Uttaran

Uttaran Articles Archive - No Comments (Page 23)

Post Reply New Post

Page 23 of 27

Ashis

IF-Sizzlerz

Ashis

Posted: 04 February 2011 at 3:53am | IP Logged
Pragati Mehra and Sushmita Daan in Choti Bahu
Pragati Mehra and Sushmita Daan

Pragati Mehra (last seen in Uttaran) and Sushmita Daan of Saans fame will now be seen in Zee's Choti Bahu. While Pragati essays the negative lead, Sushmita will be seen in a positive role.

A source reveals, "Pragati Mehra and Sushmita Daan play important characters in the show. Pragati plays Maheshwari, the badi bahu of the family. It's a negative character and she is the badi tai of Avinash. Meanwhile, Sushmita plays her devrani. The story will be completely new and fresh and has no connection to the earlier one except that we have retained Avinash and Rubina as leads.

"The story begins with the childhood of the leads and later on moves towards their love story. Gopi Desai who was seen in the first season playing a negative role will be seen in a completely positive character this time around."

Pragati says, "Yes, I will be seen in a completely different role and new look in Choti Bahu." About Uttaran she says, "I was on a 15-day holiday to the US and my track was changed accordingly. Now am back and hopefully will start shooting for Uttaran in two weeks." Sushmita was too busy to answer our calls.

The show airs from February 15 at 7.30pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Uttaran Articles Archive - No Comments (Page 23)" in Uttaran forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

niveditha

IF-Sizzlerz

niveditha

Posted: 10 February 2011 at 6:13am | IP Logged
The Valentine's Day is on its way and our small screen actors share their Valentine plans with us...

Vishal Karwal (Abhay): On Valentine's Day I will make my girlfriend feel special. Not that I don't do it otherwise but this day has its own significance Also, I am planning to gift a nice watch and a hand purse to my girlfriend. For me I celebrate love every single day and for me this day lasts 365 days in a year....

Rashmi Desai (Tapsya): I am totally excited about Valentine's Day and waiting for my Mr. Special to surprise me with gifts and cards. As I will be shooting on that day, I definitely hope to celebrate it as a Valentines week by planning something exciting everyday... Love for me grows every single day and it's a feeling that can't be expressed in mere words

Nandish Sandhu (Veer): In case I don't have a shoot that day, I would love to take my lady love far far away from the city... deciding on a special gift is difficult, but I will ensure that she feels special ... Love is something that adds a meaning to your life and makes your life worth living....

Pratyusha Banerjee (Anandi): I am single but definitely looking for that someone special who will make my life worthwhile. This day reminds me of Madhuri's film dil to pagal hai... and I truly believe that "someone somewhere is made for you". Since I am single, I will pamper myself by shopping for special things, chocolates, teddy bear that would bring a smile on my face.

Shashank Vyas (Jagya): Valentine's day is not just about sharing it with someone who you love, but sharing it with someone who has been an integral part of your life. I plan to be with my friends who have been my help and support. Hope I find someone for myself this year...will keep you informed.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv-/TV-actors-plan-Valentines-Day/articleshow/7468019.cms

niveditha

IF-Sizzlerz

niveditha

Posted: 14 February 2011 at 6:14am | IP Logged
Rashmi Desai

Rashmi Desai urf Tapasya of Uttaran recently married her co-star, Nandish Sandhu in a hush-hush rush-rush wedding in Ghaziabad. She talks to TellyChakkar about their sudden decision to get married and also if she is continuing with acting in Uttaran. She also clears the air about her 'cold' relationship with co-star Tina Dutta.

It's your first Valentine's Day after marriage. Did Nandish give you a surprise?
Both of us have got to finish work hence, we won't be doing much today just like yesterday. It was my birthday yesterday but we were working and we are working even today.

You had put in your resignation at Film Farms (the producers of Uttaran). Has there been any progress?
I am continuing working but yes I had given my resignation four months ago as my character was turning negative. I did speak to my producer and my creative director and this was not the only thing, there were a lot of personal problems as well. My mother wasn't keeping well and my work wasn't giving me any time for her. It was getting very difficult for me to balance both work and home. But, the producers have been very helpful they helped me by decreasing the number of hours I'd shoot. They also let me go early every time my mother had a check up at the hospital. At times they have even decreased my part from the screen play so that I could balance my things. Nandish has been very helpful throughout but how much could he too have done.

Are both of you staying together now?
We got married on paper but we aren't staying together yet. Our elders wanted us to get married so we got married.

Can you tell us how your marriage took place?
My family was in Delhi as I was getting an award there after which we took some days off as we had to decide on an engagement date. Nandish's family stays very close to Delhi and once both the families met, his grandmother wanted both of us to get married. She does not keep well and since Nandish is the eldest son of the family she wanted to see his marriage. So we decided we should get a registered marriage done and then go for a grand celebration sometime later. We had no plans of getting married but it happened.

Why did you get married in Ghaziabad? Why not in Delhi or Mumbai?
We had not decided anything. We were there to plan our engagement somewhere in March-April but Dadi wasn't well and since, Nandish stays in Dholpur he has a lot of his relatives staying close to Gaziabad and they arranged everything for us.

Are your friends upset about your wedding?
Yes, all our close friends are for they weren't invited but nothing was planned. We did explain them and as they know our families they understood.

When do we see you getting married the traditional way?
Our families will decide that but most probably end of this year or early next year.

Do you have any plans as to what kind of a wedding and reception you'd want?
More than me our families are thinking about all of it. I am the only girl among five brothers in the entire family and it's the first wedding in Nandish's family as he is the eldest hence they have a lot of plans.

And, we will have all the wedding celebrations we will also have our engagement soon. Everything is going to go the traditional way.

We have heard you and Tina share cold vibes, what is your take on this?
We are professional friends and we don't talk much as most of the times we are busy with work. We have personal problems and that too keeps us busy. Other than that Nandish and I talk more. Earlier we were friends then best friends but now he is my husband and hence we have a lot to talk about. I think life and situations change after a certain point of time. Tina is a nice girl but she is not from Mumbai and she has to take care of things back home too. To balance everything and then work gets difficult as at times we shoot for more than 12 hours when ideally one should not work for more than eight hours.

We do not hang out together because she is from Kolkata and every time she has a holiday she goes to meet her family. But, we do greet each other while on sets and we also have food together when our shoots are together. But, most of our talk is work-related and it's not just with her, even with Nandish I talk about work a lot of time and our arguments are also related to work.

Are you looking forward to any reality show?
Nothing as of now but will let you know once I do.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

vivacious_priya

niveditha

IF-Sizzlerz

niveditha

Posted: 15 February 2011 at 5:32am | IP Logged
Gaurav Chopra returns to Uttaran tonight..

Gaurav Chopra is back in Colors' Uttaran tonight with a Valentine's Day sequence.

niveditha

IF-Sizzlerz

niveditha

Posted: 16 February 2011 at 3:39am | IP Logged
Veer plans a Valentine's surprise for Ichcha..

Veer and Ichcha will have a romantic Valentine's night out in COLORS' Uttaran, much to the ...

niveditha

IF-Sizzlerz

niveditha

Posted: 02 March 2011 at 5:39am | IP Logged
Satyaveer and Sanchi get closer to creating a rift in Uttaran

The brother-sister duo have played their cards very carefully in COLORS' Uttaran, and are on ...

PutijaChalhov

Coolbie

PutijaChalhov

Posted: 14 March 2011 at 4:04am | IP Logged

The TV industry's had several of its leading stars tie the knot in the past few months.

Ironically however, the time that these stars probably spend shooting for their wedding or honeymoon scenes on camera for the small screen is far more than what they get to do in real life for their own weddings.

In fact, thanks to their busy shooting schedules, none of the newly-weds have actually been able to take off on their honeymoons yet.

But despite the wait, all the actors insist that they can't be complaining, since it's for work that they've had to postpone the honeymoons.

Actor Nandish Sandhu (Uttaran) agrees.

"Though Rashmi (Desai) and I work in the same show, we hardly get to spend time together as we have different tracks, but we're not bitter about not being able to do so," he says.

An insider says, "Today TV is so competitive that actors can't irk anyone for such breaks."

A producer says, "Even we are in a fix, but actors don't mind complying too since they know that the moment they step out they might be replaced on grounds of unprofessionalism."

Another actor says, "Also, it's foolish to let go of plum projects that can sponsor many more such honeymoons later," he concludes.

URL of the article: http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/report_no-honeymoon-for-tv-stars_1519708-all

niveditha

IF-Sizzlerz

niveditha

Posted: 28 March 2011 at 12:47am | IP Logged
Rashmi Desai: Pregnancy Concerns

Rashmi Desai is livid about media reports that state that she is ... 

Post Reply New Post

Go to top