Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 03 December 2008 at 9:58am | IP Logged
Hi guys,

Does anyone know what the exact meaning of Uttaran is?? I'm a little confused...I haven't really heard this word beforeConfused

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "The meaning of Uttaran?" in Uttaran forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

CeruleanSky

IF-Rockerz

CeruleanSky

Posted: 03 December 2008 at 11:15am | IP Logged
My mom thinks it means "upgrading" ... as in , progress , little by little ....its an uncommon word , even I hadnt heard it .... I think I'll have to ask my Hindi teacher Geek

My mom thinks that it signifies how Iccha always wants more , and is always dreaming about "higher" things ... but I'm not so sure ...

Just a sec , I'll check up on my Hindi "shabdkosh"

OK , it'll take me more than a sec Wink

-Swetha-

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 03 December 2008 at 11:19am | IP Logged
Thanks for explaining, yaar!

I think your Mom is right...that makes sense....to signify Iccha's will to always dream higher.

I tried to figure it out in context when they played that song in the epi, but I still couldn't figure it out....LOL.

-Swetha-

CeruleanSky

IF-Rockerz

CeruleanSky

Posted: 03 December 2008 at 11:25am | IP Logged
No , it seems Mom was wrong .... LOL...that is , if my shabdkosh is correct Geek

I just checked it up on the dic. , and there are two words I found :

* Uttran - things which have been worn out by constant usage , discarded things

*Utaran - clothes which have become old due to constant wearing

I think it comes from the root "utaarna" ..taking off....but I dont know if it fits into the title song Confused... I'll still ask my Hindi teacher ... and then get a earful from her for asking her doubts only on watching TV LOL

But I think Mom's version is better ... Big smile

Love,Shreya

-Swetha-

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 03 December 2008 at 11:28am | IP Logged
LOL, Shreya! LOLLOL

I like your Mom's version better too.....it implies a much deeper meaning!

But initially I'd also thought when I heard the song in the epi that it might mean 'uttaran' as in something that's coming down....or 'wearing down' as you said.

Maybe an alternative meaning is being implied that Iccha always has to use those things discarded by others after they're worn out....maybe that's where the title comes from....what do you think?Wink

Anu

-Swetha-

CeruleanSky

IF-Rockerz

CeruleanSky

Posted: 03 December 2008 at 11:40am | IP Logged
Yep...thats what I was thinking .... I think it refers to the fact that all her clothes are discarded stuff , "hand-me-downs" ...

You know , that line in the tiltle song " Kyun kisi ke [something] sapno se saje kisi ka uttaran" ......I guess thats what the title means...nice choice of title then Thumbs Up

All right ! so Anu di and me have deciphered one puzzle... one more still to go di , which is , why "Taklu" , despite having a mop of hair , is called "TAKLU" ... LOLLOLLOL

Luv,Shreya

-Swetha-

--Pinky--

IF-Sizzlerz

--Pinky--

Posted: 03 December 2008 at 11:44am | IP Logged
^ i think in this serial it implies the meaning "discarded", used and then discarded.

That is what they showed in the promos as well, that the girl top gets torn and other used things that was given to Ichcha

-Swetha-

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 03 December 2008 at 11:46am | IP Logged
Hehe Shreya, yes we've managed to decipher this big mystery! WoohooLOLLOL

I really like the Title of this show too....it's very unique! And apt I guess for what they're trying to show.

Now for Taklu ke naam ki mystery....uske liye toh Einstein ko phir se zinda karna padegaLOL...Only he can explain why Taklu is called that when he's not a Taklu at all!ConfusedLOLLOL

Btw, don't you think that the guy whose B'day party Iccha sees in the first epi is the guy that's going to fall for her when they all grow up??

Edited by nureat01 - 03 December 2008 at 11:47am

-Swetha-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top