Romance In the Air (Aamir-Sanjee's Interview)

11hypnotic11 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Aamir-Sanjee's interview from a magazine

Romance In The Air

Success has many fathers, failure is an orphan. This oft-repeated adage sums up the career growth of actor Aamir Ali whose destiny catapulted him suddenly and out of the blue to a height from where he himself is rubbing his eyes in disbelief. But then, if fortune favours the brave, behind most of the successful men, there are women of guts and substance. And Aamir must thank his stars that he has perhaps got the best woman of his life, the gorgeous-looking little-framed Sanjeeda Sheikh. Yes, the lady with child-like behaviour and an infectious smile seemed to be Aamir's lucky charm. Sanjeeda, on the other hand, more than proving to be just an arm candy to Aamir has been instrumental in proving to be the backbone for Aamir. Together they wrote one of the most amazing success stories of our times. Because beating the seemingly impregnable duo of Rakhi Sawant (widely hailed as 'dancing queen') and Abhishek Awasthi was no purple and fine linen. But Aamir-Sanjeeda did exactly that.

Today, thanks to Nach Balliye (NB), Aamir and Sanjeeda have emerged arguably as the hottest romantic tele-couple. "Post- NB, we have been traveling for shows both in India and abroad. There are at least eight to ten shows every month. NB has changed our lives altogether," informed Aamir while we talked inside his car on our way to Goregaon where Sanjeeda's shoot was on. The couple's hectic schedules have become so nerve- wrecking that they virtually "ran away"to Bangkok for a week-long well-deserved vacation recently, just "to unwind and chill-out". "We needed a break. It was like going away from a maddening world," said Aamir who had started his career as a crew member in Sahara Airlines but got into the glam world when his friend hair-stylist Alim adviced him to go for a portfolio. "Ya...I did a lot of shopping there," said Sanjeeda excitedly. "And I waited outside and carried her shopping bags," quipped Aamir who had earlier shot into limelight with Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki and Woh Rehanewali Mehhlon Ki "True, he was very patient. Bechara bahut saman uthaya hai without any complaints," said a happy-looking Sanjeeda while squeezing Aamir's cheek.

Jab They Met
Aamir was introduced to me in a friend's party, it was just a 'hello-hi' kind of thing. It was certainly not love at first sight. I never knew that we'll actually be in a relationship like this. But one thing, there was something in Aamir which hit me instantly," recounted Sanjeeda adding, "Slowly, afterwards we kept meeting over coffee or dinner." "Do you know, we actually never went out on date consciously. Also, the most amazing part is none of us ever proposed to each other holding hands and saying 'I love you'. I don't know how, but gradually, we realised that we have fallen in love. There was no presenting roses or going out for a candle-lit dinner where your guy was trying to win you over. It just happened," Aamir said while Sanjeeda nodded her head in agreement.

" I knew she was the girl for me. She grew on me like A.R Rehman's music."
"I'm an unabashed romantic at heart," said she. "She's very emotional," Aamir butted in. So, who finally proposed? I persisted. "Nothing like that. But Aamir took the initiative," giggled Sanjeeda."Sanjeeda is like a child. After few meetings I knew that she was the girl for me. She grew on me like A.R Rehman's music."

I know how to patao her
"What I like about Aamir is that he is not fake. He says what's in his mind.In fact, when we quarrel which is very rare, I keep quiet and he starts pampering me," said Sanjeeda. "When she is upset I know how to patao her again." said Aamir blushing. "What I dislike about Aamir is that he gets really hyper at times.So to cool him down I make it a point to keep my mouth shut I dont argue with him," said Sanjeeda.

First Valentines Day
So, how was their first Valentine? "Oh, no... We were supposed to go out but Aamir called me to say that he was still shooting. So there was no Valentine Day celebration that day. I was very
upset," recalled Sanjeeda. "But I kept pampering her. And that made her smile," Aamir recalled.

"I have gifted myself"
What's the most expensive gift Aamir has given to Sanjeeda in their nearly three years of courtship? "He keeps gifting me rings and pendants. See, this ring has been gifted by him to me," she showed her finger. And what gift Sanjeeda has given Aamir? "I have gifted myself to him, "said Sanjeeda jokingly. Aamir wasn't far behind, too. "Oh, yes... she had gifted me a portable DVD player," Aamir told mischievously. "Don't be so mean to me," Sanjeeda shook Aamir's shoulder.

"I don't know cooking but he has cooked for me several times"
Do you cook? "No, I don't know cooking. But Aamir is a good cook. And he has cooked for me several times," she told as Aamir looked at her proudly.

"He cared for me so much that he flew down to meet me in an alien land"
"Once I was shooting in Mauritius for my serial . One fine day he suddenly landed up on the sets without me knowing about it. I was surprised. But I was so happy that he cared for me so much that he flew down to meet me in an alien land," Sanjeeda remembered with her eyes sparkling.

" I'll never force my opinion on Sanjeeda's career moves"
Is Aamir very demanding, in other words, possessive kind? "No, not at all. We discuss lot of things. Particularly when I'm in doubt I ask him. But ultimately I take my decision," said Sanjeeda with a confident note. "We give each other space so that the other person doesn't feel suffocated in the relationship. I'll never force my opinion on Sanjeeda's career moves. She can
act and do shows as long as she wants.

"After she came back to my life I have calmed down. Life can't be more beautiful"
"Sanjeeda is like a child. After she came back to my life I have calmed down. Life can't be more beautiful," added Aamir sounding lovey-dovey. Then he pulled a fast one on Sanjeeda, "When will you have brains?" We all laughed aloud.

"Eventually I let him win and I land up watching what he wants to see"
So, how do you relax?  "On weekends we make sure to catch up on the latest movies either on DVD, or movie halls as we both are big-time movie buffs. Aamir is crazy about action movies and I like the typical Bollywood ones. Eventually I let him win and I land up watching what he wants to see," told Sanjeeda. "When I look into Aamir's eyes I feel relaxed.added Sanjeeda wearing a smile on her face. "Being with each other is our idea of romance and perfect relaxation," Aamir said sounding romantic.

"I have nothing against the concept of live-in relationships. I'm not a part of it. As far as I'm concerned it's a strict no-no."
Is the couple staying together? "No, not at all. I stay at my home with my parents and he's staying with his mother," Sanjeeda protested. On live-in relationship Does Sanjeeda believe in live-in relationships? "Look, I have nothing against the concept of live-in relationships. I don't advocate it. At the same time, I'm not against those who are into it. Simply put, I'm not a part of it. As far as I'm concerned it's a strict no-no."

" My Mother loves her"
"His mother is very fond of me. I'm a regular visitor in their household. She has, not even once, behaved or spoken to me in a manner that would hurt me," Aamir joined in, "My mother loves her. She has never ever voiced her dissent against our relationship."

"Marriage is definitely on cards"
So when is the couple tying then knot? "Not now definitely. May be in two years time," Sanjeeda said. I looked at Aamir. "We are going through a very good phase of our career. Personally we are enjoying a beautiful relationship. Marriage is definitely on cards, but let us work more in our professional field before we marry," Aamir said realistically.

Perfect understanding
What if Sanjeeda finds Aamir having a cup of coffee with another girl in a coffee shop? "She must be a friend only. I trust Aamir completely. He is my ideal man," said Sanjeeda. "We have a perfect understanding," assured Aamir. The couple said that though they have become very busy these days, still they manage to steal their private moments. "Even while shooting we spend time together whenever possible even if we shoot for different serials," said Sanjeeda. "We go out for coffee and normal dinners. We love non-veg food," said Aamir.

NB experience
Harking back, you ask Aamir about NB experience and how it made the couple more closer
to each other, he becomes nostalgic. "When I was offered the show and when we actually started performing on the sets, initially I was never sure if we were going to win the title. So, Sanjeeda and me decided to take it easy and dance to the best of our abilities and just enjoy. As things went past and we started moving up, we thought let's win it. And eventually we did," says
Aamir proudly. "In NB Sanjeeda's pairing with me was a boon. She gave me some tips and
we both worked our dance performances flawlessly," told Aamir. "Aamir realized it during NB that he dances well; he has got a very good beat sense. He participated in NB because of me. He doesn't even dances in parties. Despite of being a non dancer, he managed it really well and it is the hard work that has paid off,"

Rat race...
What is their take on the competition in the industry with so many youngsters already in the field and many more knocking at the doors? "We do not consider ourselves a part of the rat race and we believe in giving our best shot in whatever work we are given," said Sanjeeda. "I don't feel insecure. I'm in this field for long and I don't believe in numbers." said Aamir. Any dream role in Bollywood? "If given an opportunity to play a character in Bollywood, (after a lot of pondering') I would love to play a blind girl because that is one role wherein you have to put your expressions into use," said Sanjeeda. "I'm not really running around for work in Bollywood. I believe, if it has to happen it will happen. I'm content with what I'm doing now," said Aamir.

And ask Sanjeeda who inspires her the most in the television fraternity pat comes the reply, "I like Smriti Irani, Sweta Tiwari and please please do not forget to mention Ratna Pathak Shah,
I loved her in Sarabhai Vs Sarabhai." Aamir is very positive about the emergence of so many channels now popping up in the market. "It's a good sign. There'll be more work; more programmes" Aamir tells."I want to work hard and do good work. My destiny will take me further."

Love-Bites section
We conducted a quick rapid fire session with the couple who are head over heels in love with each other. Carrying out this session gave us an idea on how much the couple is aware
of each others likes and dislikes.

We asked Sanjeeda about her beau Aamir's tastes and distastes'let's see how many of them get a tick.

Sanjeeda on Aamir:
HIS
Favourite colour: White
Favourite cuisine: Chicken, mostly non-veg
Weekend capers: Watching movies
Favourite holiday: destination: Dubai
Best work till now: Nach Balliye
Tech freak or Tech challenged: he's surely a tech freak, he loves gadgets
Tea or Coffee: None
Morning or a night person: Night
Dream car: BMW or a Mercedes

Aamir on himself:
Favourite colour: White
Favourite cuisine: I like Indian food like Chicken tandoori, we both are hardcore non-veg.
Weekend capers: movies and dinner, recently we saw Indiana Jones together
Favourite holiday destination: London, Mauritius, Dubai, Bangkok
Best work till now: Nach Baliye
Tech freak or Tech challenged: I am a techie freak
Tea or Coffee: None'I drink milk
Morning or a night person: Night, I like shooting at night and hate in the days.
Dream car: I like Merc, BMW,my Honda CRV

Now it's Aamir's turn to get grilled and if he knows his lady love inside out'

Aamir on Sanjeeda:
HER
Favourite colour: She likes bright colours like Red and Pink
Favorite cuisine: She likes Chinese
Weekend capers: Movies and dinner
Favorite holiday destination: Goa, Mauritius, Dubai, Bangkok
Tech freak or tech challenged: Naa' she's not the tech kind
Tea or coffee: Mostly coffee
Morning or a night person: She is definitely a morning person
Dream car:  Lexus and Hummer

Sanjeeda on herself
Favourite colour: Any bright colour say Red
Favourite cuisine: Chinese
Weekend capers: Watching movies
Favorite holiday destination: Dubai and Goa
Tech freak or tech challenged: Moderately into technology
Tea or coffee: Tea when I am at home and coffee when I am on the sets
Morning or a night person: Morning
Dream car: Hummer

Aamir scores a 9.5/11, with a wrong answer and half right answer on
tech freak/challenged.

Final verdict: Sanjeeda wins the game by 1.5 points. But it is definitely a decent score made by both of them and they very well seem to be aware of each others preferences and
tastes.

Aamir was getting late to for his shootings. It's time to say good-bye to the lovely couple. And, as they say, life moves on...

----------------------------------------------------

That was the full interview of aamir and sanjeeda from mag goldd (its a couple of months old but it was never posted before... shweta and mita told me to post it so there^ it was... enjoy whoever missed it)

edited to add- there was typo before...so updated the post again.
Edited by soulfry - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

farina_m thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
aww thankyou so mucj for posting it never seen it b4
kdmhfan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thanks for posting this:-)
Full on Valentine! This interview made me blush! They are so incredibly sweet. How can two people be so cute! They are the cutest real couple. If the two were in front of my eyes, I would have pulled their cheeks and hugged them real tight. They are just so  adorable. Bless!!! Some of the very lovable parts are,

-He picking shopping bags and waiting outside for her
-She growing like Rehman's music on him, (Sweet)
-She keeping her mouth shut when he gets angry to cool him, (Aww Sweet)
-He feeling bad after it and pampering her; patao ing her (Too Cute)
-How he made her smile on their first Valentines day. (Sweet)
-The gift part, Its sweet to see them pulling each other's leg. (Cute & Cute)
-She does not know cooking but he cooked for her many times, (How Incredibly Cute)
-He going out of country just to surprise and meet her. (So Romantic)
-Giving each other space yet having the perfect understanding, not interfering in career moves. (How understanding)
-Watching Action films for his sake; making him win (Too cute)
-Idea of Romance; Being with each other. (Adorable again!)
-Loved the rapid-fire session; Both are pretty aware of each other's choice

Liked reading the whole interview. So in love! Thanks for sharing. I am going to make my man read this now ; )

Edited by Mita_M - 15 years ago
farina_m thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mita_M

Full on Valentine! This interview made me blush! They are so incredibly sweet. How can two people be so cute! They are the cutest real couple. If the two were in front of my eyes, I would have pulled their cheeks and hugged them real tight. They are just so  adorable. Bless!!! Some of the very lovable parts are,

-He picking shopping bags and waiting outside for her
-She growing like Rehman's music on him, (Sweet)
-She keeping her mouth shut when he gets angry to cool him, (Aww Sweet)
-He feeling bad after it and pampering her; patao ing her (Too Cute)
-How he made her smile on their first Valentines day. (Sweet)
-The gift part, Its sweet to see them pulling each other's leg. (Cute & Cute)
-She does not know cooking but he cooked for her many times, (How Incredibly Cute)
-He going out of country just to surprise and meet her. (So Romantic)
-Giving each other space yet having the perfect understanding, not interfering in career moves. (How understanding)
-Watching Action films for his sake; making him win (Too cute)
-Idea of Romance; Being with each other. (Adorable again!)
-Loved the rapid-fire session; Both are pretty aware of each other's choice

Liked reading the whole interview. So in love! Thanks for sharing. I am going to make my man read this now ; )

aww yh ..i kno that was so cute...aww bless lol
mabel thumbnail

thanx for the article

rakun 4eva thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ahada

i just love this couple.

i jus h8e sanjeeda she doesnt suit wiv aamir ali

Originally posted by: rakun 4eva

i jus h8e sanjeeda she doesnt suit wiv aamir ali

How fascinating! A time where the world is shredding into slices and fighting against terror for peace and harmony. Thousand lives crushed under hatred, you actually found the time to hate some actor because she does not suit her man according to your measurement! You gathered the passion to generate a strong emotion like hatred for a girl, for a celebrity, who none of us even know personally. Fascinating! But how does it matter; Its their life, Its Aamir's life and Aamir feels its Sanjeeda who suits him in his life. And God bless them and I hope they always remain happy like this. If you hate anyone and if the person happens to be non-fiction then I beg you to ignore her topics. Hon, lets try to keep peace in the forums atleast.
Edited by Mita_M - 15 years ago
jtyjnfan thumbnail
Haye haye so sweet this is sweeter than the sweetest of scripted films put together.cute lovestory.God bless this cute couple i can imagin them blushin u know they used 2 blush sho much during nach baliye
xox.iloveyou thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
aaaawww, dere shooo cuutee