1st December Written Update

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

CeruleanSky

IF-Rockerz

CeruleanSky

Posted: 02 December 2008 at 12:25am | IP Logged
WRITTEN UPDATE

The episode starts with a scene of a traffic junction in Mumbai - busy scenes of the cars stopping , and then driving on , vendors sitting on the road with their wares etc . The voiceover says that this is one of the traffic junctions in Mumbai , where millions of people pass by everyday , stopping with the red light and moving on with the green . The VO continues , "But there are some whose lives stay where they are..its as if their life's red light never turns to green"

Then we are introduced to Bajru, a street urchin who spends the day at the junction , polishing the windshields of the cars passing by and earning a few meagre coins in exchange .

Next we see Taklu , who , as the VO says , is "taklu" only by name , but his hairstyles are comparable to that of film stars.

Next we see another girl Kuki , who is a flower-seller .

Last of all , we're introduced to Iccha , the smallest of them all , who doesnt work like her friends , but instead sits for the entire day at the traffic junction , watching the cars and the people pass by .

Bajru and Taklu come and give the coins they've earned to Iccha , and tell her to keep them safe . Bajru gives her a 2 rupee coin and Taklu a one rupee coin . Taklu tells her not to mix up his money with Bajru's . Iccha puts the money in her pocket and as Takly turns to leave , she teases him by saying one rupee is Bajru's... Taklu gets flustered and says " No no , one rupee is mine !"
 [ha ha...if it had been me I'd have taken the 2 rupee coin]

Iccha tells him that she was only teasing him as she wanted to see how he would jump up and down with worry . She tells him that she'll keep the moneyy safe .

But after Taklu goes to polish another passer-by's shoes , Iccha starts playing with the coins "Yeh Bajru ka , yeh taklu ka , bajru ka taklu ka , bajru , taklu , bajru , taklu " and ultimately , one coin rolls away from her .

She gets up and runs after the rolling coin " Arre ruk ruk !" LOL

The coin finally comes to rest underneath the gate of a posh school . Iccha picks it up and then stares with hungry eyes at the people inside , who were celebrating the birthday of one of the students . Her eyes linger on the three-tier cake and you can see how much she wants to eat it .

As the people inside finish singing "Happy Birthday" and then clap their hands , Iccha and a whole lot of street urchins who have gathered there clap their hands too . The birthday boy's father notices them and comes to the gate to give them a laddoo each . As he comes near them , all of them start clamouring "Me me me !"

Iccha gets a laddoo but some other boys come and snatch it away from her . She goes back to her friends in a temper .

There Bajru and Taklu tease her , and then Iccha says that she'll go and fight them .

Taklu :  Tu !?

Iccha : Haan main!

Taklu , Bajru and Kuki start laughing at her and tease her calling her "Cheenti " . Iccha takes out all of their coins from her pocket and throws them onto the street . She walks away in a huff , leaving behind the other three fighting for the coins .

Iccha runs to a big house , and then stops outside the porch and looks at her mother and the lady of the house , who were on the lawn.

Iccha's mother , who is the maid at that house , says to the Sethani : Memsaab , its the first day of the month today...

Sethani : I see....the month has hardly started , and already you're here to ask for your wages ?
No , you wont get the money now

Iccha's mom : But half of last month's wages are also pending ...

The sethani tells Iccha's mom that she wont get the wages now , first she has to learn how to work properly .She then stands up and tells Iccha's mom that the house is their own , and they wont go away anywhere without paying her wages .

When the sethani sees Iccha , she loses her temper and tells Iccha's mom " I told you not to bring anyone else here , didnt I ! Not get her out of here !"

Iccha and her mom leave , and Iccha tells her mom all about the laddoo incident .

Her mom consoles her and tells her that she'll scold her friends .

As they walk back home , Iccha asks her mom why the lady was scolding her . Iccha;s mom says because she's a sethani . Iccha asks " Ammo , tu kab sethani banegi ?"

Iccha's mom goes to a woman selling vegetables on the road , but the woman tells her to buy vegetables when she's brought the money . Iccha's mom leaves dejectedly .

When they reach home ,one of their neighbours  tells Iccha's mom that some other lady had come , asking about her sewing . Iccha's mom gets all flustered and  hurriedly starts sewing with her old , dilapidated machine .

She gets the blouse ready and gives it to the customer , who happens to be the landlady of the house they stay in . Iccha's mom asks for the money , which has amounted to 600 Rs . The woman tells her that you hadnt paid the rent for the last 2 months , so I'll consider it as paid .

Iccha's mom tells her the total amount of rent came to Rs 400 , and there was still 200 in the balance .

The woman tells her I'll keep the 200 as next months's rent .

After the woman leaves , Iccha's mom tells her friend Chamki to arrange a well-paying job for her somewhere .

Iccha asks her mom when her Happy Birthday will come .

Her mom gets confused and then Iccha explains , saying , when will I wear good clothes , eat nice food , when everybody will clap for me ...

Iccha's mom takes her into her lap and then paints a vivid description for her . She tells her " At midnight , when you will wear pretty clothes and go out on the road and see the world , when there will be no more troubles left ,  when everyone will be happy , that will be your birthday .

---------------------------------------

PLEASE DO NOT COPY UPDATES TO OTHER SITES, THIS UPDATE IS MEANT EXCLUSIVELY FOR INDIA FORUMS MEMBERS

Edited by Shubh_Aastha - 03 December 2008 at 3:37am

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

ahcirharish_kenhimani88PavaniShinymushkan_2003IndraDagaanna44sweet_shagun-aditi--bhootni---Pinky--Howlarious

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "1st December Written Update" in Uttaran forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sweet_shagun

IF-Veteran Member

sweet_shagun

--

Posted: 02 December 2008 at 1:00am | IP Logged
Seems like a very nyc start.... the concept is fresh which makes one watch the show!!

Lovely Update thanks for providing it!!

Luv,

Shagun

-aditi-

IF-Sizzlerz

-aditi-

Posted: 02 December 2008 at 8:34am | IP Logged
shreya thankyou so much for the updateHug
am yet to see it,wow it seems great.everything the plot and the kidoo too.then we have vaishali(ohooo our praveena bhabhi) in the show too.TongueEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

ashbipasha

IF-Rockerz

ashbipasha

Posted: 17 December 2008 at 6:28am | IP Logged
Thanks for the update, seems like a very intersting show.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top