Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

CeruleanSky

IF-Rockerz

CeruleanSky

Posted: 29 November 2008 at 12:37pm | IP Logged
"I wish I was Anandi's father"

Chaitanya Adib's got a new name these days - Anandi ke bapu

And he's happy with his new identity. "Daughters bring you glory and this just got proven, so what if it's on-screen," smiles Chetanya. "Just the other day I was at this mall when a lady came up to me and asked me if I'm Anandi's real father. I said as much as I wish I was Anandi's or rather Avika's real father, I'm only playing it for now. In the last ten years that I've spent in the industry, I've never come across this kind of recognition and response."

Although the role doesn't really give him much screen space, Chetanya believes it is still an important part of the plot. "The story opened with this character. Moreover every character is justified and unlike other shows here we don't have people just like props, but they are all active part of the story. I would like to take up more shows as a protagonist, but this one would forever be special to me," he adds.

In Saat Phere too he played a Rajasthani character. But it was totally different, he points out. "That character was comic as well as had shades of grey while this one is just an orthodox father." Well, looks like playing papa comes naturally to Chetanya.

Edited by Shubh_Aastha - 29 November 2008 at 12:41pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "'I wish I was Anandi's father' - Article from TOI" in Balika Vadhu forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Tomiko

IF-Sizzlerz

Tomiko

Posted: 29 November 2008 at 3:16pm | IP Logged

You know I haven't really thought about it but it's true.....usually in serials most characters are there just as props - fillers for the family without really anything to do.

But in BV 95% of the characters have an actual part in shaping the story - some take more importance over others but their stories are still there.

kvashishat

Goldie

kvashishat

Movies and Masti Contest 1&2 Winner

Posted: 29 November 2008 at 11:42pm | IP Logged
i really like th echaracter of anadi and his father. just started watching this show and its beautifully created. love it.
btw thanks for the artical

PureBliss

IF-Stunnerz

PureBliss

Posted: 30 November 2008 at 1:02am | IP Logged
Thanks i really like him as Anandi ke Bapu

Lipika agarwal

Groupbie

Lipika agarwal

Posted: 30 November 2008 at 4:29am | IP Logged
thanks 4 sharing...

pals_sneha