fly2me thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 15 years ago

Big B arrested at Mumbai airport

Amitabh Bachchan at Siddhivinayakin movie Family

Bollywood icon Amitabh Bachchan was arrested at Mumbai airport for carrying weapon whose number does not coincide with that on the license document. He was caught with the suspected pistol while flying from Mumbai to Pune to shoot Ambika Hinduja's film, Teen Patti. When Amitabh was arrested with a gun in his registered baggage, there was a havoc created at the airport. He was allowed to fly to Pune only after he has surrendered the pistol to the airport authority. "The digits on the pistol were different from those on the license. Airline officials found the curvature of the pistol different from the one the digits indicated," said a security officer at the airport.

Jet Airways too confirmed the incident. "There was a slight discrepancy in the licence number. Mr Bachchan apologised for the error,"' said a Jet airways spokesperson. "He then took the flight without the pistol." During security checking, it was found that his pistol number unmatched with the registered number. The incident took place at 9:30 am on Saturday.

When Big B was detected with the suspect gun, his secretary was called in to take the gun home.

source: http://www.bollywoodsamachar.com/ShowNews.asp?NewsSite=&NewsUrl=http://www.bollywoodmantra.com/news/big-b-arrested-at-mumbai-airport/3634/

xoxo
-Lara😊

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maria_Exotiika thumbnail
Well .... so he had 2 pistols =O suprising ...
ISano thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
omg.. i hoguht .. he was .. put behind the bars. omg.. cool
queenie thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Are you actually allowed to carry weapons on commercial airlines in India?? πŸ€”
What?! he is trying to hijack a plane?! That's flying from Mumbai to Pune?! Oh no......help....run......πŸ˜†

Ironic, isn't it......considering how people can enter India from anywhere armed with hi-tech weapons and shoot down innocent people.....and this old man is being stopped for a mismatched license number.

All I have to say is these Indian security people  need to straighten their priorities up.

Edited by flaviya - 15 years ago
Zareena thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
^^haha. i am surprised too.
wezyus thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Is it his personal effects or he wud used it during the shooting ? ...thsnk
goltv thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Actually thats not really true. πŸ€”

Big B was not arrested only detained for a short while before boarding the flight . You can read the whole story at these link below also read this in some news paper or news site -

Big B Detained at Airport

ibelieveinpink thumbnail
I didn't know guns can be carried on airplanes, but hopefully everything will be sorted out!
fly2me thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
goltv : read the article that's what it says!
arrested does not always mean putted behind the bars!
:)
Edited by fly2me - 15 years ago