Uttaran Articles Archive - No Comments - Page 4

Posted: 14 years ago

Salman Khan entertained four guests on this week's episode of 10 Ka Dum. It was all fun and banter for the four rising stars of the TV world - Ratan Rajput (Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo), Ragini Khanna (Bhaskar Bharati), Sara Khan (Bidaai) and Tina Dutta (Uttaran).

Chirpy and bright Ratan even cajoled Salman into promising to do a sketch for her, prompting the other three to demand them as well. We're sure the star will keep his word.

Catch all the fun on 10 Ka Dum on Saturday, August 29, at 9pm on Sony.

http://www.indya.com/gallery/gallery.aspx?aid=734
Why Ayub is Faizal's 'godfather'

It's not news to us that actor Faizal Raza Khan is very close to his Rakhi co-star Ayub Khan. In fact, Faizal calls Ayub his godfather in the TV industry. He tells us why:

"When I came to Mumbai, there was no one to support me; at that time, Ayub bhai helped me a lot. He taught me everything, and I even learnt how to keep rozas while shooting at odd hours. He is a very strong man and our bonding started on the sets of Zee TV's Rakhi, which is still going on. He has taught me acting nuances, how to face camera, and other small things in life. We have also started our own cricket team for a noble cause which is still going strong."

Faizal adds, "Whatever I am today is because of Ayub, who helps me whenever I am in need like a brother. He is my only close friend and my godfather in the industry. I really miss him a lot now because we used to have iftaar together during Ramzan, which I will now do on the sets of Uttaran. I am hoping to meet him soon though."

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/August/News_20090831_157

Ichcha (Tina Dutta) has got engaged to the man of her dreams in a lavish style in Colors show Uttaran. All of it has been so overwhelming for this maid's daughter. Miracles do happen. That's the feeling going through her mind now.

However, life was never meant to be easy for our downtrodden Ichcha. A few moments of joy has always been followed by deep sorrow. That's been the script for Ichcha since childhood. So, if you thought it will be chat mangni pat byah for Ichcha, think again.

A little birdie from the sets informs, "Ichcha will not be getting married to Veer (Nandish Sandhu). Mausiji (Pratima Kazmi) along with Veer's grandfather will plot a heinous plan whereby they get Tapasya (Rashmi Desai) married to Veer leaving Ichcha distressed. That's how the story will progress."

We called both Ichcha and Rashmi Desai but they refused to comment.

Presently, Uttaran viewers have seen Ichcha engaged to Veer. An envious Tapasya is simply unable to digest the fact that a proposal that was initially meant for her is now fallen in the lap of her poor friend. The riches that Ichcha is currently enjoying is envied by Tapasya. Mausiji has also poised her mind.

Looking at the way things are going, one will have to safely assume that Ichcha's dreams are about to be shattered.

desi**fo***s.com

Life's not a party for Rashmi!

TNN 15 September 2009, 12:32am IST
Email Discuss Bookmark/Share Save Text Size: |
Rashmi Desai, who plays Tapasya in Uttaran on Colors, is all set to portray her true colours on the show! 'Tappu', as she's fondly called
Still from Uttaran
by Ichcha, has now started feeling pangs of jealousy as she sees her friend engaged to Veer, a rich businessman.

But then, when was Tapasya ever satisfied with what she had? She may love her friend, but does she love her enough to let her get married to Veer? BT asked Rashmi if she's like Tapasya in real life and the actress replies, "I'm very different from Tapasya in real life. Tapasya is very childish and foolish as she's pampered by her family and is the apple of their eye. In reality, although I'm pampered by my family, I'm not immature and life is not a party for me."

Speaking about her equation with her friends, Rashmi says, "With friends who are very close to me, I would do everything that I can for them if I was in a similar situation." Seems like the real Rashmi is nothing like Tapasya, but will the reel-Rashmi be a good friend and a good bridesmaid to her friend Ichcha? That remains to be seen!

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv-/Lifes-not-a-party-for-Rashmi/articleshow/5009436.cms
Rift between Uttaran leads?

Rumours are mounting on the sets of Uttaran that the two leads, Tina Dutta (Ichcha) and Rashmi Desai (Tapasya), are not on speaking terms.

Our source says, "For months now, there has been tension between Tina and Rashmi, because of which they don't even share makeup rooms. Nobody knows the actual reason for the rift, but this has made the running of the show difficult, resulting in shoots getting delayed."

We asked Rashmi about this, and she said, "Who is spreading these rumours? If we had been fighting the serial would not be doing well. She (Tina) is a very sweet person and we do lots of masti on the sets. It's only when we have to shoot an intense scene, we try not to speak to each other, to stay in the mood. Tina is kind-hearted there is nothing to worry about."

Rashmi added, "I like to sit alone whenever there are festivities, as I am fasting now during Navratri. I just want to clear that there is no tension between me and Tina."

Tina was unavailable for comment.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/September/News_20090923_113

Revealed... the face behind the shadow

TNN 30 September 2009, 12:00am IST
Email Discuss Bookmark/Share Save Text Size: |
Ichcha, who was recently engaged to Veer had seen someone lurking in shadows during the pre-nuptial ceremony, that left her distressed.
Rohit Khurana

It will now be revealed that this shadow is Vansh's, but who exactly is Vansh? Vansh happens to be Veer's brother whose existence was kept a secret from Ichcha and her family, but now he is back. BT decided to find out more about this actor.

It's Rohit Khurana, who has been the star of quite a few south Indian films, before his foray into the world of television. Says Rohit, "The main reason why I opted to work in television was the role that I was offered.

Vansh's character is complex and interesting. He is the harbinger of change as his entry is going to cause quite a few twists and turns in the show.

I am pretty excited about the role and hope that the audiences will be as excited to see me!" To find out more, watch Uttaran, Monday to Friday at 10 pm only on Colors.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv-/Revealed-the-face-behind-the-shadow/articleshow/5067585.cms

Well this is not a new show but we are talking about Colors, Uttaran which is on its high peak with the twist and turn in the tale. The truth about Tapasya getting married to Veer is out and there is lot more drama to be unfold in the coming episode.

"The drama in the show is about to begin as the truth about Tapu is revealed. But at the same time she will start missing her best friend Iccha too," says Rashmi

Elaborating on the upcoming track, the actress quips, "Now that Tapu is married, she will have to do all housework and everything; that too without the help of Iccha. This is where she starts missing her house and how Iccha use to do all her work."

"But at the same time she knows that Veer is still in love with Iccha so this is where her hate begins. Tappu doesn't want Veer to go and fall for someone else than his wife," she adds further.

Why there is feeling for Iccha when you both are at wars on screen. "We have grown up together may what the circumstances so there is an emotional bonding too. Now you have to wait and watch of how these relationship changes according to the time. About Tapu and Iccha all I can say is that they are like kabhi sautan kabhi saheli," concludes the actress.

May what be their off screen rapport but we all know that Tapu and Iccha are best of friends off screen too.

http://news.desi**fo***.net/television/indian-television-news/3765-kabhi-sautan-kabhi-saheli.html

This Film Farm India Pvt Ltd show clocked a TVR of 8.2 in its special one-hour episode on 24 October. Uttaran airs at 10.00 pm slot.

Not only is Uttaran the number one show but with an average TVR of 6.9, Uttaran occupies the top four spot in the TAM ratings for the week ended 24 September. Contributing 60 GRPs to Colors tally of 356 only proved to be the icing on the cake. Also, Colors shows occupy 14 of the top 15 spots. It's only separated by Zee TV's Saregamapa L'il Champs grand finale which registered a TVR of 5.26 to take the fourteenth spot. Colors lead the table with 356 GRPs while Zee TV is second with 271 GRPs and Star Plus drew 229 GRPs.

It's no secret as to why the special hourly episode clicked. This was the episode when Tapasya (Rashmi Desai) deceives everyone into marrying Veer (Nandish Sandhu). (TellyChakkar had first reported on the culmination of this track) The 8.2 TVR is the highest for any show (fiction and non-fiction) since Rakhi ka swayamvar grand finale which clocked 8.4. In terms of fiction shows, Uttaran lags behind Star Plus' Bidaai, which registered a high of 9.52 TVR in its especial one-hour episode in January 2009.

When asked for his immediate thoughts, producer Pintoo Guha replied, "Well, I'm looking to call Rajan Shahi and Sunjoy Waddhwa to know how they felt they their shows became number one across the board."

On a serious note, Guha says, "When we started, the show was supposed to take this leap after 30 episodes but the two kids (Sparsh and Ishita) became a huge hit with the audience and so we continued with them. Srijita De was first finalised to play Ichcha but that didn't happen for unknown reasons. When we opted to take the leap, cynics said the move would backfire but we were confident of our story and the channel backed us. The result is there to see. Sometime you're destined for success. Everything just falls into place"

desi**fo***s.com

Uttaran gets high TRP of eight  
Colors Uttaran has got some high TRP this week. Episodes especially the one hour special show which aired on 24th October Wedding sequence of Veer-Tapasya and tragedy of Ichcha.The show will be more interesting in the coming weeks 

http://www.indya.com/gallery/indyagallery.aspx?p=Karan-Kundra-in-Baytaab-Dil-Kee-Tamanna-Hai&aid=1003
Rashmi Deasi who headed to small screen from Bhojpuri movie is enjoying her stint as Tapasya in Uttaran. The bubbly girl talks about her life and career plans in an exclusively tee-e-tee with Telly Cafe.

1. Is there any similarity between Rashmi Desai and Tapasya?

Not at all as if I am east, Tapu is west. We are totally opposite to each other. Initially I didn't like as my character was becoming negative but now I love it. Even the audience are appreciating my work on screen.

2. How well do you gel with your on screen partner Iccha aka Tina Dutta?

We are very good friends and have all the masti on the sets. I am very talkative and it's difficult to catch me if I am in fun mood. I just listen to my director Nandita mam as I am scared of her. We are enjoying ourselves in Uttaran.

3. How is Rashmi in real life?

I am very samjdaar and know my responsibilities. I can balance both my worlds and is very homely person and loves my mom, dad and both the brothers. Also I like to work as even if I am not shooting, I keep my self busy at home by doing creative stuffs liking cooking, dancing etc.

4. Were you always interested in acting?

Actually I never thought of acting. I always thought of becoming doctor or air-hostess. Also I thought of becoming a chorographer as I love to dance. It all started when I was learning classical dance. My guru told me about a bhojpuri film. I went there and met the people. That is how I got the opportunity.

5. Are there any plans to go back to Bhojpuri films?

If there is any good script coming up my way, I would definitely go for it. Not many people know that my 2 Bhojpuri films have got national awards too. I would also like to do a Bengali film.

6. What do you normally do in your free time?

I go out with my friends or be with my family. Even if I have more time then I pamper my self in a spa. As I am bit health conscious I also spend my time in the gym busying toning my self and listening to the songs which I enjoy the most.

7. Tell us about one person who is closest to your heart?

I am closest to my mom and bhabhi. For them I am like an open diary and they are very important part of my life. Also my brother Mayank Desai is someone whom I look up to. We spend lot of time together.

8. Which was the one most memorable moment of your life?

It is yet to come. The day I get married and pregnant will be the most memorable moment of my life as that would be the time when I'll enter in the new world which will be very different and an exciting journey for me

9. Elaborate any one embarrassing moment of your life?

It was an incident in my college when I was standing and eating something. I saw a bench nearby and I sat on it. But the moment I sat, the bench turned upside down and I too fell along with it. It was so embarrassing.

10. Tell us about your one secret desire?

Basically I want each and every luxury on earth and enjoy life to the fullest.

http://news.desi**fo***.net/television/telly-celebrities-interviews/3879-i-want-each-and-every-luxary-rashmi-desai-.html