and tell me, what I should do in the show. I was shocked to know they follow the show so closely."

As Sneha, Jennifer will play an important role in bringing Anurag and Prerna togetherAngry Says Jennifer, "My role is very similar to what I am in real life. I am very close to my parents, and take care of them. Sneha is a caring girl who is homely, but at the same time very independent."

Jennifer has also appeared as Priti in Kkoil Dil Mein Hai and Simran in Kkusum.

cutereems IF-Dazzler
cutereems
cutereems

Posted: 19 January 2005 at 2:39am | IP Logged

Thanx for article Manasi!!

Jeniffer is pretty. she used to come in shakalaka boom boom also. She is also good at acting. Lets see how she looks as Sneha. Lekin bechari ko sirf rona hoga serial meinLOL.....kyunki uski zindagi mein sirf kasauti hogi prerna ki tarahLOLLOL

She is very bubbly actress.Smile

Ronit IF-Dazzler
Ronit
Ronit

Posted: 19 January 2005 at 6:53am | IP Logged
she's cute
galactic4_1000 IF-Dazzler
galactic4_1000
galactic4_1000

Posted: 20 January 2005 at 11:01am | IP Logged

I think she's just right for Sneha!! Looks cute and seems a lot of fun!!

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top